• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Powder measures (rcbs competition powder measure VS redding match grade 3br powder measure

THE SENTINEL

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2005
USA
I am think about getting a powder measure I had the redding match grade 3br powder measure
at one time,how does the rcbs competition powder measure compare?

I have the RCBS one with the micrometer on my Pro 2000, it's every bit as accurate as my Redding BR-30, or Comp 10x measures.

I have been using the RCBS Uni-Flow's for years and if I hadn't of came a crossed a Pawesome deal on a Br-30 I would of
said RCBS forever!! but I really like my BR-30's, after I tested and used the BR-30, it became 30's!
One thing you might look at are the Harrell P.M., from what I have read and been told, the Big Boys use the Harrell hands down.
Just my 2 cents.
Cag55

Measure accuracy has to do with the powder you use, and technique. I had a Harrells for years, and once I got the technique, I could throw short grain powders to the tenth. I have not used the RCBS, but with the powders I use, I'd think money is better spent on the Chargemaster, which I have now. J

After testing many expensive powder measures, I now use a $20 Lee and it is just as accurate as the Harrell's or Redding or ...>place name here< If you want long range accuracy, you will need to weigh powder with an accurate scale. Over the course of 100 throws, every powder thrower I've used will vary +-.50 grains or more.