• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Series

Re: Precision Rifle Series

I'd have to quit my job to get that far across the country to shoot three of those matches. Don't get me wrong, I did consider quitting, but those states are each at least a day away.

It would be hard to accommodate everyone due to geographic location. However this is exatly what the sport needs. Hope to be apart of this.

You don't have to shoot three matches. A win or 2 top 15% finishes are automatic qualifiers. I know either one of you are very capable of a win.

Dustin

This is not an exact science, but I would bet that many that enter and only shoot two matches will make the Finale. As noted, we will add a few more matches as they present themselves.
Special thanks to Rifles Only for believing in this Series enough to support it by hosting the Series Finale in place of the Bash.
I appreciate all the support I've gotten over the last several months from shooters, MD's, committee members and industry Sponsors.

I guess this would be as good a place as any to introduce myself.

Name's Bob, been lurking here for a couple of years, but this is my first post.

Been a member of NCPPRC for some time now. if you shot at TBRC or LR clinic you could see me (I'm the guy with the camera and flashes!). Very proud to be a member of that crew, and only missed one match this year =)

If you have technical issues with the Precision Rifle Series <span style="font-style: italic">website</span>, (or NCPPRC website, for that matter) feel free to send them my way.

Rich,

Looks good. Thanks for putting this together. This is a step in the right direction for our sport.

Mick

Jon and Graham, I am sure there are many with similar concerns and I understand.

I am counting on two things here.

First is that the rules as Rich and Dustin pointed out, do leave some avenues open for those that cannot make a lot of the comps. Technically, you could compete in every comp on the list and possibly still not earn a slot in the Finals depending on your finish.

Second,I am betting on a surge of new comps east of the Mississippi over the next 24 months. The P.R.S. was conceived as a mechanism to grow and evolve our art (sport). If it is successful, and I think it will be, there will be new clubs formed or existing ones altered to dovetail into this sport.

I think the Series is in good hands and they know that it will be stronger when represented by as many segments of the country as possible.

As with most such endeavors, I'm sure the Series will evolve quickly as it starts to grasp all the details and participation.

I look forward to supporting the PRS and all our friends.

Everybody have a safe week.
Terry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Terry Cross</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Technically, you could compete in every comp on the list and possibly still not earn a slot in the Finals depending on your finish.</div></div>

And that person, may or may not be me...
laugh.gif

For all of those involved, thanks for putting this together. I'm looking forward to participating.

Just wanted to make a separate note here too,
Part of our fund Raising for the Cash Payout will come from our Rifle Raffle:
With registration you will receive a FREE raffle ticket for a chance to WIN a <span style="font-weight: bold">SURGEON built rifle</span> in any short action caliber of your choice! (over $4,000 value)

******Members can buy additional raffle tickets for <span style="font-weight: bold">$20 each or 6 for $100.</span>
******Non-members can purchase raffle tickets for <span style="font-weight: bold">$25 each</span>.
Tickets will be mailed to you along with your membership packet and the <span style="text-decoration: underline">drawing will be held at Phoenix TPRC Match Feb. 19th 2012. </span>

Please buy as many Tickets as you can, skip out on Dinner once a week buy some tickets to show your support and I hope to make some lucky winner very Happy! Thanks Surgeon Rifles for your Support!
3-7-9.jpg

to buy tickets just send money here???

Precision Rifle Series
c/o Rich Emmons
P.O. Box 1851
Stephenville, TX 76401

great deal, thanks for putting this together

As has been mentioned earlier, this is a work in progress, and has to have a start somewhere.
I appears that a lot of effort and consideration has gone into the start of what may be something that will really grow.
If you enjoy our sport, support this, and I'm sure all imput is welcome.
Thanks to Rich and all involved.
Good Luck 2012 PRS Shooters!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">to buy tickets just send money here???

Precision Rifle Series
c/o Rich Emmons
P.O. Box 1851
Stephenville, TX 76401

great deal, thanks for putting this together

</div></div>
Yes Sir I will mail them to you

Rich put me down for 5 regular tickets and one winner. You can never have too many Surgeon rifles!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jason C.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rich put me down for 5 regular tickets and one winner. You can never have too many Surgeon rifles! </div></div>

I guess so. I just saw your new 260 at the shop the other day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pingvar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess this would be as good a place as any to introduce myself.

Name's Bob, been lurking here for a couple of years, but this is my first post.

Been a member of NCPPRC for some time now. if you shot at TBRC or LR clinic you could see me (I'm the guy with the camera and flashes!). Very proud to be a member of that crew, and only missed one match this year =)

If you have technical issues with the Precision Rifle Series <span style="font-style: italic">website</span>, (or NCPPRC website, for that matter) feel free to send them my way.

</div></div>

Nice work, as always, Bob. When are you going to get that mover simulator going???

I may have to sign up for this...

I hope this spreads to the eastcoast most of us can't go west several times in one year.
grin.gif

Rich how do you get into the series? Just send in $75?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rich how do you get into the series? Just send in $75?</div></div>

Please register first then send the fee, registration will open October 16th at 6pmPST
The website is set up to not show you the registration info until that time. After that time you register, receive login information, then complete your profile, once money is collected your profile will go active, and added features like shooter profile pic will be activated.
The site will be continually growing, I would like to make it a information hub for rifle competitions. With features like shooter's spotlight, other match events and results and industry news, etc. Etc.

Thanks for your support,
Rich

Rich, Your webpage states the registration is limited. Why is this? TIA

Quickdraw,

After further review the committee felt that with the limited number of matches we have at this time, we could not service all the folks that may be interested in this series.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">awesome!!!
Daily Bulletin </div></div>

Nice write up! Looks like it's getting a lot of publicity and will explode in popularity.

I'm planning on signing up for all the competitions, except for the Snipers Hide Cup if the date is April 15th or sooner. After that date I can get a pass from work, but not before. Keeping my fingers crossed for a date after the 15th.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Terry Cross</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I think the Series is in good hands and they know that it will be stronger when represented by as many segments of the country as possible.

As with most such endeavors, I'm sure the Series will evolve quickly as it starts to grasp all the details and participation.

I look forward to supporting the PRS and all our friends.

Everybody have a safe week.
Terry </div></div>

Thank you for the support Terry.

The PRS will evolve as it is not a perfect system. It is the best model this committee has come up with prior to the "go live" date. With several of us being match directors, we know that there is no such thing as a perfect match, or system. With that being said, there will be growing pains, and we will do our best to serve the folks that sign up for this series.

If there are any gripes, suggestions, and comments, please feel free to contact any one of the committee members. If we don't know it's broken, we can't fix it.

A big round of applause should be given to you Vu including Rich, Scott, Kevin, Dustin & Wade. All of you work hard behind the scenes to make this work and come up with a model that hopefully works well.

Not to mention the countless admin hours fielding questions from people and putting this together.

All that time you gentlemen spent takes time away from your family, reloading bench & trigger time at the range. So to all of you that have sacrificed your time and efforts..."THANK YOU"!!!!

Very nice write up.

Francis, thanks for the kind words, Rich and the others deserve so much more credit, they really have taken the ball and ran with it.

Good luck to everyone and hope to see you at the upcoming matches.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Quickdraw,

After further review the committee felt that with the limited number of matches we have at this time, we could not service all the folks that may be interested in this series.

Edited to add: all of us felt that taking a person's money knowing they have 0 chance in hell getting into 3 major matches is not the business model we want. The PRS will grow slowly, but we must build a solid foundation first. </div></div>

Registration will be on the website on the 16th? Can you tell us how this will work?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Registration will be on the website on the 16th? Can you tell us how this will work?</div></div>
If I understand your question right, just go to the Registration Page, AT 6pmPST/8pmCST----boxes will appear, fill in email, user name and password, Submit. confirmation email will redirect you to login complete registration info. put personal check in the mail monday and your done.
Any other pertintent info will be on that page.

Bob (Pingvar) has done a fantastic job putting this together and we've tested it to be very functial.
Some of the features like shooter profile pictures will be added later, We've decided to take a more professional approach and seek out professionals to take your mug shot at events in a proper setting. This will be a feat in it's self but I hope to have some volunteer help and professional help very soon.

Thanks Rich. One more question (for now): The end of year event..... Is that the Bash, or is it a side match at the Bash? Thank you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dustin Morris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is the bash.

Dustin </div></div>

So, the top 50 shooters in the series are guaranteed an entry to the Bash? TIA

Count me in! This is exactly what we need. It would be great if we could finalize some kind of scoring system that is consistent from one shoot to another. Just don't go uspsa type rules on us
smile.gif
kiss....

Send me some info on sponsor stuff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Count me in! This is exactly what we need. It would be great if we could finalize some kind of scoring system that is consistent from one shoot to another. Just don't go uspsa type rules on us
smile.gif
kiss....

Send me some info on sponsor stuff. </div></div>

Glen, one battle at a time. Trying to get a group of MDs to agree on a system would be like our government trying to balance the budget. LOL

This looks like a good deal Richard. Should bring out the finest shooters including ME!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes QuickDraw, RO Bash is exclusively the PRS Finale.
Thanks Heatseekins, I know what ur saying
whistle.gif
</div></div>

Thx.