• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

pre-workout supplement

RollinCoal11

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2010
GA
I take either superpump 250 or jacked 3D before workout. My system is getting used to these and not having much affect.

I'm curious as to what you guys take pre-workout

Re: pre-workout supplement

I just started using Napalm Mini Gun and like it. No buzzing in my head or jitters like N.O. explode. It tastes like ass but if you use less water you can get it down in one gulp and be on your way. To be honest I bought it because of the name but it does seem to work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just started using Napalm Mini Gun and like it. No buzzing in my head or jitters like N.O. explode. It tastes like ass but if you use less water you can get it down in one gulp and be on your way. To be honest I bought it because of the name but it does seem to work. </div></div>

No jitters or buzzing? That's how I know it's time to GO! I use Nutrex Hemo-rage Black Ultra Concentrate. It's a ridiculous name, smells good, tastes like ass, and works extremely well. My body builds resistance pretty fast (240lbs) and I got to taking three scoops quickly with Jack3d, NOignite, and NOxplode. Usually within a month and a half for each.

Now that I've been on Hemo-Rage over a year, I've only had to cycle off once. I'm currently six months back into it and am only at two scoops. If I want to max out and feel a lil froggy, I'll mix it with redbull instead of water. It's practically a drug.

I take USP Labs Jack3d and it's pretty good. I get the tingly sensation from the Beta Alanine that a lot of people don't like but it doesn't bother me. I think anything that has a good amount of BCAA's and or L-Arginine is a good pre-workout sup. There are many out there to choose from and many that are good. I hear Scivation X-tend is really good.

I just started some MusclePharm Assault this week. Too soon to have much of an opinion but seems to be what it says. Before that I was using Cellucor C4 Extreme. I liked It alot. Tasted great (Blue Razz) and mixed perfectly. Just wanted to switch up and try MusclePharm as it was recommended by a friend as being better, reading the labels, it looks to pack more punch. So far, I dunno.. Dang sure doesnt taste better
smile.gif

truckman...over time your body will not respond as well to all the stims your taking and your gonna have to lay off to reset everything then go back on them to get that jacked feeling again.

Yes you can rotate to different products and they may give you a little more jolt but in long run you will need to give the adrenals a break.

Another way to stretch it out longer so you dont have to take 4 weeks off is to only use the stims on certain training days or when you need it the most..like long day at work, etc..

this is only from my experience so take it for what its worth.

I cycle between NOXPLODE and Jack3d. The first time I used NO I found after 2 months it didn't have as much of an effect as it did for the first month and a half so now I do a cycle of NO for 6 weeks, then Jack3ed for about 3 weeks or however long it takes for a jug to run out at two scoops a day and then back to NO. NO is by far my favorite pre workout supplement I've used. I hear juggernaut works really well too but I've yet to use it.

Take some Diablo Fire Caps and Anadrol you'll see results real fast.

Another one here for Jack3d. Usually take it about 20 minutes before a workout cause about 5 minutes after taking it I have to head straight for the can.

I have used NO Explode, Black Powder and currently Jack 3D. Black Powder was pretty good but I really like the Jack 3D. I only use 1 scoop and it works great. Been using it for a long time and have yet to get used to it. Try going off of it for about a month and coming back to it to see if that doesn't do the trick.

Depends on what you really want. Pumps, focus, energy, all of the above? Seems like the tolerance to 1, 3-Dimethylamylamine, the main stim found in Jack3d and many other pre-workouts, ramps up really quick, so frequent cycling is a must. For great pumps, clean energy, and great focus, look at White Flood stacked with some ALCAR, and a little extra creatine mono and you should be good.

one of my hunting buddies, turned me over to a GNC brand pre sup, called RAVAGE this shit'll hit ya... I love the 3d as well, but I'll stand by my word, if any of you ever used the original ultimate orange, hands down the best.

I don't see anyone posting their achievements.

I take vitamins, EFAs, chicken, and a glass of 100% juice or a slice of ezekial bread or something of that nature. Pre-workout stims are -not- helping you as they tend to be no more than a mental crutch and they tend to jack up your heart rate which you never want to do unless it is from exercise. Also, they are most certainly a far shot away from being clean. Very few pre-workout supplements have any merit. Creatine would be one that does and it is nothing but an amino acid complex. Analyzing your work out plan and diet is a better investment of your time and money. Also, instead of a supplement, try pumping and burning up your legs on a bike machine with varying resistance for about 5 minutes before you lift. If your legs do not feel stiff and pumped you haven't tried hard enough. I can guarantee a better workout from this because, this releases some of the naturally stored testosterone in your legs and warms up your body. I start this way every time I hit the gym.

I am 195 lbs, 6'1", 8-pack abs w/veins popping on my pelvis. I'de say ~10% BF. I can provide photo evidence if you like.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 264HH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try 1MR (stands for 1 more rep). It's awesome. </div></div>

This.

Stuff is amazing IMHO

Figured I would throw my 2 cents in on this one. Up front, all my following information is coming from articles and training plans written by Mark Twight, the founder of Gym Jones on their membership site. Also my own limited experiences in dealing with exceptional officers in the Army and passing SFAS. I have followed Gym Jones programming for a few years and read all of their articles dealing with dieting and supplements. If you haven't heard of them, their legitimacy comes from training the '300 movie' actors (no it wasnt CGI), professional athletes to incluse MMA/Judo, and elite Special Forces operators.

First, a supplement is only there in essence because your diet sucks. If you ate correctly, a supplement to your diet would not be needed. So eating correctly for your goal is the first and best step towards progress. Unless your goal is to be a freak Olympic power lifter or world class weight lifter like Ronnie Coleman, you are able to get all the protein from a regular diet. Even an athlete only needs 1.5g of protein per kg of body wieght. Any more protein taken in, and you are only pissing it straight out. Furthermore, studies have been conducted that show that athletes who consistently train require less protein over time. As they start let's say a 3 month training program, they require more protein in the first 3 weeks. But after that, their body adapts to using the protein more efficiently and they require less even though their training gets harder as they progress in the program. Again, all from Mark Twight.

Secondly, after reading many articles on the membership Gym Jones site, every one of their athletes used supplements at one time to test them out, but all of their results were the same: they did not give them more of an advantage than eating healthy/regularly. Therefore, they are a waste of money. The only 'supplements' they said worked were fatty oil pills such as Fish Oil pills or CLA pills. These pills help give your diet healthy fat to use which helps with concentration and join health.

However, supplements can be helpful in some occasions. For example, let's say you couldnt eat lunch or dinner on a training day. Using it as a meal replacement would suffice as your diet is lacking that day. Thats really only when they should be used, or you are only wasting your money.

Devotion to a healthy diet will save you plenty of money by not wasting it on supplements. It will also give you better results. Talk with yourself as to what your goals are. Then create a diet and training plan to achieve those goals. Are you trying to put on muscle mass or gain weight? Lose weight? Maintain? Focusing on strength, power, or endurance? All of these affect diet and training. A healthy diet would include eating carbs, fats, and proteins at every meal. But every meal should be limited to no more than 500-700 calories. Any more than that and the extra calories will be stored as fat. Eat 5 meals a day like that and you are totally fine and have plenty of energy for even the most strenuous workouts, trust me. I worked out 3-4 hours a day on no more than 1000 calories/day for 3 weeks straight, but thats only because my goals were different. And guess what? My times and weights still improved. No supplements required.

Just my thoughts about this. Different strokes for different folks.

well im a skinny guy that cant keep weight on so ill take as much help as i can get.

I've used: GNC Amplified N.O., which made me a bit too jittery; N.O. Xplode, which was good but my body adjusted to it pretty quick; SuperPump Max, which didnt have much energy boosting, but gave a great pump, but did clear my bowels after a workout lol; and Beta-Cret, which is good initially for the first 20 minutes or so. Just my experiences.

I wont be buying anymore GNC N.O., or the Beta Cret. Probably go back to the Xplode, or try another down the road.

Some of you guys mention it's a waste, if you have proper diet, and sleep. Now that's the kicker. For those of us who have just pulled a 12-14hour shift, it's 0500 when we get off, but we know we must go to the gym or for a run. That's where the pre-workout supplements come in for me. Gives me that little extra to go ahead and get it done.

if you really want to go into freak mode before you go lift take your usual pre-work as well as a nebulizer treatment with that abuteral stuff that kids take when they have a cough. it opens your chest up you can breath so good and lift for hours.

Cellucor C4 extreme! Holy shit it is good. Not just the awesome pump and blood rush you get, but the taste and mix-ability. I used Jackd and NO but neither came close to C4. Scoop size is similar to Jacked but the taste of any of their flavors (blue razz is my favorite) is awesome. Forget that "just slam it and hold your nose" feeling, I would drink this shit as a cup of juice if it didnt make me wanna throw someone across the room. Try it out, you won't regret it. Oh and don't be a bitch, start with two scoops
wink.gif

If it doesn't feel like you took a bath in fiberglass shavings, you need to take more haha.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CheechTheDon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it doesn't feel like you took a bath in fiberglass shavings, you need to take more haha. </div></div>

that shit is funny to me but so true

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jps24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Figured I would throw my 2 cents in on this one. Up front, all my following information is coming from articles and training plans written by Mark Twight, the founder of Gym Jones on their membership site. Also my own limited experiences in dealing with exceptional officers in the Army and passing SFAS. I have followed Gym Jones programming for a few years and read all of their articles dealing with dieting and supplements. If you haven't heard of them, their legitimacy comes from training the '300 movie' actors (no it wasnt CGI), professional athletes to incluse MMA/Judo, and elite Special Forces operators.

First, a supplement is only there in essence because your diet sucks. If you ate correctly, a supplement to your diet would not be needed. So eating correctly for your goal is the first and best step towards progress. Unless your goal is to be a freak Olympic power lifter or world class weight lifter like Ronnie Coleman, you are able to get all the protein from a regular diet. Even an athlete only needs 1.5g of protein per kg of body wieght. Any more protein taken in, and you are only pissing it straight out. Furthermore, studies have been conducted that show that athletes who consistently train require less protein over time. As they start let's say a 3 month training program, they require more protein in the first 3 weeks. But after that, their body adapts to using the protein more efficiently and they require less even though their training gets harder as they progress in the program. Again, all from Mark Twight.

Secondly, after reading many articles on the membership Gym Jones site, every one of their athletes used supplements at one time to test them out, but all of their results were the same: they did not give them more of an advantage than eating healthy/regularly. Therefore, they are a waste of money. The only 'supplements' they said worked were fatty oil pills such as Fish Oil pills or CLA pills. These pills help give your diet healthy fat to use which helps with concentration and join health.

However, supplements can be helpful in some occasions. For example, let's say you couldnt eat lunch or dinner on a training day. Using it as a meal replacement would suffice as your diet is lacking that day. Thats really only when they should be used, or you are only wasting your money.

Devotion to a healthy diet will save you plenty of money by not wasting it on supplements. It will also give you better results. Talk with yourself as to what your goals are. Then create a diet and training plan to achieve those goals. Are you trying to put on muscle mass or gain weight? Lose weight? Maintain? Focusing on strength, power, or endurance? All of these affect diet and training. A healthy diet would include eating carbs, fats, and proteins at every meal. But every meal should be limited to no more than 500-700 calories. Any more than that and the extra calories will be stored as fat. Eat 5 meals a day like that and you are totally fine and have plenty of energy for even the most strenuous workouts, trust me. I worked out 3-4 hours a day on no more than 1000 calories/day for 3 weeks straight, but thats only because my goals were different. And guess what? My times and weights still improved. No supplements required.

Just my thoughts about this. Different strokes for different folks. </div></div>

+1 You're doing it right my man. Mark twight is an interesting fellow and I follow some of his training theories.

For those of you who are complaining about long shifts, take a lunch box. I carry food with me to school, work, where ever. It may just a couple of shakers of 40-50 gr of whey, some carbs in the form of juice, and my essential fatty acid, fiber, and multivitamins, but I get in at LEAST 5 meals and sometimes 7 depending on how hard I have been training. They are generally small and in the 4-500 calorie range depending.

I mentioned the shifts; and I take my backpack with shaker, protein, and some small meals, and a piece of fruit. I definitely am a believer in the small, frequent meals.

It still is a kick in the balls, to work nights, then days, constantly alternating; regardless of diet. After being awake for 17 hours, you're still tired.

Preworkouts, protein, and creatine work for me.

i have used the no explode and cell mass together and it worked great for me, great gains and strength.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 30calsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just started some MusclePharm Assault this week. Too soon to have much of an opinion but seems to be what it says. Before that I was using Cellucor C4 Extreme. I liked It alot. Tasted great (Blue Razz) and mixed perfectly. Just wanted to switch up and try MusclePharm as it was recommended by a friend as being better, reading the labels, it looks to pack more punch. So far, I dunno.. Dang sure doesnt taste better
smile.gif
</div></div>

I've used MusclePharm Assault on and off for a while now, the focus, and drive are good, and I really gained a full appreciation for the lactic acid supression recently when I tried it to help wake up at 3:30 A.M. to hunt turkeys in the Mountains of Northern Arizona. It works well for me, no crash afterwards, and minimal to no caffeine headaches when cycling off.