• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

post quotes??

AXEMAN

General Nuisance
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2009
kansas, topeka
I get notifications that I have a post quote. I click in and it takes me to my profile page, not to the post quote? how do I either see the post quote or stop the notifications?

Hells yea! ^^^^^^^:confused: That bugs the crap out of me. (well not really it is just a forum on the internet, but....)

The e-mail option has worked best for me too. Its simple and gives you the entire post (not thread), in the body of the e-mail, including your original text/post along with the post by the person quoting you, along with a link to the post(s) in question.

Some time back someone complained about it, and I turned it off, and unfortunately the notification still came through but it no longer brought you to the quoted thread.

Now I have no idea where I was to turn it back on. So until I can figure it out, we're stuck with it as is.

I have don't remember where the setting was that I changed.

i much enjoy the scavenger hunt trying to read through the archives to find one lone quote, all to find it's some lame ass "+1"............ah good times

yeah its not a big deal, I just didn't know what post it would be in. what if someone dug up an old post and quoted it? would that be at the top of the recent posts? I have just learned to click it and move on, lol. I guess someone would pm me if I didn't respond. or figure they won some contest since I didn't have a witty comeback? oh well, no biggie, I thought I was doing it wrong

yeah its not a big deal, I just didn't know what post it would be in. what if someone dug up an old post and quoted it? would that be at the top of the recent posts? I have just learned to click it and move on, lol. I guess someone would pm me if I didn't respond. or figure they won some contest since I didn't have a witty comeback? oh well, no biggie, I thought I was doing it wrong

It does suck, especially when it might be like what you said... Someone thinking they got you to shut up or disproved something you said and they "won the contest".

P.S... You and VJJ have "New post quotes"

Okay then it is not just me. Glad I didn't spend a lot of time looking for an on/off switch.

It's all notifications for me. With Tapatalk it takes me to everything pretty quickly but not from following that damn "you have 2 quotes" thing. I honestly just set up a rule for my email client that sends all messages from here to a folder and I read replies there and then click the link to answer if needed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk