• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk Positional Bags

Poirierpro

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2020
I’ve gotten away with not using one for awhile...now I think I need one. What’s your go to positional/pump pillow style bag?

Wiesbad fortune cookie or gamechanger.
I already have a pint size game changer w/heavy fill that I just about use for everything. What I’m after is a positional bag...a bag to fill space. Ya know, those big lightweight fill bags.

Of the two I mentioned, I usually use the Clede to fill space. Its light fill and I can use it almost any way I want. The only other I use is a light fill square one.

I already have a pint size game changer w/heavy fill that I just about use for everything. What I’m after is a positional bag...a bag to fill space. Ya know, those big lightweight fill bags.
I think you’ll find several out there. Coletac Armageddon wiebad....I think they all make one. I will say that for pure competition the bigger ones are more versatile

for lightweight rear bag i like the pint sized game changer from armageddon gear, which can also be used for barrier bag...
for best stability at the range i like the heavier 3D ELR from precision underground

Again guys...not looking for a rear bag. Looking for a positional/space filling/pump pillow style large bag.

Traust makes a nice big pillow puff cuddle bag, filled with super light fill, adjustable shoulder strap and arm straps, and compression straps.... But like others have said, I've only used it a few times over 3 years. But... those 3 times it helped 🤣

I have a AG fat bag, but like others have said- I rarely ever use it. I don’t really carry it at matches anymore. What I do use a fair amount is my match backpack. I already carry it all day to every stage, so why not use it? I’m working towards a more practical load out at matches. If I wouldn’t carry it on a deployment or hunting I don’t take it to matches these days.

Reactions: MOshooter
I have a AG fat bag, but like others have said- I rarely ever use it. I don’t really carry it at matches anymore. What I do use a fair amount is my match backpack. I already carry it all day to every stage, so why not use it? I’m working towards a more practical load out at matches. If I wouldn’t carry it on a deployment or hunting I don’t take it to matches these days.
Ya I just changed packs recently. Went from a larger 511 Rush 72 to a smaller Maxpedition Falcon III. I like it because it holds what I need and nothing I don’t. It’s also cube shaped so I can shoot off it in a pinch.

Armageddon Gear fat ass bag, the bigger of the two sizes offered. More versatile than it first appears. Great for rooftop, high prone with bag under chest, kneeling low for elbows, sitting Indian style with tripod in vehicle or on ground, high reverse kneeling, etc. I had that bag made because the smaller 'fat bags' were too small to be useful for me. I'm 6'6" 330.

IMG_20201013_171943266.jpg

I'm tempted to take a true inflatable beach ball to a match... tape string to it for retention, inflate as need obviously on the clock, orient stripes of ball properly to offset spindrift.

Giant Beanbag Chair.

I have a big bag called the Deuce by NoName Tactical, similar to the one Traust offers.

I know it's use is unrealistic, but until they start having matches that have realistic shooting positions, I'll keep hauling it and using it.

Funny how most of the people on my squad look at me like I'm some crazy gamer, then three or four stages into the match they all want to borrow it and use it. Then they comment, I need to get one of those.

I'm tempted to take a true inflatable beach ball to a match... tape string to it for retention, inflate as need obviously on the clock, orient stripes of ball properly to offset spindrift.
i have a carhart soft lunchbox that i stuffed with a lightweight fill that I use.

Reactions: alcap
Waxed game changer. Unzip and remove 1/2 - 3/4 cop of media. Than use your backpack for elbow stability.

I like my Traust Gamer bag, it's a big pillow with a strap so you can sling it over your shoulder. Lets you easily slide it in front to hug or support yourself, or swing it back behind you and out of the way. It's also super light, the whole thing weighs barely more than 1lb which is great for a large 12"x8"x8" bag.