• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing post pics of blinds/stands

Re: post pics of blinds/stands

I would never leave that blind(?) during deer season, NEVER.

The first one looks like/is an Outhouse LOL.

The second one is awesome! All it needs is a pisser and fridge.

superde- i have that companies brochure at school but i cant remember their name. its like a 12' octogon, caged porch, ac, tv, poker table, i think theres a mini fridge etc. its called the executive blind or something like that.

shay- very nice ghillie there. i cant find you in your pictures.

and yes the first one is a port o pottie. pretty good idea if you ask me, just have to get a new one or the smell might be unbearable

im thinkin about getting a pop up blind. saw one today for like $100 and its basically a ghillie suit, completely conceals movement inside of it. just concerned about freezing my ass off inside. a plywood blind will hold some heat

I stumbled across this the other day while looking at real estate listings:

nix_013_lg.jpg

thats pretty sweet for a hunting cabin. load that thing on a trailer and move it when you change leases. you can sure lock those things up when you go out of town too believe be. pretty redneck though, i like it

strick9- is that one where you climb up to the desired height like using the footrest and a strap or something and then set it in place? never have really figured out how those work but they seem really cool

Here are a couple I built for my lease in Uvalde a couple of years ago. Every thing is steel except the floor is plywood. They will be around for a while.

blind2.jpg

IMG_5587.jpg

IMG_5186rx.jpg

those are freakin awesome thats like exactly what i want to build. did you follow some plans or make plans yourself?

what kind of welding machine do you have?

I bet those steel bastards are hot! I'd need a camo jockstrap and sweatbands to hunt that setup in 80-90 degree temperatures.

001-1.jpg

This is my tree stand in my driveway overlooking a pile of recent Bear Shit where I plan on sticking one next month!!!

003.jpg

Here is one I built from scrap wood for a friends lease. It over looks a small valley and a feeder. So far just does, spikes, turkey, raccoons, and cows at the feeder!!!
P1010624.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jackh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">those are freakin awesome thats like exactly what i want to build. did you follow some plans or make plans yourself?

what kind of welding machine do you have? </div></div>

I made the the box 4'x6'x6'6" which isnt to big to use solo but comfortable enough for two people. The bottom is 6x6ft and allows a 2 ft wide walkway/porch for making getting in and out safe. It is over built for sure, used 14ga 1 1/4 sq tubing and galvanized sheet metal for sides and roof. They are carpeted and have 1/2" pink styrofoam insulation in them along with plexiglass windows.Went with 6" "C" purlin for the stairway.Everthing is modular and comes apart for transportaion as they are a tad on the heavy side. I use Miller 251 wire units.

weldingdeerstands.jpg

blindrx.jpg

el gordo- i know its off topic but how do you like the 251? i have been seriously lookin into the new 180 w/ autoset...i love miller migs. that blind is freakin awesome i have to say. great work on them for sure. i think id like to have a small lift on mine, like 2 or 3 ft but still have a porch. when your in the blind way up in the air, do you ever have to stand up to get your gun angled down for a shot? or did you make the windows lower? or do you just place the blind far enough away from the feeder that the shot angle isn't that severe?

triggernometry- i really like the last one up off the ground, never seen a duck blind like that before.

tom- did you make that yourself? i really like that a lot

GardDog223, those are cool as bees knees. One question though. Does the reflection of the sun cause any spooking of game? If not, those things will hide anywhere.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARCOREY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GardDog223, those are cool as bees knees. One question though. Does the reflection of the sun cause any spooking of game? If not, those things will hide anywhere.</div></div>

If you notice they are pointed downward. It is an old trick magicians use.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARCOREY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GardDog223, those are cool as bees knees. One question though. Does the reflection of the sun cause any spooking of game? If not, those things will hide anywhere.</div></div>

If you notice they are pointed downward. It is an old trick magicians use. </div></div>

With my luck, a big old buck would see his reflection and charge me from my blind side
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GardDog223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Texas Mirror Stand

mb1.jpg

mb2.jpg

mb3.jpg

mb4.jpg
</div></div>

Flippin' deer and pigs would run right into them where I hunt! They have to be blind and stupid if I can see them...
smile.gif

Seriously, those are cool... is that glass or polished metal?

You guys are trying too hard.
32608danhunts.jpg

Here's the blind I setup for the VA youth hunting day.
PICT0033.jpg

Here's a frontal look at it.
PICT0035-1.jpg

There are trails every 10 yrds behind it going across the ridge and scapes less than 20 yds in front of it with coyote and bear crap all around it. I've only sit in it once with a 6 yr old, even a blind couldn't keep him quiet, LOL. I'll keep it up as a bad weather spot and possibly a late season predator calling spot. Not as comfortable as yours tucker
smirk.gif