• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Potter trial

Dead Eye Dick

Command Spec 4 (formally known as Wiillk)
Supporter
Minuteman
May 18, 2020
North Louisiana
I have a problem with the potter trial. (And similar trials). (Oh yes I know there is a thread about potter but this is a specific question)

First, while I am no lawyer and certainly not well versed in the law outside of Louisiana (though I have spent far too much time with clients inside of Louisiana courtrooms where they were either on trial for various offenses or their parents were on trial for various abuse/neglect offenses) So, that said

In the Potter trial, what I know is,
1. “Victim” was attempting to flee a legal arrest which is a felony in Louisiana, I am going to assume it is also a criminal offense elsewhere.
2. Even in the committing of a felony, where the perpetrator is fleeing, using deadly force is not allowed as the the officer’s life is not in danger
3. One of the two arresting officers fired a handgun at the perpetrator, killing him in the process

Problem, the officer is found guilty of Manslaughter 1 and Manslaughter 2.

Only one person was shot, only one round was fired, Only one incident that involved the loss of life occurred.

So, why was the police officer found guilty of TWO charges of Manslaughter? One shot, one death, one manslaughter. Otherwise, this, to me, is double jeopard.

Please educate

Last edited: