• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Prairie dog action over the weekend

TBass

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2008
Colorado
A fellow Hider & I went out this weekend to shoot the world’s finest pop-up targets. For shooting on public land the shooting was pretty good.. and those 60 grain V-max’s man do they send parts flying.

About half way through the day I look over & my buddy was on the phone, I am still trying to figure out if he was telling his wife that he was going to be late because the prairie dog action was fast and furious, or if he was trying to get Papa Johns to deliver a pizza out in the middle of know where.
Fredtryingtoorderapizza.jpg

You have to ask yourself, do you like your prairie dogs with or without a head… me personally, I prefer without… but that’s just me.
With-small.jpg
Withoout-small.jpg

Re: Prairie dog action over the weekend

If you look closely in the first picture, you can see the bullet trace coming in and the start of a big poof of dirt. In the second picture you can tell by all of the dirt flying that it was a miss; however, he still got sandblasted pretty good.
Bulletcomingin.jpg

Bulletcomingin-butmissed.jpg

Thats great I can think of nothing quite as fun as prairie dog hunting! I love the pink mist! I kind of find it arousing
does that make me sick?

Varmint6 - no sicker than me. I still laugh every time one gets shredded or flips into the air. Heck I try to hit them to so that they get maximum air

Very nice.

This makes me want to go out and do terrible, terrible things to my .243 barrel.

What fanny pack? Looks like a groin plate to me. Must have the JD and coke in there.

Great pictures, looks like a ton of fun. One thing I have learned over the years is don't mess with a guy wearing a fanny pack. As 9 times out of 10 he has a big assed hand gun that he is proficient with.
smile.gif

hamr56 - very wise advice!... and seeing how we both live in a carry state, that is a pretty safe assumption.

I rarely see fanny packs here in Texas. We just slide 'em in our suspenders, and throw an old shirt on. On a different note, if you are a CHL holder and go to the state capitol for a visit, you have your own line. Yes, that's right, concealed carry gets expedited access to the building! woohoo!

What equipment did you use to take the pics?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What fanny pack? Looks like a groin plate to me. Must have the JD and coke in there.</div></div>

JD & Coke sounds good, maybe packed in ice.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice fanny pack..... </div></div>
Why are you staring at his junk?
wink.gif

I actually use a Panasonic Video Camera that shoots 60FPS. I can then take the video home & play it frame by frame & take a snap shot of the video. I have found this to be far more productive that sitting their with my Canon only shooting 5 fps.

Panasonic HDC-SD800 High Definition Camcorder

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TBass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I actually use a Panasonic Video Camera that shoots 60FPS. I can then take the video home & play it frame by frame & take a snap shot of the video. I have found this to be far more productive that sitting their with my Canon only shooting 5 fps.

Panasonic HDC-SD800 High Definition Camcorder </div></div>

I thought you were amazingly quick on that shutter.
smile.gif

Yea - I can't time things that well. Now if I could just find a video camera that shot at 120 fps that did not break the bank.

Tbass is pretty good with the camera. I was yaking at the warden in that pic. That was a fun day wacking dogs. Cant wait to do it with my new scope. On that Savage rifle, it shoots nats ass!!

Coldbore.... what did you do to that poor thing, make him swallow a grenade? Well, I am not going to be out done here, so here are couple more pictures along with my "Critter Getter" (note that my wife did the customizing on the shell catch).

IMG_1890.jpg

Snapshot.jpg

Sure enough on the heat fins AKA heat sink… and I think Joker59 will attest that the old JP rifle is wickedly accurate. It’s so accurate that I ditched my .223 bolt gun

I have yet to try the Amax... and with the way the ole JP shoots the 60 grain V-Max I doubt I'll ever try them; however, they do look effective.

My wife have never given me a hard time about buying firearms, so when she asked to “trick out” my shell catch I just could say no.

If you look closely, you can see that Joker59 literally shot the crap out of this one.
IMG_1897.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TBass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have yet to try the Amax... and with the way the ole JP shoots the 60 grain V-Max I doubt I'll ever try them; however, they do look effective.
</div></div>

If you ever want shoot farther than my six year old and his cricket you may have to try them!!!
laugh.gif

Coldbore... that's a riot I love the bag with guts hanging out of it - a real Kodak Moment.

You know the only reason why I did not try the Amax's is because I was not sure if it was going to send them flying and tear them apart; however, judging by your photos it looks like it does the job.

Hahahaha, it was a good few minutes of shooting. Here they are "served"

ar15052.jpg

Here's another one from the same trip, my buddy chubbles here in the pic is actually holding one of the dogs incisors, Its a shame that its too hard to make out, but those are the remains of his head. All still attached, in one long string of carnage.

summer2006x2.jpg

Cold bore - I've gotta be square with you... That stick of yours sure would look better with a custom shell catch.

And why on earth do you pick up the carcasses, is it for photos, is it the law in you state, is it something the rancher requests... Or I bet you are taking home and cookin' up some vittles

Hahahahahahahahaha
cry.gif
ROFLMAO thanks for the honesty buddy, I'll see if my wife has anything in a bumble bee pattern, or maybe butterflies, ladybugs (my daughter would love that) or maybe a cuddly little animal, but not rabbits or prairie dogs, cuz that would be weird.

I just gathered em up for the photo op, nothin else.

Great pics! I know I'm a few months late on the thread, but I'm just curious, was this in Colorado or out of state?