• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories Powder buying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo0254

Private
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2014
So if this is in the wrong place please let me know. I work in computers and do a lot of programming. I noticed the advice most often given for finding powder online is to regularly check various web sites throughout the day. I am considering writing a binary for windows or linux or Mac computers that you can run. It will then watch for the product you ask me to program into it and when it sees the product in stock will purchase 1 and only one. It will then notify you of the purchase and stop running. I of course would have to program it in a way to prevent it from being passed around. Before I invest my time into this I am curious what the interest is if this was say $30 for one product or $50 for two different products. It could be used as often as you want but not be able to be used by your friends. Thanks in advance for any input in this. I have not wrote this yet but if the interest is enough I could write and develop it fairly quickly.

So you’re saying $30 for each product? Or 2 for 50. That means if I want to cover my bases I would need to purchase one each for 1 pounders of varget, 8 pounders of varget, the same for a back up powder, say 1 and 8 pounders of 4850. Now I would have $200 wrapped up in the software. Not to mention I’m going to be on the hook for haz mat fees each time it finds a single 1 pound of powder. Idk, there might be a market for your idea but it would be a tough sell for me. Now if I had your skills I would definitely write the program for myself!

You should call it ammoseek.
AmmoSeek from my understand does not continually look while you are away to see if a product is available and then automatically buy it if it’s in stock

I won’t name the program that people are already using to do this to limit the spread of its use.

also websites are getting savvy to people that use them and are banning IPs that use software like this.

If the program only buys 1 or 2 the only guys to be offended by this are the ones not buying for personal use. With shipping and hazmat there is no way you could be exploiting this for profit.

sounds like a cool idea, but like the guy said above i have about 4 powders i look for. so id have to buy your product for each single pound of powder and each 8lb?

careful crappin in threads... ive caught more bans here in the last 2months than I have in 10+ years being on facebook and thats sayin somethin
1) Its in the PX, but not following rules...
2) Its vapourware, there is no product for sale...
3) Before OP wastes our time with this, he should google and use the search function

TLDR this is market research
Before I invest my time into this I am curious what the interest is if this was say $30 for one product or $50 for two different products.

With all due respect, even if I wanted a bot to poll for product availability, etc, I wouldn't buy what you describe:
1. Not going to run your black-box binary, period.
2. Not going to pay you to configure it to look for X, especially if next week I want Y.
3. What if your program never finds X, e.g. Retumbo LOL.
4. Not going to pay $30 for one product or $50 for two different products.
5. How will your program know "me" from "my friends".
You might have more success if you wrapped it up as a Pokemon Go clone or something.
Good luck with your project.

With all due respect, even if I wanted a bot to poll for product availability, etc, I wouldn't buy what you describe:
1. Not going to run your black-box binary, period.
2. Not going to pay you to configure it to look for X, especially if next week I want Y.
3. What if your program never finds X, e.g. Retumbo LOL.
4. Not going to pay $30 for one product or $50 for two different products.
5. How will your program know "me" from "my friends".
You might have more success if you wrapped it up as a Pokemon Go clone or something.
Good luck with your project.
I understand your comments and that’s why this is a check. I understand the binary portion but if I just give source code then anyone can pass it around. As far are number 5 of course there would be small details hard codes but not credit cards or anything that shouldn’t be shared

Reactions: Tchitcherine
I'm gonna Guinea pig this and when I have enough Reloder 26 to actually shoot daily again I will brag this program up.

So what’s for sale or trade?
Technically nothing at the moment which is why I have also asked for advice on where to move this post. I’m the end though it would be an executable for your computer that would auto buy a powder of your choice when found in stock

Technically nothing at the moment which is why I have also asked for advice on where to move this post. I’m the end though it would be an executable for your computer that would auto buy a powder of your choice when found in stock
You should move it to the bear pit.

You all know the PX is not a discussion forum. The OP shouldn’t have posted here, but you all know better than to continue this.

Getting tired of repeating myself literally every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.