• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision .308 gas gun with a can

Sgposin

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2013
Damascus, MD
Hey Folks,

Looking to get a precision .308 gas gun to run with my TBAC 30p-1. I really like the GAP-10 with the switch block option. Just wondering is there anyone else that makes a gun of this quality that will run well with and without a can that I should consider?

Thanks,

Steve

Last edited:
I'm using a Gap-10 with a 30P-1 and it works brilliantly. I can't think of a better combo.

My lmt mws runs like a scalded cat with my sdn6. I haven't noticed an accuracy loss and I'm guessing a tbac would be even better.

Off the shelf or out of the shop there is no sure thing. Each rifle is different as well for the can's, the ammo factory does testing at one location & you shoot it at your location, is it the same probably not. You may need to make ajd. or try new things, if you can do this or pay someone to do this then maybe it will work out. Luck be with you.

Yeah, I'm just a bit worried about cycling and such with the different gas pressures shooting suppressed and unsuppressed. Good to hear the LMT is working with a can. What kind of groups are people seeing with the MWS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm using a Gap-10 with a 30P-1 and it works brilliantly. I can't think of a better combo.

The other issue I had with the GAP-10 was that I really want it with the rifle length handguard, switch block, on an 18" barrel. Ken at GAP said no go due to pressure problems with a barrel under 20", but I talked to SWTHOMAS on here and that's exactly what he has. However he does not run a can. I have seen other pics of this combo on here as well Doesn't seem to add up.

Hmmm, that's a good question, though Ken is obviously a better source. I've got a 17" barrel, switchblock, but it is the carbine length system (and handguard). It was severely undergassed when I first got it, but after sending it back with my 30P-1, it's worked perfectly both suppressed and unsuppressed ever since. Not a single hiccup. And the accuracy is the best I've ever seen in a gas gun. It was a bit frustrating early on, but once the kinks got worked out, it's the one gun that I'd grab if the world goes to shit.

The other issue I had with the GAP-10 was that I really want it with the rifle length handguard, switch block, on an 18" barrel. Ken at GAP said no go due to pressure problems with a barrel under 20", but I talked to SWTHOMAS on here and that's exactly what he has. However he does not run a can. I have seen other pics of this combo on here as well Doesn't seem to add up.

By the way, you're just in Damascus. If you want to get some trigger time with my rifle, we can figure something out. Where do you usually shoot?

I don't have a GAP-10, but I do run a AR308 random parts rifle with a 18" barrel, a rifle length GS, a JP adjustable gas block, and a SWR Omega 30 Suppressor. It runs reliably and accurately.... I'm thinking that because the switchblock isn't tunable, it is still feeding not enough or too much gas with a suppressor and the port size they use on their barrels. My guess is that it would be too under gassed to perform reliably suppressed and unsuppressed.

Last edited:
Another option is DL Sports AR30, I have several of his rifles and they are truly awesome. He is building me a 6.5Creedmoor right now with adj gas block for 30BA can, but they are normally in 308. He can modify specs if you want but his stuff is badass, tank tough and scary accurate. Something different

My 14.5" POF runs like a champ with or without a can. I have a AAC 762SD

53DEB904-472D-4860-A070-FCF3D5134B9A_zps8cjngjmo.jpg