• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Power pro 2000 barrel burner

jsthntn247

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2009
Mississippi
Had a guy at the range tell me his barrel was getting to be toast after 800 rounds in his 308 with this powder. Anybody had any experience with this? How does it compare to 8208xbr?

my barrel is right at 800 rounds, I guess it should be total crap now...oh well it still shoots good as day one. It is not terribly dirty, though velocities can be slightly inconsistent in the lower charge weights.

Oh no, hell no. XBR is the real problem - do not buy any. Maybe then I'll get some.

oh, A GUY, told you. I guess he knows everything, everything he says is absolutely true. no other information needed. lets start more rumors. thanks.

My FTR rig has over 2400 rounds on it now and it still hammers. I ran the 185s and 200s (Hybrids) with 2000MR the majority of those 2400+ rounds. Over 2800 ftps with the 185s and over 2650 ftps with the 200s. Its hard on brass but accurate. I recently switched to Vihtavuori N-150 for the 200s and its extremely accurate, slower (2575) but very easy on the brass and shoulder.

oh, A GUY, told you. I guess he knows everything, everything he says is absolutely true. no other information needed. lets start more rumors. thanks.

You fucking douche, this is a forum where you present you own questions and hopefully can answers questions of others. I simply stated that I was told this was a potential issue and wanted feedback from other members that have experience with the powder. The fella telling me that might use the barrel as a community crack pipe on the weekend and that's why his barrel is burnt, I don't know, that's why I asked the damn question. You added absolutely nothing to this discussion and therefore should have kept your mouth (or hands) shut.

You fucking douche, this is a forum where you present you own questions and hopefully can answers questions of others. I simply stated that I was told this was a potential issue and wanted feedback from other members that have experience with the powder. The fella telling me that might use the barrel as a community crack pipe on the weekend and that's why his barrel is burnt, I don't know, that's why I asked the damn question. You added absolutely nothing to this discussion and therefore should have kept your mouth (or hands) shut.

Hand goes back.... Wait for it.... Wait for it.... Ohhhh .... Bitch SLAP. Hey Xcount , some random guy told me polygamy doesn't happen in Utah. Wait... That sob tricked me!!! Just messing with ya man!!

To the OP, English motherfucker, do you speak it? Your title is stating a fact, wrongly. How about asking a proper question like a any third grader can if you don't want fucked up replies. Or better yet just use the fucking search engine and see there is no evidence of what you are stating.

to the other Mississippi poster why dont' you stop sucking his dick and try mine, evidently I DOUCHE!!

ah shucks, i'm just funnin. in between douching and polygamy, even though i'm not LDS, I just like to quote from Pulp Fiction.

OP, i'm sure you will never have another problem making a statement when you are asking a quesiton. my bad. the thread is all yours.

To the OP, English motherfucker, do you speak it? Your title is stating a fact, wrongly. How about asking a proper question like a any third grader can if you don't want fucked up replies. Or better yet just use the fucking search engine and see there is no evidence of what you are stating.

to the other Mississippi poster why dont' you stop sucking his dick and try mine, evidently I DOUCHE!!

You douche your dick??? I usually just takea bar of soap and a wash cloth and wash mine in the shower. You got an inny??? I'm JUST SCREWING WITH YOU!!! You have to realize that 97.2346% of people on here will bust your balls because A) you asked a question that in their "Gun God" minds, everyone should know... B) because you attack someone. (That'd be you). Me and the OP, yeah we're buds but what made you come up with "sucking dick"?? You from San Francisco?? AGAIN JUST SCREWING WITH YOU. my point is when the ball busting starts don't take it personally. It's a freaking web site. Just give it to em right back. Oh and btw when you come across like a jerk off like you did with the OP somebody's going to chew your ass out just on sheer principle. No offense taken by the dick sucking comment as I know your from Rainbow Valley! :)

My FTR rig has over 2400 rounds on it now and it still hammers. I ran the 185s and 200s (Hybrids) with 2000MR the majority of those 2400+ rounds. Over 2800 ftps with the 185s and over 2650 ftps with the 200s. Its hard on brass but accurate. I recently switched to Vihtavuori N-150 for the 200s and its extremely accurate, slower (2575) but very easy on the brass and shoulder.

This is all I was looking for in an answer. Thank you down south for replying sensible to the original question.