• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Powder IN-STOCK thread

Surprised this is not only available, but on sale. 223, 6 ARC, 6.5 grendel, 300 blk, even 308 all have good loads with it.

Natchez has i4064 The shipping with haz fee is 37$ though. They can keep it. But hey, someone will hit it
I just paid $ 45.71 in shipping, Hazmat and another $28.90 sales tax ( $ 74.76 total ) on 7 - 1 # bottles of powder purchased directly from Hodgdon. Came out to a total cost of $53.00 per # for the 7 #'s.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Jackomason
Does PV have a limit of 1 on 8#s or do they let you buy two?
One 8lb
Five 1lb

That’s of a given type. You can have more than that if it’s different types of powder. You can’t get 16lb of 4350, you can get an 8 of 4350 and an 8 of varget for a total of 16 (that’s the dream at least)

Reactions: pell1203

Reactions: db2000

Reactions: Jack's Dad
What's this refresh game you speak of?
So with PV once you get something in your cart a timer starts. You have 20 minutes to try to nab more stuff so you spread the shipping and hazmat fees out. You will see when when you check stock on a powder say retumbo you select the size you want or is in stock. It will say something like due to orders this item is out of stock check back in x minutes. The idea is some guys put shit in their cart and before the 20min ends they decide they don't want it or can't pay for it and back in stock it goes. Or they forget to watch the timer and time runs out and back in stock it goes. So this is basically a free for all. yesterday I jumped on when it was reported PV had powders. Went to retumbo and it said there were 5 1lbers in stock I add the 5 and hit add to cart. The page did not reload with that powder in cart it thought and thought and after a min it said this was not added because their is only 2 lbs in stock because some other guy was trying to grab it at the same time. So I added the 2 lbs. same thing it said theirs only 1 so I added the one. It actually went in. I hit the webpage refresh and it said oos stock check back in 19 minutes(when peoples timer will run out). Don't wait hit the refresh page again and again and again. For me when I hit the refresh another pound got added to my cart without me doing it I guess it gave me some of my previous attempts automatically (this is first time I had seen this). So I kept hitting refresh and over a 10min period I kept adding 1 pound at a time till I hit the limit of 5lbs for one kind of powder.

Oh depending on how many orders they have it can be a while before it ships. End of 2021 I got my confirmation for the sale immediately but the powder did not ship for 2 months. I actually called because I thought maybe my order slipped through the cracks. They actaully answered the phone checked my order and said yeah its in process just a shit ton of orders. I said no hurry just wanted to check cause it was 2 months.

Anyone else having issues at checkout on Brownells? I find their site not to run very well.

Reactions: rijndael
So with PV once you get something in your cart a timer starts. You have 20 minutes to try to nab more stuff so you spread the shipping and hazmat fees out. You will see when when you check stock on a powder say retumbo you select the size you want or is in stock. It will say something like due to orders this item is out of stock check back in x minutes. The idea is some guys put shit in their cart and before the 20min ends they decide they don't want it or can't pay for it and back in stock it goes. Or they forget to watch the timer and time runs out and back in stock it goes. So this is basically a free for all. yesterday I jumped on when it was reported PV had powders. Went to retumbo and it said there were 5 1lbers in stock I add the 5 and hit add to cart. The page did not reload with that powder in cart it thought and thought and after a min it said this was not added because their is only 2 lbs in stock because some other guy was trying to grab it at the same time. So I added the 2 lbs. same thing it said theirs only 1 so I added the one. It actually went in. I hit the webpage refresh and it said oos stock check back in 19 minutes(when peoples timer will run out). Don't wait hit the refresh page again and again and again. For me when I hit the refresh another pound got added to my cart without me doing it I guess it gave me some of my previous attempts automatically (this is first time I had seen this). So I kept hitting refresh and over a 10min period I kept adding 1 pound at a time till I hit the limit of 5lbs for one kind of powder.
Thanks