• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

powder quest !!

eli polite

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2010
delaware
today in my quest for powder I found a local store that actually had VARGET!!! however my joy was short lived when the price was reviled $43lb I have not bought powder in 2 years literally 2 years because I just cant find it

I bought 1lb and bitched about it for about 2 hours.. I keep thinking this guy has so much powder because no one wants to buy it at that price..

I also need powder for 10mm and .45 and 9mm

Still less than you would pay for it online with the $28.50 hazmat fee plus shipping.

I'd gladly pay $43 for a pound of my chosen powder right now because there simply is none to be had.

If you were in Alabama I'd take you up on that trade GBMaryland but it isn't worth the hazmat fee. @ Tacticalbolt What I do is I found a group of reloaders on facebook in my local area and let them know of what powders I see and do a group buy so the hazmat is split between all of us. I ordered some 4064 and got the price to about 27 per lbs shipped to my house.

im seeing varget occasionally at gun shows, h4350 almost never. IMR 4350 is all over the place. like the plague, same with RL17. Although, saturday i stopped at a little known place locally and he had all of that. even had rl15. I ended up just getting some more IMR since i got my loads built on that powder now and it seems to be easily gotten. But it took everything i had to not get all of his varget and h4350. I kept putting it in and taking it out of my basket, like 5 times. I didnt want to be one of those douches that clears the shelf just because. But damn i miss my varget lol. Here's to hoping powder comes back soon.

Well it's not a new supply seeing as they had a fire. It'll be a while before Varget is readily available again.

My local reloading components store gets powder now and then and received 20lb Varget and 20lb H4350. When I stopped by, he said that his distributor shipped 150 lb of varget into California split among his customers. This was a couple weeks ago.

BTW, it was the Hodgdon Clays factory that burnt down/exploded, other Hodgdon products are unaffected.

I tried to ship powder and do it the correct way by paying the hazmat fees. Not as simple as it seems. The local shippers are not hazmat generators and could not help me. I couldn't just walk into UPS and do this. I have a friend who works at a plant that ships hazmat materials and he helped me. Without the connection I don't know if I could have accomplish this. The guy at UPS said that if something would have caused the package to be opened. The bomb squad would have been notified and all cost associated with this would have been passed on to me. Just FYI.

I'd been looking for weeks for pistol powders, found some Military surplus stuff today at the Knoxville gun show. Picked up 15 lbs(18.25per lb) of this surplus pistol stuff and 20 lbs of Trailboss (17per lb). Table next to them had it for triple the price and that guy said he'd give me a deal on a 8lb varget for $350. I'll wait for Wideners to get Varget I guess, since I can local pick up its really cheap.