• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Precision Armament M11 brake/ no POI change!!

groundhogbuster

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2012
Western NC
I have tried 3 Brakes so far, and started shooting 5 shot groups. I have tried 3 Brakes with this gun, and had POI change with all but the Precision Armament M11 Brake. Does this mean my threads are off, or that the M11 Brake is just the best choice for this guns threads? The SF & JP Brakes moved POI about 1" low. but the M11 Brake is dead on. Heres a pic of 2 3 shot groups, one no Brake, and 1 w/ Brake, and then a 5 shot group @ 105yds. I know I shot right where I usually shoot, but I measured w/ RF and was 105.
IMG_2768.jpg

IMG_2771.jpg

And the 5 shot (wish I'd have stopped at 4
IMG_2769.jpg

All my shots were timed by a friend, and averaged 11 seconds, but the last one took me 22 seconds to get off.
I tried Varget @ 42 gr/ 43gr/and 45gr did the best, which was all these groups. Should I try any higher load? or stop at 45?

Re: Precision Armament M11 brake/ no POI change!!

did you chrono each group with each brake? also there could be other factors involved with the brakes you shot. some may have caused a bit of bullet instability as it passed through the brake where as the latest brake you just used did not have any instability issues.

tiny imperfection within the brakes "baffling system" (not sure what else to call it). can cause turbulence and might (might being the key word) throw off the shots just a bit.

this is just a theory and in no way my expert opinion seeing as how i don't consider myself an expert lol

Re: Precision Armament M11 brake/ no POI change!!

Lol, thanks Mike. I am no expert in anything either, but have shot many Brakes, mostly made by the Smith, similar to the Vais. But this Brake works awesome, and I was just wondering what could cause an inch off POI with the other Brakes, and whether anyone loads Varget any higher than 45gr.The book I have lists 45 as being the Top load with 175's, and most my factory Remmys like to be shot in the low vel range, but this one loves the 45gr of Varget.

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but what do you feel the long term results were and do you have any pics from the side of the brake so I could see how the brake to barrel fit is. Is it a big gap in size, because I believe the Barrel is a .875" barrel diameter, and the brake is a .850". I would love to see some more detailed pics.