• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Powder IN-STOCK thread

$330 for 5k. I have never used these primers though.....anyone else use these?

$330 for 5k. I have never used these primers though.....anyone else use these?

I haven't but I've seen some on here talk about using them and they seem to be ok. I want to say there's a thread on it but not sure

Found this

Reactions: John Glidewell
Anyone know what the limit in pounds of HasMat material {powder} that can be shipped per carrier; Fed Ex or UPS ? NOT to one person but on the truck leaving xzy that sell's powder ?

ECDA4D2B-F048-4683-8739-23BFF847AE70.jpeg

Right there on the site

Reactions: babyguppy
Everyone I know that deals with UPS hazmat has told me this same thing... They bring one pup trailer a day and you are allowed to place one pallet, with up to 100 lbs of hazmat, on that trailer.

Most major retailers will have a couple dozen pallets of hazmat lined up on the shipping dock, each pallet waiting for it's one trailer. After it leaves the dock there are no real special handling practices, other than it can't go on a plane.

I'm sure there have been incidents in the past concerning shipment of powder/primers... But it really boils down to a clusterfuck resulting from government and big business creating laws to fuck citizens while making piles of money. But that's a topic for the Pit...

Back to regularly scheduled updates.

Mike

Bruno said 100pounds max per truck. Or is that why your asking.
Yes sir, just wondering if it was just Bruno's , but it seams to be all powder sellers. Bruno's also told me that they get only ONE truck a day, no one wants to work and espically get a CDL licenses. Thank you "nanny state".
I might suggest that everyone 40 years old or younger read Kurt Schlichter's "Kelly Turnbull's" series of books.**
** If this is inappropriate please delete

Scored 3lb Leverevolution at Bass Pro TN. Slowly trickling back around.

This one works pretty good for me, I signed up and got notified by email. You choose the item (s) you need and get notified when they are in stock. You can even choose 8# instead of one and where you want it from.

Wow , thanks for the info , just worked great for me !

Anyone need Berger 300gr OTMs?

Scored at a local store today! Thank god, I was getting dangerously low on 450’s. This will last me a while.

Going back tomorrow after work for 1 more brick, if they have any left. 😏

5BE909B1-6985-469A-AEBF-88209B47CF6C.jpeg
9BAC47D1-79AE-46F9-B8A0-D1588E6CE67C.jpeg

How much were they? We have been getting them at scheels pretty regular for $95

Why go back for more, let the next guy buy the brick. Hoarding is partly why we are in this current mess.
I wouldn't try to stand on the moral high-ground. I haven't been able to find ANY primers (any size, any type, any brand) locally in years. They have a 1 brick limit per customer per day... I was lucky enough to have 3 friends with nothing going on, and some cash handy. I don't hoard things I don't use regularly. And I burn through A LOT of 450 primers loading bulk amounts of subsonic .300 BLK and 6.5 Grendel for range shooting. I do exponentially more shooting than the average person. If the weather is at least decent, i'm at the range at least 1 of the 2 days, almost every single weekend, testing things or making comparison videos, or load development with a new gun, re-sighting a rifle because I swapped the scopes around on it, etc...

Also, I rarely ever hoard more than 5 bricks of each type primer that I regularly use. During normal economic times, when you can walk into any store and buy a brick off the shelf on any random day, I keep my stock up, and when I burn a brick, I go pickup another one to replace it. It's a matter of buildup and keep up. But over the last number of years, I've been very conservative with my primers, and burned down nearly ALL of my stash. So I'm having to rebuild.

Haven't seen RL25 in a LONG time...

Haven't seen RL25 in a LONG time...
Is that place good to go?

@Dogtown Right before Christmas, Powder Valley had a big drop of Alliant powder. They had 15, 15.5, 16, I think some 17 and for sure had 25. But it went quick, and I think 2000MR and a couple pistol powders is the only Alliant remaining in stock now.

Recently, yes - after a year long glut at least. But over the past two years I'd argue that the slow 20x-series powders from Alliant have been among the hardest to find. N500-series have been a bit more available and H1000/Retumbo are now starting to show up more frequently, but Alliant is still slow.

PV also has a bunch of 5 series Vihtavouri powders, 555, 565, 570 in 1lb-ers