• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

precision Ak???

I hope I'm not jumping to conclusions but "$80 vs $2000 scope", "accurized saiga/no puny 223s", and "308 more accurate than 30-06?" threads all in the same day by the same guy... U trollin bro?
No genious i just fucking joined so i decided to post the day i joined. If you have a problem with that i don't care and no one needs more b.s

i suggest you do some studying of ballistics. i have heard this from other people too. i always laugh when people talk about the superior 7.62x39 round. it might be a better close range round. but that is what sub machine guns IE pistol calibers are for
Im familiar with the ballistics. Im not a big fan of the 7.62x39 either for the same reasons im not a big fan of the 5.56x45 i am however a fan of the platform. Ive dealt with the lacking accuracy from this for years and no its not a big deal and yes its accurate enough but this gun would be wicked with the accuracy of an ar and i got to thinking about it so i posted.

The AK was designed to be, more or less, an individual, handheld machine gun, spitting out volumes of fire. Robustness and reliability are paramount to pinpoint accuracy, although the triggers can be pretty good. The 7.62x39 round has good barrier penetration and is a stopper, but is has a pretty good kick. The stock sights and sight radius are not so good and the angle of the standard wood stock promotes muzzle flip. Those things can be corrected with modifications and fortunately modern AKs with rails easily lend themselves to the addition of red dot scopes and other optics.

Also, like anything else, you get what you pay for. Milled Bulgarian rifles (and even the pistols) are capable of pretty good accuracy out to 200 meters or more.

Last edited:
Im familiar with the ballistics. Im not a big fan of the 7.62x39 either for the same reasons im not a big fan of the 5.56x45 i am however a fan of the platform. Ive dealt with the lacking accuracy from this for years and no its not a big deal and yes its accurate enough but this gun would be wicked with the accuracy of an ar and i got to thinking about it so i posted.

not really because that round can not compete with 5.56x45 past 200 yards. even if you shot 155 palmas it would still come up way short because there is no powder space to push them. the 5.56x45 with 77 smks is very similar to a 308 out 600-800 depending on how fast you can push them.

that is why the Russians switched to 5.45x39 it is ballistics are superior to the 7.62x39

same reason guys shoot 243s and 260 in open matches

i have a 7.62x39 ar 15 and it does not shoot that great with any of the steel cased ammo i have used but i did not get it for its accuracy i got because of ammo prices and ak 47 sights