• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Post approval timing

rimfire

Private
Minuteman
Aug 26, 2013
I'm a relatively new member, and my earlier posts showed up on the site immediately, but when I submitted a post yesterday, I was notified that it would have to receive moderator approval. It's been nearly a full day since. :confused:

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...on/196200-moderator-approval.html#post2552249

Links, pics, etc. tend to red-flag posts as SPAM from new(er) members which means they get filtered for approval by a Mod (LL). Timing varies, but usually its within a day max (unless of course you are a spammer!! ;) ). Be patient. Once you get your reputation built up some, or alternatively are here longer and get more posts...it'll go away.

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...on/196200-moderator-approval.html#post2552249

Links, pics, etc. tend to red-flag posts as SPAM from new(er) members which means they get filtered for approval by a Mod (LL). Timing varies, but usually its within a day max (unless of course you are a spammer!! ;) ). Be patient. Once you get your reputation built up some, or alternatively are here longer and get more posts...it'll go away.
Thanks, that explains it - the post had pics.

I was on the range all day, so I did not approve anything.
10-4.

Just lucked upon this thread. Where you from in Morgantown? I'm from Grafton but am going to WVU currently.

I had/have the same question.

Does this go away with full membership? Or before that time?

Just a FWIW, I'm not a spammer...

I approve them when I get around to it.

It's a case of the spam filter looking at nothing more than post count. We have spambots attempting to flood the board on a daily basis. Guys posting links or images is really a secondary consideration when you think about it.

We approve them daily, some times in the morning some times in the afternoon.

With a higher post count, you don't have to worry about the spam filter.

It seems the spam filter also flags an approved post upon editing too. My first post had pics and was flagged for approval. After it got approved I made a correction and sent it through. Looks like it's back on the approval waiting list.