• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Series

Re: Precision Rifle Series

I hear ya Vu
smile.gif

Any plans on making any of the Washington/Oregon shoots part of it?

Glen,

At this time, I do not believe so. However things are changing daily and we are trying to find as many qualifying venues as possible.

The goal is to truly make PRS a national circut.

Vu

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Any plans on making any of the Washington/Oregon shoots part of it? </div></div>
short answer is yes. Oregon isn't happening until 2013 from what i read. when I learn more from Washington, it will be considered.

I registered, I will send in money in the morning and then wait to hear if I made it in!

I hope lots of people sign up.... I'd really like to see this grow!

Registered...payment is going out tomorrow. This is a great idea, and I hope there is plenty of participation.

Good job on the website too. VERY easy to get registration in.

signed up, got email requesting payment. checks in the mail monday am. hope that means i made it in.

Yes, if you received the Welcome email it confirms your registration, pending the receipt of membership dues.

The confirmation email you received is short and sweet, and should answer most questions: when the payment should be received by, how to update your profile, etc.

Once your payment is processed, you will receive another email, your membership will be activated, and your profile will appear in the Shooter Profile section of the website.

PRS is in full Swing.
Let's just say California came on strong, I think these guys mean business!
Bob and I will be putting alot of things together for the website over following weeks. I look forward in working with all ya'll to bring the best we can to our competitions and sport.

Please buy a Surgeon Rifle Raffle Ticket, This will be a huge fundraiser for the Finale. Drawing is at TPRC 2012.
MD's or anybody who wants to I will be sending you out tickets this week so we can start selling locally too.

Major Sponsors, already have stepped up. GA Precision will be presenting the Points Winner a special engraved Rifle, Surgeon Rifles has committed to a Rifle in addition to the Raffle, Vortex Optics has alot of things in the works. Specialized Dynamics is coming up huge, and that is just to name a few. I will have more details on the Website soon. We are working to get a Stage Sponsor for every PRS event to present $500 Sponsored billboard type check to that Stage Winner (PRS Shooter).

Thanks guys for showing your support!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PRS is in full Swing.
Let's just say California came on strong, I think these guys mean business!</div></div>

You can say that again!

Better optics, newly designed custom 6.5mm cartridges (faster and more accurate), practice regiment, etc. I can already hear a fat lady singing in the distance!

Thanks again Rich for all your hard work behind the scenes and everybody else that has a helping hand in the PRS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Animal</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PRS is in full Swing.
Let's just say California came on strong, I think these guys mean business!</div></div>

You can say that again!

Better optics, newly designed custom 6.5mm cartridges (faster and more accurate), practice regiment, etc. I can already hear a fat lady singing in the distance!

Thanks again Rich for all your hard work behind the scenes and everybody else that has a helping hand in the PRS. </div></div>

The fat lady you hear is one of your congress women bitching and moaning about firearms in the state of Califonia!!!!!

[/quote]The fat lady you hear is one of your congress women bitching and moaning about firearms in the state of Califonia!!!!! [/quote]

Myself, friends and anybody that we compete with is not going to disagree with you 1% but let's stay away from the political route because we don't want to get booted from the forum.

You'll just be preaching to the choir.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Animal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[/quote]The fat lady you hear is one of your congress women bitching and moaning about firearms in the state of Califonia!!!!! </div></div>

Myself, friends and anybody that we compete with is not going to disagree with you 1% but let's stay away from the political route because we don't want to get booted from the forum.

You'll just be preaching to the choir. [/quote]

Oh how well I know, the door was left wide open and couldn't help myself.

I look forward to shooting this series. Rich has been working hard on this for longer than most know...

Mick

Signed up this morning but just went to try and log in and it's not letting me. Any reason?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Signed up this morning but just went to try and log in and it's not letting me. Any reason?</div></div> Not sure? I just logged on and didn't see anything wrong, I'll see what i can figure out.
Just fyi guys, the URL for picture is not necessary but just put something in the space to complete the profile, I working on getting professional profile pics at upcoming events. Depending on your pictures we gather or you send us we may use that later for shooter highlights, articles. etc.
and use your real name or known name not (Travis "Beat Rich" Case) or those kinda funny jokes that can never ever ever be TRUE!

Tried again and still no go. The screen comes up asking for name and password. I type them in and the password screen goes away for a second then pops right back up empty again.

I have the email saying you got my registration. Not sure whats going on.

yeah mick remember i beat you at CKA's match. remember you went duck hunting or whatever they call it AD!!! and yes rich beat you too!!!!

Pretty excited about this series hope to achieve some higher goals for our matches and participants glad to be a part of it. Thenks to Rich and many many others and i hope to see everyone at the matches good luck to all!!

Signed up last night and put my check in the mail today. As I said before talk to Rich at great length about this and I am glad he got this off the ground. Thanks Rich.

Now let's get back on topic.
cool.gif

Rich, I just signed up and would like to say, I hope I can make one or two matches being so far away.

But I think what you are doing is great and would like to offer my support, hoping this takes off, and grows to the upper midwest as well. (Thunder Valley in Ohio??)

Best of luck my friend.

Just so everyone knows where it says "user name" on the log in screen you have to put your email and not your actual name you put on the registration. Hopefully I'm not the only idiot LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim See</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rich, I just signed up and would like to say, I hope I can make one or two matches being so far away.

But I think what you are doing is great and would like to offer my support, hoping this takes off, and grows to the upper midwest as well. (Thunder Valley in Ohio??)

Best of luck my friend.</div></div>

Thanks Jim that says alot. I appreciate your dedication.
And I would love to see it grow north and east as well.
Match Directors that are interested for this season or next. Please send an email to [email protected]
We want to continue to grow with the best individual matches all across the Nation.
thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just so everyone knows where it says "user name" on the log in screen you have to put your email and not your actual name you put on the registration. Hopefully I'm not the only idiot LOL </div></div>

Umm, no. I can tell you that you aren't the only idiot.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Animal</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PRS is in full Swing.

You can say that again!

Thanks again Rich for all your hard work behind the scenes and everybody else that has a helping hand in the PRS. </div></div>

I already paid a voodoo lady to kill a chicken in your honor.....

but yes, thanks for the efforts both from Rich and for all the others involved in keeping this the best it can be!

PRS sounds like a great concept put up to challenge some fantastic competitors in the precision rifle sport. Thanks to Rich, Vu, Scott, Kevin, Dustin & Wade for stepping up and leading the charge on this series. Hopefully this will grow the sport and bring even more marksmen to this exciting (and humbling) style of rifle shooting.

Looking forward to shooting with you guys over the 2012 season ... hopefully I'll be able to get my 3 matches in with the work schedule!

Bear

So for anyone that qualifies for the championship at the end of 2012. Being thats a invite only and you earned a spot for the championship will the shooters earn a free spot to shoot that match or is their a entry fee for that match as well?

I would hope that it is free being you paid to join the series as well as qualified for and earned the spot.

Its like 3 gun nation your earned your spot for the shoot out and now you are competing for all the marbles!

Yes, I also think that they should give a Complete " sniperhide special edition Data book" for all the shooters that qualified.... LOL....LOl...

Sure thing we can bump entry for the PRS series to $110 bucks a shooter and i will make it happen
smile.gif

I don't have a problem paying to play in the finale if I get in. That will just mean that we are competing for a larger prize instead of having to cover expenses.

I'm working on getting singed up and plan to enter to win the rifle! Maybe I'll get lucky! Great thing these guys are doing!

I think this is a great idea

Great work to all those you stepped up and got this up and running.

I am sure we will see more matches added over the years that will allow everyone a chance to particpate. Or maybe even we will see more new matches start up in different areas of the country to fill the void.

either way this is positive for the sport

due to distance i will not be able to partipicate but i will buy some raffle tickets to help the cause

I just registered yesterday.... I booked it as a plus to the wife. I get to shoot, and she gets to travel the country with me. She was happy to see the match in Nevada.... I just hope it close to the bright lights ;j

I really hate that there are shooters that don't have the availability and budget to be a part of the series, and hell the sport in general. We all know how much this sport costs, no matter how you look at it.

Allow the individuals who can be a part of this to enjoy it. Those who can't be a part of this, just be patient, the intent of the series was futuristic in design and growth oriented.

Let's be realistic and optimistic.

I hope everyone reads what I post and don't just stare at her.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Match Directors that are interested for this season or next. <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #009900">Please send an email to [email protected]</span></span>
We want to continue to grow with the best individual matches all across the Nation.
thanks.
</div></div>
Again I don't think I can say it enough^^^^^^^^^^.
I have been and will be working to get this to expand. IMHO the success in the Series lies in choosing the best matches that draw the best shooters. I'm very excited about some future East match possibilities as well as others that could be a great addition to the Series. We will see.
thanks guys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Match Directors that are interested for this season or next. <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #009900">Please send an email to [email protected]</span></span>
thanks.
</div></div>
Again I don't think I can say it enough^^^^^^^^^^.
I have been and will be working to get this to expand. IMHO the success in the Series lies in choosing the best matches that draw the best shooters. I'm very excited about some future East match possibilities as well as others that could be a great addition to the Series. We will see.
thanks guys. </div></div>

I sent an email yesterday with some exploratory questions.

As far as I can tell, there is nothing imposed on the MD's about the actual content or conduct of the match.

And speaking for our matches, I forgot to ask if at my discretion some can be included in the PRS (higher difficulty like the last one), and some can be left out (beginner focused ones).

I await the answers. If there doesn't appear to be a down side from our perspective, we will play and see how it goes.

--Fargo007

What about entry to PRS matches,will preference be shown for PRS members over other shooters? Entry fee would be a cheap price for a guaranteed entry into all those matches, but I would hate to need one more finish to qualify and cant get in a match?

John,

For this first year, no. We have not worked it out with the MDs so that PRS shooters will get perference at this time.

Since PRS only kicked up a few months ago, a lot of MDs already had things planned and in the works prior to PRS.

AZ would be an example. I am sure Scott had things planned prior to PRS being in the picture.

Even though NorCal TBRC is a lil less than a year out, I already have folks on my invite list for that event.

If PRS takes off, who knows. Maybe we can get several MDs to go PRS Members only. Only time will tell.

I'd be willing to make the 2013 TBRC (if there is one) a PRS only event if that helps more qualify for the grand finale.

from the website:

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"><span style="text-decoration: underline">All Finale-qualified shooters who earn a spot to the Finale will receive a reserved slot for the 2013 PRS season.
Because of the over-demand to shoot the scheduled events the PRS is currently negotiating with Match Directors to allow "first preference entry" of 2013 events to the top 25 ranked PRS shooters of 2012. Ultimately, this is the match directors' choice, but having a limited performance-based entry system in place that rewards proven shooters is the goal</span>.</span>
and to add to that---- it also leaves room for new shooters or non PRS shooters.
It's a work in progress and totally up to the Match Directors, It would be quite an achievement and personally I would reward a Top 25 ranked shooter a slot into my match. rather than sit around at a computer and wait till precisely 6:00 to hit enter and hope i get a confirmation.

Just signed up and can't wait.

Look forward to seeing you guys (and gals) on the line!

I'm really excited about the Series and appreciate all the work the organizers have done to make it a reality.

Let the shoosting begin!

93 talented shooters registered as of right now! And huge pile of checks processed today!
Whoever registers #100 I'm buying YOU 6 Raffle Tickets for a Surgeon built rifle for $100.00.
(and no do not register again under another email.)

I for one think this is the best thing that could happen to our sport. Look what the 3 gun nation has done for 3 gun shoots! Would it be all that bad if you did have to be a PRS member to shoot some of the best shoots that are put on? If someone doesn't grow this sport eventually there wont be any shoots for anyone to go to.

There is no way you can make everyone happy all the time, thats for sure. I hate all of the USPSA rules, but im a member and im happy to be part of it and attend the shoots.