• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Possible historic targets?

supercorndogs

Ham Fisted Gorilla
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2014
Colorado
What is the biggest monument in the world built by slaves?

1594559695881.png

That’s one of them. Let’s not forget every city built in pre-Spanish South and Central America. Every pre-modern middle eastern, African and Roman city as well.

That said, we’re the only dipshit country tearing stuff down. Well, except the former ISIS and Taliban. 🤔

That’s one of them. Let’s not forget every city built in pre-Spanish South and Central America. Every pre-modern middle eastern, African and Roman city as well.

That said, we’re the only dipshit country tearing stuff down. Well, except the former ISIS and Taliban. 🤔

ISIS was the group that started 21st century cancel culture... Seems like the left has learned A LOT from them over their period of existence...

What is the biggest monument in the world built by slaves?

View attachment 7372301
Except that archaeological evidence supports the suggestion that the pyramids (or at least the Great Pyramid) were built by mostly-volunteer skilled stoneworkers and laborers who received medical care to the extent of metal pins repairing broken bones, had payment in the form of both monetary salaries for the permanent workers and foodstuff daily wages for the shift-based volunteer workers, and were exempt from paying taxes because they were working directly on the pyramid construction instead.

But I'd be delighted to see them try to cancel the pyramids. I'm pretty sure the Egyptians take an extremely dim view of any of their ancient stuff being fucked around with by... well by extremists of any kind. Or just dipshits of any kind like the one who broke Tutankhamun's mask's beard and superglued it back on.

All large civilizations were built on the backs of slaves. How doe they plan on reckoning that little tidbit?

Except that archaeological evidence supports the suggestion that the pyramids (or at least the Great Pyramid) were built by mostly-volunteer skilled stoneworkers and laborers who received medical care to the extent of metal pins repairing broken bones, had payment in the form of both monetary salaries for the permanent workers and foodstuff daily wages for the shift-based volunteer workers, and were exempt from paying taxes because they were working directly on the pyramid construction instead.

But I'd be delighted to see them try to cancel the pyramids. I'm pretty sure the Egyptians take an extremely dim view of any of their ancient stuff being fucked around with by... well by extremists of any kind. Or just dipshits of any kind like the one who broke Tutankhamun's mask's beard and superglued it back on.

They have not exhumed 1% of the work force it would have taken to build 1 pyramid let alone all the wonders in Egypt. Claiming evidence it was built "mostly by volunteer work" doesn't mean 49% of the works wasn't done by slaves. Mode of operation for the day was, conker and enslave your enemies. So I would guess that more like 100% of the works was done by slaves, some of whom were probably skilled laborers and probably received better treatment than the soiled hoard.

I think this story of "mostly volunteer labor" has been accepted because they like the story it tells, and not because it has great scientific merit. The use of slaves for work and everything else during that period is common knowledge. They have taken a very small amount of evidence while ignoring a mountain of evidence to tell this story. Therefore I call bullshit. Even the Egyptians that built the pyramids and carved the monuments of egypt have a long history of changing the history written on the stone. Removing names and putting their names in another place.

It very much the same if you look at sights throughout Africa and how they identify who built them. I am supposed to believe the indigenous people went from building rock castles to huts made of mud and thatch. Does not compute.

Reactions: Dragonscout25
They have not exhumed 1% of the work force it would have taken to build 1 pyramid let alone all the wonders in Egypt. Claiming evidence it was built "mostly by volunteer work" doesn't mean 49% of the works wasn't done by slaves. Mode of operation for the day was, conker and enslave your enemies. So I would guess that more like 100% of the works was done by slaves, some of whom were probably skilled laborers and probably received better treatment than the soiled hoard.

I think this story of "mostly volunteer labor" has been accepted because they like the story it tells, and not because it has great scientific merit. The use of slaves for work and everything else during that period is common knowledge. They have taken a very small amount of evidence while ignoring a mountain of evidence to tell this story. Therefore I call bullshit. Even the Egyptians that built the pyramids and carved the monuments of egypt have a long history of changing the history written on the stone. Removing names and putting their names in another place.

It very much the same if you look at sights throughout Africa and how they identify who built them. I am supposed to believe the indigenous people went from building rock castles to huts made of mud and thatch. Does not compute.
But on the other hand, the only "evidence" I'm aware of for them having been built by slaves are Greek writings written long after the fact. The Greeks did tend to just make things up at times and a theory of being built by slaves doesn't equate to them actually being built by slaves. That said, I do agree that further archaeological evidence may support the use of slave labor in building the pyramids, since slavery did exist throughout Egypt and the ancient world. But slavery was also a different beast at the time. In some cases it was closer to indentured servitude or Medieval serfdom in which a slave had more autonomy and rights; in others it was more akin to prison labor or a drafted workforce; in others it was flat-out chattel "slavery".

But either way, whether it was slaves in the context of, y'know, "slaves", voluntary workers, or drafted labor forces, it's still no reason for people to get so butthurt that they want to tear down the pyramids. And as I said, I'd like to see them try so I can watch the modern Egyptians retaliate.

ISIS was the group that started 21st century cancel culture... Seems like the left has learned A LOT from them over their period of existence...

The entire world has long history with "cancel culture." As we are calling it now. Take the credit for the work of someone else. Burn a book here, destroy a monument, library, religion, and culture there. Chisel some names and put your name there. Probably some of the most interesting findings in Egypt is how many times a king did this to the king before him.

The Nazi's did it. The Spanish did it in South, Central, and North America. ISIS did it. Its paramount history is written, and protected.

The Spanish destroyed what could have answered so many questions about the history of the new world. From everything the storied claim there was, there are only supposed to be two Mayan books left, that are in a museum in Spain I believe.

But on the other hand, the only "evidence" I'm aware of for them having been built by slaves are Greek writings written long after the fact. The Greeks did tend to just make things up at times and a theory of being built by slaves doesn't equate to them actually being built by slaves. That said, I do agree that further archaeological evidence may support the use of slave labor in building the pyramids, since slavery did exist throughout Egypt and the ancient world. But slavery was also a different beast at the time. In some cases it was closer to indentured servitude or Medieval serfdom in which a slave had more autonomy and rights; in others it was more akin to prison labor or a drafted workforce; in others it was flat-out chattel "slavery".

But either way, whether it was slaves in the context of, y'know, "slaves", voluntary workers, or drafted labor forces, it's still no reason for people to get so butthurt that they want to tear down the pyramids. And as I said, I'd like to see them try so I can watch the modern Egyptians retaliate.

I see the problem. You watched one show and now you are speaking from a point of "what i am aware of." I am not here to give you history lesson, so if you want more evidence that slaves did most of the work at that period in time, and in fact for most of our recorded history, then go study history. As I said common knowledge. Floating hypotheses that ignores the common use of slaves at the time is silly.

The only thing that ended slavery was the industrial revolution. You want to feed urbanization without machines, guess what you need.

I see the problem. You watched one show and now you are speaking from a point of "what i am aware of." I am not here to give you history lesson, so if you want more evidence that slaves did most of the work at that period in time, and in fact for most of our recorded history, then go study history. As I said common knowledge. Floating hypotheses that ignores the common use of slaves at the time is silly.

The only thing that ended slavery was the industrial revolution. You want to feed urbanization without machines, guess what you need.
Watched one show? I don't know what you mean. Study history? I have a degree in history. I am well aware of how much work was done by slaves throughout history. But when the common view among professional Egyptologists is that the pyramids were not built by slaves, I'm guessing they know more about it than I do. You have your opinion. I have mine. And that's all there is to say about it.

A good bit of it was considered religious duty as well.

When I was about twelve my father took me to Egypt and I got to climb to the top of the Great Pyramid and go inside them. All you could see in any direction was sand except for the green of the Nile River Valley...and the smog of Cairo in the far distance. Now I understand Cairo has expanded to the Pyramids.

A good bit of it was considered religious duty as well.

When I was about twelve my father took me to Egypt and I got to climb to the top of the Great Pyramid and go inside them. All you could see in any direction was sand except for the green of the Nile River Valley...and the smog of Cairo in the far distance. Now I understand Cairo has expanded to the Pyramids.
That also. Honor the gods, honor the god on earth, and you'll be rewarded in this life and the next.

And yeah, this photo from 2011, the city's right up to the base of the plateau:
1594576792664.png

My parents were there in '86, within a couple days of the bombing in Libya. I'd like to go there before I'm 40, hopefully back to back with a safari farther down the continent and possibly a visit to Israel as well.

Reactions: Dragonscout25
No slaves were used to construct the Great Pyramid and no Egyptians for that matter either. It is actually much older than the Egyptian experts are willing to admit. More than likely it was in existence before the end of the Younger Dryas making the pyramid over 12500 years old.

There are about 2.3 million blocks in the structure and the lightest are 2.5 tons. The granite blocks that compose the ceiling of the Kings chamber weigh over 60 ton each and they come from a quarry 500 miles away in Aswan. Some of the blocks were local, but had to be transported across the Nile. The experts say that it was constructed in 20-25 years. Now using their data and a little math, this would mean a single block would have to be quarried, shaped, transported, and put into place every 5 minutes. 24/7.

Take a look at the drill holes, the vertical shafts, and also the artifacts in the Egyptian Museum especially Schists disk. There are statues with clear evidence of precision machining and the symmetry is astounding. Some of which would be difficult to duplicate today.

Egypt is not the only location for magnificent stone work. Google the 12 angled stone in Cuzco Peru or look at the Machu Picchu. Pumapunku is also fascinating.

I remember sitting in fourth grade and looking at a picture of a group of slaves with ropes over their shoulders , hauling a block up a ramp during the construction of the Great Pyramid. Now I look back and think to myself, what a crock of shit. What we were taught about ancient history was all wrong.
I certainly don't have all the answers, but I am reasonably certain there was a civilization before ours that was almost totally wiped from the surface of the earth during the floods created when meteors impacted the ice cap which covered most of the northern hemisphere. Where I sit now there was 2 miles of ice above my head and when it melted it was not in a drip,drip sort of fashion. Some scientist's research reveals the ice caps were gone in as little as 3 years and some say even less than that. Couple floods with a 2-3 hundred rise in sea levels and it easy to see how most of the people perished.

That also. Honor the gods, honor the god on earth, and you'll be rewarded in this life and the next.

And yeah, this photo from 2011, the city's right up to the base of the plateau:
View attachment 7372521

My parents were there in '86, within a couple days of the bombing in Libya. I'd like to go there before I'm 40, hopefully back to back with a safari farther down the continent and possibly a visit to Israel as well.

I was there circa 1962. I dont think they allow you to climb them anymore.

Thats a weird photo, not what I remember at all.

I was there circa 1962. I dont think they allow you to climb them anymore.

Thats a weird photo, not what I remember at all.
Nah, they don't let you do that now. I mean you still can if you want to see the inside of an Egyptian jail and possibly get banned from the country but that would put a bit of a damper on visiting.

Nah, they don't let you do that now. I mean you still can if you want to see the inside of an Egyptian jail and possibly get banned from the country but that would put a bit of a damper on visiting.

Would have given a nut, well maybe not a nut but a lot, to see this show. Talk about historic...

Reactions: Joel Danielson
I hear slaves and all sorts of racists and Nazi's built all of the IRS buildings as well as that data center in Utah.

Reactions: FatBoy
i was watching a documentary.....they legit said, "the pyramids, contrary to popular belief, were not build by slaves, they were more likely built by unfree laborers"

i was like 'unfree laborer'?...bitch thats a slave....

• Haha
Reactions: Maggot
The pyramids could have been built earlier than the Egyptians or they could have been there earlier than thought. One thing is likely though. All that rock wasn't moved by paid labor. I am sure there are all kinds of ways they sugar coated the truth of forcing others to be a slave.

Watched one show? I don't know what you mean. Study history? I have a degree in history. I am well aware of how much work was done by slaves throughout history. But when the common view among professional Egyptologists is that the pyramids were not built by slaves, I'm guessing they know more about it than I do. You have your opinion. I have mine. And that's all there is to say about it.

Here is the difference, saying the pyramids were built by slaves is not just an opinion. It is currently the accepted theory on how they were built. Not some consensus science bull shit. Do you assume climate change is man made because they have a consensus that said it is? There is a consensus/hypotheses they were built by aliens. There is hypotheses they were built long before the Egyptians.

There is a consensus/hypothesis they were built by "free labor"{what that is is subject to discussion also}, a consensus does not make a theory. So, when current history books say it was made by slaves, ancient history books say it was made by slaves, and it is well known that Egypt was full of slaves. How do you, with "a degree in history" justify disagreement with the modern literature, and the ancient literature based on consensus science?

The entire world has long history with "cancel culture." As we are calling it now. Take the credit for the work of someone else. Burn a book here, destroy a monument, library, religion, and culture there. Chisel some names and put your name there. Probably some of the most interesting findings in Egypt is how many times a king did this to the king before him.

The Nazi's did it. The Spanish did it in South, Central, and North America. ISIS did it. Its paramount history is written, and protected.

The Spanish destroyed what could have answered so many questions about the history of the new world. From everything the storied claim there was, there are only supposed to be two Mayan books left, that are in a museum in Spain I believe.
A little off subject.......I used to work for CONOCO. When we hypothetically meged with Phillips 66 it was actually a sell out by Archie Dunham to Jim Mulva. The "cancel culture" happened. I know people who got in trouble for refering to a conference room as the CONOCO ROOM. That had been its name since it was built. They actually "stole" western paintings and bronze statues that were at our reception area and took them back to Phillips headquarters. All Vice Presidents for CONOCO were eventually gotten rid of. I could go on and on, but "cancel culture" happens on many levels that you wouldn't expect.

Here is the difference, saying the pyramids were built by slaves is not just an opinion. It is currently the accepted theory on how they were built. Not some consensus science bull shit. Do you assume climate change is man made because they have a consensus that said it is? There is a consensus/hypotheses they were built by aliens. There is hypotheses they were built long before the Egyptians.

There is a consensus/hypothesis they were built by "free labor"{what that is is subject to discussion also}, a consensus does not make a theory. So, when current history books say it was made by slaves, ancient history books say it was made by slaves, and it is well known that Egypt was full of slaves. How do you, with "a degree in history" justify disagreement with the modern literature, and the ancient literature based on consensus science?

The consensus is that your hypothesis is just a hypothesis and not consensus or fact.

It is the "accepted theory" because any scientist or archeologist who presented a different theory would have their career ended. They would be cancelled so to speak.

Clovis first was the "accepted theory" for decades. Many a career ended over that one.

I know a better target for them
1594593589194.png

its a mountain of manure it goes with there bs a lot more than a building , the news media should follow them there and the democratic law makers that protect terrorist .

I hear slaves and all sorts of racists and Nazi's built all of the IRS buildings as well as that data center in Utah.
Yeah while everyone is pissing and moaning about who did or didn't do what.
You have to give slavery one thing, it got shit done.

• Haha
Reactions: Maggot
To claim that the pyramids were built by "contrators" is weapons grade stupid.
Slavery is still practiced in the area, like 10 minutes ago.
Has/have been for millennia.
Check on the "contractors" that built the great wall.
The local/historical hyroglifics portray this.

R

Last edited: