• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Powder IN-STOCK thread

I think they are making it, just a lot more people use varget over most other powders. Not to mention they probably take care of ammunition manufacturers first. But that’s just my speculation. Trust me I would love to pick up a couple 8 pounders of xbr, but that’s also the problem most of us buy in bulk.

They are. The volume being consumed right now is unbelievable. I was in the warehouse of a well known reloading shop and the amount of powder would make some people pass out, but most of it was going to back orders. If people quit hoarding, it would probably all be normal by next Tuesday! 🤣
Whenever I can, I stock up ... to keep it away from those damn hoarders.

I was looking at PV today and put an 8lber of A2520 in cart and then H4350 popped up and Clays - got 3 lbs of H4350 (it was getting sold faster than I could get into cart) plus a 4lb jug of Clays (for my 45ACP).

I suspect one reason that Varget is so hard to get is so many people transitioned from 6/6.5 Creedmoor to the 6BR/Dasher/GT. I know that is why I am looking for Varget!

Glad to see more and more supplies popping up if even for a moment!

Received notice this AM that Berger 6mm LRHT 109s were available but missed out - glad to see those in the wild as it has been a while since I had any sightings!
500 count at midway as of a few mins ago. 1630 EST

I just tried varget, said there were 3 left in stock, put add to cart, took a delay , then nothing in cart try back in 2 minutes. Missed it by THAT much. Closest I have ever come.

500 count at midway as of a few mins ago. 1630 EST
Was in my cart and popped out when I went to check out - these website teases are killing me!

Now that they are out there I'll watch retailers I like a lot more than Midway and their quantity limits.

Reactions: Dot3
Just got notice that my Berger Bullets - 6mm - 109 Grain - Long Range Hybrid Target (100) are shipping from brunos tomorrow, for those who show pending still

Reactions: Big Timber
4064 still available in 1lb bottles

Reactions: MRADical
I would love to pick up a couple 8 pounders of xbr,
I've seen those twice in less than a week at PV, but it's the first time I can recall in a year and being on the Discord server non-stop for notifications. Of course, I struck out. I did get some of that Staball stuff today though, 8 lb. to ease the hazmat blues. I can finally load for my 6.5 Manbun.

Anyone have any clue why except for a few 1 lb containers fought over at Powder Valley why Hodgden hasn’t released any Varget on the market for well over a year? I would love for Hodgden to explain why they are making Leverevolution and not Varget and H4350. It’s getting pretty annoying to want something and for a manufacturer to not make it.
Just my own little theory here...

I think part of the squeeze on Varget is that it is one of Hodgdon's Extreme Series powders. Along with H1000. They work well and are temp stable. That makes them popular for folks who shoot a lot... Less worry about velocity/pressure swings.

Also, I believe Varget is made by ADI in Australia... I won't open the political can o' worms... but present circumstances both here and there may factor into the scarcity.

Mike

Just got notice that my Berger Bullets - 6mm - 109 Grain - Long Range Hybrid Target (100) are shipping from brunos tomorrow, for those who show pending still
I received the same notice. And CC charged.

I was also able to order two 100 count boxes from Midway yesterday or the day before. They had a two box limit. Also was able to get two 1 lb. jugs of Varget from Midway. Again, two 1 lb. limit. It's all the additional shipping and HAZMAT due to limits that's pissing me off.

Thanks for the heads-up. Wasnt able to get retumbo but got 8lbs of magpro so I'll take that happily
I prefer Retumbo in my 338-LM, but MagPro works great in my 300-WM and 300-PRC ... and it has the advantage of being "obtainable" in these crazy times.

I prefer Retumbo in my 338-LM, but MagPro works great in my 300-WM and 300-PRC ... and it has the advantage of being "obtainable" in these crazy times.
Yeah. This will be feeding my 6.5saum so being a bit faster isn't a big issue. Usually prefer h1000 or rl26 but haven't managed to snag any of either in the last year and a half

Yeah. This will be feeding my 6.5saum so being a bit faster isn't a big issue. Usually prefer h1000 or rl26 but haven't managed to snag any of either in the last year and a half
Accurate seems to be doing a good job making their popular powders available during the shortage ... more so than others ... and their MagPro and 4350 both shoot really well for me. They've earned my loyalty, even when the other powders eventually get back to normal (if ever).

They are just another Hodgdon brand.

VV has been very good.

IMR 8208 XBR available.

Reactions: patscrazy

1644594511640.png

Yeach, I should have just done it. I have 1 jug of it but I do want another just to put up. I had it in my cart and was going to do it immediately but the fee and all was like 50 bucks making it 338 total but yeah I should have just grabbed it and been done. It will come around again before I get anywhere near out but it probably won't be cheaper and very well could be more...
Dude, don't fart around, it won't get any cheaper.

8lbs of Ramshot TAC available from Midsouth Shooters supply as of 2-11-22 @ 1315 PST. Placed an order, we'll see if it gets confirmed or not. 🙂