• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Powder at Walmart

UP_North

Private
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2009
I went into my local Wally world this morning and They has some powder that just came in. If your store sells it keep an eye out.

Re: Powder at Walmart

I loved it when I lived in Boise. The Wal-Mart there sold powder, primers and bullets. There were always great bargains to be had.

I miss the prices from back then too.

If it makes you feel any better the Wal-Marts in Boise don't carry primers or powder anymore .

I've never seen any components at chinamart.

Too bad,they are everywhere and that would give me one more place to check.

Still have a WalMart just over the line in NC that sells it.

I actually bought pistols at a Wal-Mart in Georgia 10-12 years ago. They ain't the same company since since ol' Sam went home.

You gotta be shitting me! Dude, I have never seen a Wal-Mart carry anything like that.... NICE!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Idaho_Elk_Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I went into my local Wally world this morning and They has some powder that just came in. If your store sells it keep an eye out. </div></div>

What Walmart is that? Which town?

I have seen Varget at China Mart.

Not lately thou
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JLM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have seen Varget at China Mart.

Not lately thou
wink.gif

</div></div>

If I ever see Varget at chinamart, I'm buying 16lbs. I frequent the local one in Tomball, TX because it has a huge firearms section as far as chinamarts go. I can usually score some WWB and not pay the assrape prices that everyone else is charging. I'm going to ask if they have ever had reloading stuff there.

The ones that I have seen in Alaska when I am on vacation make some of the gun stores here seem small by comparison. They have primers, powder, bullets, and dies. Anything you need to make loads. I have seen rifles and handguns also. The one caveat is that most everything there is for large game. Large pistol rounds and bigger rifle rounds.

I went into our wal-mart here and bought all 7 boxes of sierra 168smk. I gave $32 a box for them. The last cci primers I bought were from there too.

yesterday I got Varget and RL 22. Those are the only 2 they had that I use. They had plenty of bulk 22 ammo and shotshell primers and a load of bullets.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Idaho_Elk_Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yesterday I got Varget and RL 22. Those are the only 2 they had that I use. They had plenty of bulk 22 ammo and shotshell primers and a load of bullets. </div></div>

Idaho_Elk_Hunter - What Walmart is that where you got your powder? Which town?

Our WallyWorld carries 12 guage field shot in #6 and .410s in #6 & 8. They had some Remington Duplex Turkey loads 2 years ago...

I haven't seen any 22 ammo there in several years. Much less any reloading components.

Yep, Some Wallyworlds carry powders and even primers. All at very competitive prices. Saw all of these items at the big Phoenix Wallyworld a couple of years back.

Of course some areas are famous for getting their tights all bunched up about "evil guns" so the company kowtows to the whims of the wussy liberals. Ultimately, if you boil it down, they are a business, they are there to make money and if powder sells and customers want to buy primers, it makes good business sense to carry 'em. All of this emotionally charged political BS around guns just hampers good business, IMHO.

Ya, I forgot the 168SMK, we have those too.

Look at my location thou
wink.gif

Our Walmart carries Sierra, Hornady and Speer bullets. No Noslers and that is all I use. I paid $16.90 a lb for powder this time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WALLY WORLD IN GRAHAM, TX SELLS POWDER, PRIMERS, etc... </div></div>

I wish our Wally World here carried that stuff. But I am sure everyone knows that all Wally Worlds are not the same.