• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Possibly getting a new rifle, have choice between two stocks

floridahunter07

Private
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2009
HS Precision Police Marksman stock or Bell & Carlson Tactical stock with butthook.

I like the butthook but from what I've read the HS is the better stock of the two. Thoughts?

Bench, prone, maybe a local competition, zombies - the usual. This will strictly be a target rifle, I have other rifles I use for hunting when I can squeeze the time off work and have the option to go.

My top choice would of course be a McMillan A5, but price/availability are keeping that from being an option so my options are between the two I listed. Damn shortage of parts!

I've always liked the palm swell on the HS, there seems to be a decent number of B&C that have need work to correct barrel channel and or bedding issues

The grip/palm of the A5 is why I like it, so if the HS would be closer to that than the B&C, then that's a huge plus.

I have the HS stock on my 700P, I thought it was wonderful. I now have a B&C with the hook on a .243 and prefer it by a wide margin. I do like the palm swell on the HS but now the length of the grip seems to short. The B&C's grip is longer and more vertical.

Just my opinion. Not everybody likes the same thing. If you can I would suggest that you handle both before you buy.