• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Powder IN-STOCK thread

Scored 1# H1000 $55 at LGS.

Anybody seen any Small Rifle (or Large) PRIMERS???

Thanks guys stay safe

The CCI450’s were in stock for multiple weeks, might still be some available. I use it for 6.5 CM with good results.

Cannot find any Large Rifle Magnum primers anywhere…. Any ideas?

Small rifle br primers:

They work well in place of standard SRP primers.

CCI550 Small Pistol Magnum primer in stock:

N165 available, suitable for multiple magnum calibers:

Also N110, N130, N133 and N550 and CCI41 NATO primers.

Last edited:
Ramshot Magnum gives good speed in magnum calibers, good for 300 Winmag hunting rounds, but a bit temp sensitive.

H4350 sold out real fast. To be expected.

Accurate 4350 is fairly close to H4350 (loads will be 1 gn to 1.5 gn different), so start 2 gn lower and work up. Not as temp stable as H4350, but workable:

Last edited:
Reactions: TEUFEL820
H4350 sold out real fast. To be expected.

Accurate 4350 is fairly close to H4350 (loads will be 1 gn to 1.5 gn different), so start 2 gn lower and work up. Not as temp stable as H4350, but workable:

Accurate 4350 did not work for me. Velocity was 200-300 fps slower. It might work in larger cartridges.

I've been paying the 50 bucks or so a year for free shipping from them. That helped with their higher pricing. Starting July 1st, they began to collect sales tax for my state, now that was a game changer....

Not looking good for much of anything from them now.. :(

Brownells has always been more expensive, shipping sux also.

Reactions: Edgecrusher
Small rifle benchrest primers are in stock. Not cheap, but available at Brownells. $164/k

Reactions: Edgecrusher
Thanks, got 2... with coupon it was $20 more per jug then what powdervalley would have charged, but least it's in stock

still there

code:
TA10

for 10% off worked

Reactions: kenny1773
While we still can’t seem to get certain things like Retumbo, RL26, etc. it would seem like powder is becoming more available…? At least that’s what I see / hope.

Kind of surprised you guys are using such a slow powder in a 6.5C? I've hardly seen any RL25 or RL26 in the past two years, but I have seen plenty of N555 and N560, both of which are comparable to what you're looking for.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jgunner
Kind of surprised you guys are using such a slow powder in a 6.5C? I've hardly seen any RL25 or RL26 in the past two years, but I have seen plenty of N555 and N560, both of which are comparable to what you're looking for.

I haven’t seen N555 is forever! Also question for folks. I’m running 150 SMKs in 6.5cm, obviously heavy… how would N560 do with these? Anyone try them?

1662665751724.png

Personally, I prefer N550 for 6.5x47L with heavy bullets.

Isn’t there a ton of sticky threads for load development Q&A for particular calibers? I thought so.

Back to in stock notifications… TAC 1 & 8 pounders have been in stock at Powder Valley for a while now, also saw some Win 748 if that tickles your old school fancy, and also saw some N133 in stock too.

6.5 Grendel Staline per 100 in stock at midsouth. Won’t last long.

Ramshot TAC still in stock at MidSouth. $10 per 8lb more expensive than Powder Valley. I grabbed me a couple.

Is it? The actual total cost is $260.00 shipped, I had in my head that powder valley after fees was 278 or something? Not a big difference but

Is it? The actual total cost is $260.00 shipped, I had in my head that powder valley after fees was 278 or something? Not a big difference but
Midwest is $2 higher on shipping and hazmat as well.

Edit: I had it backwards. Powdervalley is $1 higher on shipping and hazmat at least on multiples.

Last edited: