• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Prairiedogging

Dirty D

Resident Sommelier of cellulite
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2010
Your moms house
So at the range today I caught myself prairiedogging (again damnit), it annoys the hell out of me and yet I still catch myself sticking my head up after a shot to look rather than keeping my head down and eyes thru the scope. Has anyone else encountered this and come up with a technique for proper folow thru?

Re: Prairiedogging

When you said "prariedogging" I thought something completely different. Doesnt your range have a shitter?
grin.gif

I found I would do it while doing positional shooting, not so much when shooting supported. I found fine-tuning NPA and focusing on my sight picture, coupled with telling myself "You'll see it through the scope" had the problem mostly eliminated for me.

Spray the stock with "Firm Grip" and don't shave before you shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 4ester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When you said "prariedogging" I thought something completely different. Doesnt your range have a shitter?
grin.gif
</div></div>

LMAO - My kids even asked what was so funny Daddy?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 4ester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When you said "prariedogging" I thought something completely different. Doesnt your range have a shitter?
grin.gif
</div></div>

LMAO - My kids even asked what was so funny Daddy? </div></div>

we call it hedgehogging or turtling here

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ISBe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Make a mental note of it before each shot. </div></div>

Doing that and constantly telling yourself to focus and look through the scope.