• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Powder Valley 1# Varget in stock NOW!

Re: Powder Valley 1# Varget in stock NOW!

Only problem is they are a month behind almost on shipping. Im thinking you will find it in stock somewhere else sooner.

Any leads on Federal 210m or equivilant primers?
eek.gif

I have 10 on the way from last month, seems like things are starting to catch up.Picked up a Criterion 20" heavy target barrel for my RRA today, list price but hey not bad for these times. Creedmore has two more in stock if a want em. Looking for a 24 inch fluted barrel for my DPMS 308.

No kidding I checked this AM and nothing. Checked after I saw this and gone.
Good grief!

I had 2# in my cart earlier but decided against it. Don't know what I was thinking.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NMMX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GO GO GO

http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/ </div></div>

Remember the days when buying Varget and primers was easy? Yeah.. those were the days.

JUst had the brown truck stop by, I am 10 pounds richer, kudos to Powder Valley, this order was placed Jan 18th.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmyJerry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JUst had the brown truck stop by, I am 10 pounds richer, kudos to Powder Valley, this order was placed Jan 18th.</div></div>

10lbs?? How long will it take you to go through that much powder? 10lbs is what, 1500-1600rds of .308? I would just like to get my hands on 1 or maybe even 2lbs. When you grab up 10lbs doesn't it seem a bit excessive to you? I mean, after all this "what I like to call hoarding craze" is what's driving the inventory down and the prices up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: melloyello</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmyJerry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JUst had the brown truck stop by, I am 10 pounds richer, kudos to Powder Valley, this order was placed Jan 18th.</div></div>

10lbs?? How long will it take you to go through that much powder? 10lbs is what, 1500-1600rds of .308? I would just like to get my hands on 1 or maybe even 2lbs. When you grab up 10lbs doesn't it seem a bit excessive to you? I mean, after all this "what I like to call hoarding craze" is what's driving the inventory down and the prices up. </div></div>

exactly the problem with all these guys. buy buy buy drive the demand up and next year they'll be crying how much the prices have gone up.

Can someone please explain to me why people are buying ammo and ammo components when no one that I know of has threatened to ban or outlaw anything to do with ammunition? Large cap mags and millitary style rifles are the only things they have threatened to ban and the consensus is they can't get that passed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshotkyle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: melloyello</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmyJerry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JUst had the brown truck stop by, I am 10 pounds richer, kudos to Powder Valley, this order was placed Jan 18th.</div></div>

10lbs?? How long will it take you to go through that much powder? 10lbs is what, 1500-1600rds of .308? I would just like to get my hands on 1 or maybe even 2lbs. When you grab up 10lbs doesn't it seem a bit excessive to you? I mean, after all this "what I like to call hoarding craze" is what's driving the inventory down and the prices up. </div></div>

exactly the problem with all these guys. buy buy buy drive the demand up and next year they'll be crying how much the prices have gone up. </div></div>

10 lbs of varget is not that much, if you actually log out and shoot...

Lets see...... Varget.... In the .243, .257R, .260 (if I had to), .308, .338LM.
Yeah..... 10lbs seems about right.

If I don't have 16lbs of H4350 or Varget on hand at all times I get the shakes! Been there done that. Same with Primers and my buddies thank me.

10lbs really isn't a lot when you shoot matches.

Monthly matches 55 to 75 rounds ea match.
At least 4 to 5 larger 2 day matches at 175 to 200 rounds ea.

That would be gone in way less than a year with practice in between or loading other calibers with the same powder.

Its the people who hoard and don't shoot that drive me nuts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: melloyello</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmyJerry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JUst had the brown truck stop by, I am 10 pounds richer, kudos to Powder Valley, this order was placed Jan 18th.</div></div>

You're spot on with the round count. 10 lbs is 70,000 grains. My 308 load is 44.5 grains, so 70,000 / 44.5 = 1573 rounds. I just barely have 10lbs of Varget currently. Managed to pick up an 8lb jug before it went AWOL. I have about 40lbs total currently for loading 308, 300wm, 260. I have some on the way to load 6.5grendel and 5.56. When it all gets here I'll have about 60lbs. Small rifle primers on the other hand...

I only keep 20 pounds on hand for rifle, another 5 for pistol. Varget is a good powder that is good in a lot of different calibers, great shtf powder.10 lbs is not excessive.

It's only seems excessive to the people that don't actually shoot, or make one or two trips a month to the public range. If you shoot comps, you want to try to shoot the same lot # of powder and bullets all season if you can. I have 16lbs of Varget and 20lbs of H4350.......and it'll all be gone by December. No reason to hate on us that actually shoot and use the stuff.

A friend I shoot with goes through a barrel (or two) every year. When he gets a new one chambered, he buys enough powder, primers, and bullets at one time to shoot that barrel out which is roughly 2,500-3,000 rounds.

I don't actually shoot comps, eyes and body too old and broken, but I do take whole family to the range, wife and 3 sons as often as I can. usually with 12 (or more) different weapons, ar's Boltguns and pistols. Whole family except one son are vets (including wifey) so we like to shoot and keep basic skills up. Some times I think it would be cheaper to fly to Hawaii every 3 months.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's only seems excessive to the people that don't actually shoot, or make one or two trips a month to the public range. If you shoot comps, you want to try to shoot the same lot # of powder and bullets all season if you can. I have 16lbs of Varget and 20lbs of H4350.......and it'll all be gone by December. No reason to hate on us that actually shoot and use the stuff.

A friend I shoot with goes through a barrel (or two) every year. When he gets a new one chambered, he buys enough powder, primers, and bullets at one time to shoot that barrel out which is roughly 2,500-3,000 rounds. </div></div>

If you are paying the hazmat fee anyway, might as well make it worthwhile.

Over the past 15 years or so on firearms related boards I noticed something quite interesting to me. There are people who devote a lot of time to specialty sites such as Snipershide and Subguns.com that don't engage in the common activities discussed on the sites.

I was nearly shocked when I found out there were several people that frequented Subguns.com's NFA discussion board that didn't even own NFA, work with them or even know anyone who had them. These are people that posted every day, multiple times per day. Same goes for Snipershide. To each his own. I don't have nearly as busy of a schedule as I once had but I still found to time to shoot, reload or engage myself actively in one aspect or another.

I suppose I'm more of a lurker on websites and prefer to "Get out and shoot." type of guy. With all that being said, I've never ordered less than eight pounds of powder per order. I go through it. I'm not a hoarder. I know what I need to support the habit and try to keep a little more than a years worth of supplies on hand.

Ten pounds of powder on hand would be bare minimum for many of the shooters here.

I never buy powder online due to having family in many different cities within 60 miles of where I live ( it gives me a good excuse to visit or if I am visiting a good excuse to buy powder). But with the shortages and number of people deciding to start reloading i may have to suck it up and pay a hazmat fee... With 20 bucks I could usually buy a whole other pound...

Just get use to "back order" for a while, things will get back to normal, once the stupidity of some will vanish, or fade away (and I am not talking about my fellow shooters).
Btw, 10 lbs of powder is not too much; if asked, I would say not enough. I am not talking about stocking it in a safe, I am talking about shooting it, as this is what it is made for. We love shooting, it is what we do, if I have 10 lbs left, I reorder right away but I can only talk for me and my buds + all the other "compulsive shooters" across the USA.
Some people read books, some others shoot, I actually do both. No one tells us how many books we can read, or how many lbs of powder we can use and if some people are stocking huge amounts of powder, primers, bullets, etc...it is because someone gave them a reason to do so and I don't blame them.
I am not pissed at the member who made that comment, I am just setting the record straight.
Good shooting.
Ombre noire

Stop to think, a lot of guys don't compete on a regular basis. At Butner, N.C. they schedule matches regularly. When you consider Palma, full bore, f-class, etc. theres a match almost every month. A weekend match will expend sometimes 150 rounds or more. Loading .308 I can only get about 150 rounds per 1lb. can. I've started buying mine in 8lb. containers, so really, 10- 1lb. cans is not that much "unless all you are doing is hoarding and not using it in competition". A thin line, I know. But I feel there is a little difference between someone who "needs" it to compete, and someone who just wants to say " I got some, and you don't"!! But, it is what it is. And first come, first serve. And survival of the fittest, and so forth. Just my .02 worth.

I order from Powder Valley weither i hit it right or not i dont know but after putting order in i had powder within a month.

To load all my brass I have in my brass and bullet cabinet it would take 80+ pounds, PV will deliver eventually just look at their notice on top of the page, they tell you what date range they are shipping from past orders. I don't compete but I do hit the range as often as I can, a good day is 500+ rounds of 308, 300 mag, 223 and some pistol just to stay fresh. I do rotate stock, shoot oldest rounds first reloads go to the bottom of the pile. For SHTF I keep well stocked with factory ammo, mucho buck shot.

Yes this same thing happened when he was elected the first time. Primers were in short supply and the ebay sellers (dealers too I believe) jacket up the prices and when the supply came back the price was never the same. Just check out the price of gas, same thing. JesseBB

On the same topic (kinda), one of my Buds (he is also a SH Member) just email me that a guy in Cali sells 8 lbs of Varget for $300 on Guns of America, a DEAL! If anyone interested, he probably would also sell you an average condition Mosin for $10.000; I was disappointed, as I could not leave him a message to let him know where he could shove his 8 lbs.
Let's keep the insanity rolling.
Good shooting.
Ombre noire

On the same topic (kinda), one of my Buds (he is also a SH Member) just email me that a guy in Cali sells 8 lbs of Varget for $300 on Guns of America, a DEAL! If anyone interested, he probably would also sell you an average condition Mosin for $10.000; I was disappointed, as I could not leave him a message to let him know where he could shove his 8 lbs.
Let's keep the insanity rolling.
Good shooting.
Ombre noire

Found 2 more guys on Google selling 8 lbs. of Varget for over $300.00. Gotta love capitalism....