• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Powder IN-STOCK thread

Local Gun Store in Plano TX just got a big shipment of Hodgdon powders in. Picked up 3# of Varget on principle...never seen it on a shelf during my short 3-years of reloading...

Reactions: ma smith
Better be quick..

Reactions: HolmesDefense
Better be quick..

AND it's gone.

Things are coming around, slowly, very slowly. After almost a two year wait, I was able to snag two 8-lb jugs of Retumbo from a small outfit in Colorado (that doesn't ship). Last month, at another small place, I was able to buy two 8-lb jugs of 4831SC.

This is the new normal, wait, wait, wait, pay $40+ per pound for powder, and be happy.

Now I just need some Berger bullets.

Sounds about right regarding new normal. I'd thought a lot who recently jumped in would fall off fairly quickly. Then saw where post-pandemic factory loads, even non-match hunting stuff going for $45/20-rounds. It makes a heck of a lot of sense to keep reloading at those factory loaded prices. My LGS got in a huge Hodgden shipment Thursday. I stopped in Saturday afternoon and was surprised to see a bunch of powder still there in pounders, including H335, Varget, H4350, IMR 4350, and H1000. All the 8-pound jugs were gone though. I got all twitchy but forced myself out of there without buying more powder. I bought 8# between Varget and H4350 on Thursday, and that will last me for a good strech added to the stuff I already had...

Reactions: KZP and Alpine 338
Reactions: owyheerat
WTF says ck back in 20 min

FWIW, I track sale prices on GB and 8LB jugs settle price has come down $60 in last month.

I snagged 24# locally in last week. I'm good for the year now.

I imagine as others get stocked up then we'll see things become generally available.

FWIW, I track sale prices on GB and 8LB jugs settle price has come down $60 in last month.

I snagged 24# locally in last week. I'm good for the year now.

I imagine as others get stocked up then we'll see things become generally available.
Yeah I’ve been seeing varget become more and more available lately. Saw it twice today. Once for 8lbers and the other for 1lbers.

Reactions: KZP
I think the real problem will be bullets. Now and in the future.
Well I did manage to grab 500 berger 109 hybrids today. Had 2 boxes in my cart but had issues logging o to the site so only ended with 1. I’ve managed to get 1200 in the last 2 weeks so they’re slowly starting to come around. But I agree, will be nice when things become more readily available.

These guys in Great Bend KS had 4064, cfe223, imr4350 and a bunch of other powders in stock yesterday. Both 1 and 8 lb'rs
Also tons of bullets both Sierra and Hornady and minimal CCI primers.
Unfortunately no online shopping.

I think the real problem will be bullets. Now and in the future.
I believe we import all lead now and that is the issue. I have migrated towards fast twist barrels w the intention of using solids for long range work. Cant wait on Berger lol.

Well I did manage to grab 500 berger 109 hybrids today. Had 2 boxes in my cart but had issues logging o to the site so only ended with 1. I’ve managed to get 1200 in the last 2 weeks so they’re slowly starting to come around. But I agree, will be nice when things become more readily available.
Where at?
500 or 100 count boxes?

Cant even get the link posted before it’s gone!
That's what I've found lately, but there was a post on Friday here of some Varget @ the Hodgdon site. I was able to log on and get a 5# allocation. Got a confirmation E Mail, but no shipping info yet. Maybe things are starting to loosen up a bit. The Bots aren't getting everything.

Luckily, I stocked up during the second Obama administration and really don't need anything. I am getting low on Varget and when I saw the post, I went to the site, saw the Varget in stock icon and decided to pull the trigger. Costing me $53.00 a # after shipping & State tax.

Next order from anyone, I'll order a good sized order to spread out the shipping & hazmat to keep costs down.