• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Possible Record buck shot in WI

Re: Possible Record buck shot in WI

That will do. Looking forward to my annual return trip to MN for deer season.

We just call that average around here. That one probably should have been passed, could use one more year.

Complete sarcasm of course, the things a horse....awesome deer. Taken only about 35 miles from my house actually, wish I'd been hunting where he was, wow. So much for the October lull.....

I don't get where the "Record" is?
Is it for largest "typical" taken by a new "shooter" in WI???

image.axd

slowkota that buck was shot a few years ago if I recall correctly? They are saying that the buck that was shot last weekend MAY be the new record for WI.

Either way both bucks are amazing!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bitter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">slowkota that buck was shot a few years ago if I recall correctly? They are saying that the buck that was shot last weekend MAY be the new record for WI.

Either way both bucks are amazing! </div></div>

Yeah, I think the buck I posted was taken in '09 I think (Somewhere around there!)

The Buck you posted, actually looks like a "Typical", And after comparing the stills...

Fuck it...

MAN!!!

Thats a fuggin Beast... and I can't hate on it!

The buck shot in '09 had points that shared a common base so it hurt the final "typical" score, that buck was shot 30 miles from my hunting lease, the buck shot this year was about 15 miles east of my house, and this 30 pointer which is the new state non typical, was also shot in'09 and was shot 15 miles west of my house.

bobo1.jpg

Here are some of the trail cam pics from the buck shot this year

Cut rifle you seem to be right in the middle of all the action lately! One thing I love about WI big bucks all over, just being in the right spot at the right time is the hard part!

be757d80509f_d864059b-8835-4d85-aad3-53d4502411c5.jpg

5e0b87284512_95d7dee0-8197-46a2-a23c-fe49ab079ff8.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bitter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here are some of the trail cam pics from the buck shot this year

Cut rifle you seem to be right in the middle of all the action lately! One thing I love about WI big bucks all over, just being in the right spot at the right time is the hard part!
</div></div>

That's for sure- I friend of mine is a toolmaker and he takes monster deer every year.

Some guys have the nack for it. It seems to be something special because I've met two guys who have harvested probably 8-10 giant bucks each.

It's more rare that someone just randomly takes a huge deer.