• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes precision Q/D mount for 30mm scope

Plasmech

Private
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2009
I am thinking of going with a Q/D mount for my first build on the 40 X platform, with pic rail. My scope will be a Nightforce 8-32 x 56, so the whole setup will be half decent...certainly not an Accuracy International with S&B glass but decent enough to warrant the best Q/D mount money can buy, for not only repeatability after removal/reinstall but just plain robustness while on the 40 X as well.

What do you guys generally use when it comes to "higher end" scope Q/D mounting? Personally I like Larue, but currently they are not making a product that will work for me.

Thanks for any and all replies!

Re: precision Q/D mount for 30mm scope

Is QD an absolute requirement for you?
If so, I understand as I run with a LaRues on my AR-15s and do like them for that application.
For LR, I don't swap around (or standard AI or Badger or other mounts are fine for me).
I was impressed with LL's review of the Spuhr that you can find on the main Hide page. Looks like a very well thought out mount, feature-set, build quality, etc.

Personally, I don't see the need for QD on a bolt action rifle unless you are just planning on running different scopes on the same rifle (i.e. - switching between a dedicated NVS and your NF).

BUT...if you really want QD, I would recommend that you stick with a solid base (Badger Ord., NF, Seekins, etc.) with a built-in 20MOA cant and that you use Larue QD rings (the LT-719 or LT-123 rings depending on the height you need once you get your base installed). Here are the ring heights for both models:

LT-719 = 0.875” (0.285” Base to Bottom)
LT-123 = 1.29” (0.70” Base to Bottom)

The Spuhr is another option, but it isn't exactly a cheap one. You can get it in 30mm in a variety of configurations. Here is a link to the Spuhr site and check with Victor at TNVC (a site sponsor here) for more details if you are interested in ordering:

http://www.spuhr.com/

The Spuhr looks like a sweet setup, very "forward-looking" as well. Can they be purchased or at least are there prices online?

The reason I would like QD is for money saving reasons...at the current time, I don't have the funds to "Nightforce" my rifle collection, and I KNOW I am going to fall in love with that scope.

Sorry for the dumb question, but do people cant their scopes "up" or "down" when using angles pic rails or mounts with a few MOA built it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: k2peaker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is QD an absolute requirement for you?
If so, I understand as I run with a LaRues on my AR-15s and do like them for that application.
For LR, I don't swap around (or standard AI or Badger or other mounts are fine for me).
I was impressed with LL's review of the Spuhr that you can find on the main Hide page. Looks like a very well thought out mount, feature-set, build quality, etc.
</div></div>

I have LT-123's holding the NF on my MAK.

The reason I have QD rings is so I can remove the scope to shoot irons in XTC or LR/Palma matches, and put it back on for F-Class or coyote blasting.

I haven't had them long enough to offer an opinion yet, I need a couple of more months for that. Assuming they work as advertised, it'll be a nice compromise.

-Slice