• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifles.....show em!!

20181226_105151.jpg
BIG Horn Origin Proof 7mm-08

How are you liking the Steiner M7xi?

Really like it so far. Haven’t had much time with it yet but initial impressions are very good.

Main thing is that it’s significantly improved in certain areas (namely glass/IQ) over the M5Xi while retaining some of the really good features that the original Military line had (turrets & tracking, eye box/relief/FOV, and overall ruggedness). The new MSR2 reticle is really a step up from the original as well.

Overall, would highly recommend giving one a try if you’re able to.

Nice. Where do you get the material to pad the cheek riser?
Believe it or not , I used some craft store self adhesive felt then had our seamstress cover it with some fabric that our department uses. I cant take credit for it ,it all goes to Emma our seamstress . I just had the initial idea . I did notice that it slid a bit on the stock itself so I have now changed it out with the Wiebad cheek riser pad .

Reactions: Blackfoot 7
Currently have a Bergara LRP 6.5 Creedmoor, Area419 hellfire, atlas bipod, Spuhr mount holding a Vortex Razor GenII 4.5-27 with Aadmount caps.

Looking for some ideas for my new build. Thinking a GAP Tempest action, Proof Carbon Barrel, Manners PRS-1 Stock... We'll see.

APRS 6x47 Lapua
Defiance Deviant Tactical (Nitride)
Cadex Field Competition
Triggertech Diamond
NF ATACR 5-25 F1 Tremor3
Spuhr SP-4602
Bartlein 26" #9HV 1:7.5
Area 419 Hellfire
Atlas CAL Gen 1
HopticUSA Saddle Blanket

View attachment 7025479
View attachment 7025480
Only great things to say about this build. Everything is top rate and excellent photography as well.

Very similar to my build on order, JesseB81.

6BR, MPA Competition Chassis (Blue), no WTO SL after speaking with Phil, MPA weight tuning kit, TT Diamond, Athlon ETR, ARC rings and Evo Bipod.

6.5 Creedmoor
Curtis Axiom with WTO Switchlug
Benchmark barrel heavy palma finished at 24"
Manners T4a Elite w/ mini chassis
Area 419 Hellfire brake
Trigger Tech Diamond
Vortex PSTII 5x25 when my Spuhr finally arrives
Atlas PSR BT46-LW17
Also cant wait to shoot it.

Found the stock in the Accessories PX
Seller said it came from Core, but I can't find anything on it.
There's a red strand woven in, looks like mylar or tinsel (probably the same thing ha)
I've never seen anything like it. It varies from invisible to bright red pop depending on the light angle, it's wild!

Found the stock in the Accessories PX
Seller said it came from Core, but I can't find anything on it.
There's a red strand woven in, looks like mylar or tinsel (probably the same thing ha)
I've never seen anything like it. It varies from invisible to bright red pop depending on the light angle, it's wild!View attachment 7036640
That's wicked! Gonna have to remember to ask Manners next time I order a stock!!

Something about this rifle sitting on the counter makes me want to take pictures of it and show it off.
It's a F/N SPR I machined true and opened the threads to 1.062-18tpi.
Benchmark 6mm 7.5 twist Palma contour barrel chambered in my own proprietary cartridge I call the "243 CUTRIGHT" and finished at 26".
McMillan A4 stock, pillar bedded in Marine-Tex.
Accuracy International muzzle brake.
PT&G Bottom Metal with a double stack 10rd MDT magazine. (No binder plate, it's throated long.)
I mixed some SOCOM Blue and Armor Black in with Titanium Cerakote to give it a little something unique to go along with that black stock I picked up at Midwest GW.
Nightforce 8-32 NXS in Ultralite rings on a 20 moa picatinny base.
I earned most of my IBS long range points with this cartridge and 115 dtac's, I can't wait to play with this rig in PRS or MOST matches.
A few pics of the operation performed on it.

How do you like the Athlon area etr?
The clarity is better then my VX3i LRP, the turrets are perfect, TONs of elevation available, I really like the illumination on the reticle for the dark 1000 yard targets where I shoot. I thought it would be a waste honestly but damn I like it.

Reactions: Justin30hate
All you's guys and your fancy shmancy rifffles.

Got you all beat!! OD Green Rattle-can paint for the win!

Gen 1 RPR 6.5 Creedmoor (got it during the initial release/backorder LoL)
Proof SS M24, 24" barrel (sub 1/2 MOA w/ 147 ELDm's)
APA Little Bastard (loud bastard)
JP Rifles 34mm mount (rock solid)
Bushnell HDMR (H59 Reticle)
GG&G Bipod (love it)
Anarchy Outdoors vertical pistol grip (left handed)

Every time I see a thread like this one, or AR's or handguns, etc, titled "Show 'em", 4 words come to mind... "No way in hell".

Update, has a brake now.
Remington 700 PCR
  • .308 WIN
  • Burris XTR II 5-25x50mm SCR-MIL Reticle
  • Burris XTR Signature Rings set at 30 MOA
  • Harris 9-13 Notched Swivel Bipod
  • Area 419 Hellfire Brake
  • SC-Ghillie Rifle Wrap
  • Some Cheek Pad off Ebay

The owner of that company is a complete clown, I do not support his business. He's done a lot of stuff to steer the precision rifle community in Canada in the wrong direction.
Hows he done that?

Hows he done that?

Too much little things to get into here. My biggest pet peeve is him trying to tell the Canadian precision rifle community that the Rem783 is the only real budget PRS rifle available - pretty laughable when the budget precision rifle options have exploded in the past 2 years.

So now all these Canadians getting into PRS are getting rem783's and Jerry rigging them up so that they can accept mags and what not so that they can "shoot PRS". It's pretty sad.

He paints himself as a PRS expert yet he's never shot a PRS match in his life. He's an F-class shooter that owns a retail shop that sells barrels, components and works with an associated garage gunsmith, and is trying to cash in on the PRS craze.

Too much little things to get into here. My biggest pet peeve is him trying to tell the Canadian precision rifle community that the Rem783 is the only real budget PRS rifle available - pretty laughable when the budget precision rifle options have exploded in the past 2 years.

So now all these Canadians getting into PRS are getting rem783's and Jerry rigging them up so that they can accept mags and what not so that they can "shoot PRS". It's pretty sad.

He paints himself as a PRS expert yet he's never shot a PRS match in his life. He's an F-class shooter that owns a retail shop that sells barrels, components and works with an associated garage gunsmith, and is trying to cash in on the PRS craze.
Soooo, hes like everyone else in the "shooting community"....lol

Got this together today..

6.5 Creedmore
Impact 737 RH/SA
26” 1:8 Bartlien Heavy Palma Chambered and Threaded by Altus (AKA Core)
Insight Arms Heathen Muzzle Brake
Trigger Tech Diamond with Flat Shoe
MPA Comp Chasis in Tungsten
Spuhr SR-4000 34mm Rings
Khales K624I
Atlas CAL Bipod
17.2lbs

Ready for sight in. Maybe I'll sit still and enjoy this one awhile rather than jumping to just one more to fill the gap between calibers.

Reactions: geek65
Kelbly Kodiak AL Action
KTS Stock
6BR 26" Krieger Barrel
Berger 105 VV N140 Lpaua Brass
Burris XTR3
Hawkins Rings
Ckye-Pod with PRS legs
Warhorse COmmanche bag

Reactions: AMP!
260, 6.5 or 308?

By the way, love the PCR!!!
Thanks Scalee.
I jumped on the bandwagon after shooting a friend's, and opted for the 6.5 millenial, I mean 6.5 man bun, er creedmoor. After so much poking fun, I've now joined the ranks and thought I'd feel sheepish. Not so. 4 rounds to sight in, 2 rounds hitting the 400 yard target, then 3 misses to read wind, followed by 3 consecutive hits on the 1000yard target with son there laughing at me.
I shot a pcr last year and loved everything about it with exception of the handgrip. Easy fix as they fit AR15 furniture. A bcm gunfighter mod 2, and I was set. I almost canceled my order and wernt for the 308, but I already have a "few" 308's and was ready to see what the 6.5 was all about.
So far, pleased, and excited to see how far this will push. I feel the creedmoor will be just like my 25-06. Some love them (I love my Tikka 25-06), some think they're barbie boobs- pointless unless they're a 300 Norma mag (love my 300norma also).
If nothing else, it will be a fun gun to excite young shooters to get into the sickness- I mean hobby.