• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision build under 2k with optics

joshua414

Private
Minuteman
May 12, 2012
Jasper, TN
I'm looking to build the most accurate and repeatable AR15 possible for under $2,000 including an optic. Basically I'm looking to spend around $1,400 on the rifle and $600 on the optic or so. My budget isn't necessarily fixed but I'm trying to be as conservative as possible. What are you guys suggestions on a parts build list OR store bought rifles. I'm wanting something similar to a SPR rifle so I'm only looking at 18" barrels with a rifle length gas system. I'm a big fan of Noveske, Rainier and Vltor parts as well. In a perfect world I would build a SPR Mk12 Mod 0 clone but I can't really justify the extra cost just for the "looks".

As far as optics go I'm planning to pick up something used off sniper's hide, probably a Vortex PST of some flavor but any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

As far as the rifle's usage goes it will primarily be used for bench shooting at the local gun range out to 300 yards and out across the soy beans fields up to 600+ yards. I may also take it hunting because I've always wanted to take an AR deer hunting but in general I have a bolt gun for that job so that's not at all a build requirement or consideration.

I'd go with a MK12 Mod 1 SPRish Build then. You can also wait to check out the new Daniel Defense MK12 Rifle that they'll be coming out with. It might be a better route to get a complete rifle especially from a High Quality Manufacture like Daniel Defense.

If you still want to part one together the barrel is the Most Import Part. There's a lot of good brands out there but I went with Walther Lother with mine and their Matching BCG too. I got the Weaver Grandslam Scope from Midway USA will Mil/Mil adjustments 3-10 with 1" tube. Great Glass and price too. Another option is SWFA scope as well.

Here's a picture of Mine. The rifle and scope together is right around $1,300 but that was BEFORE all the Craziness Last Year. Shoots about 1/2 MOA with 77 Gr Black Hills Pills.

24p04zs.jpg