• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifles.....show em!!

I wish my Marlin 30-30 would group like that! Nice!
This might sound harsh, but I also learned it the hard way... Stop shooting outdated crap ammo, and try some Hornady LeverEvolution. It made his old .30-30 shoot amazing, as well. I still have tons of old roundnose Remington 150gr corelokts and old Winchester silver tip roundnose 150gr in plastic ziplock bags that were so old the boxes fell apart. I honestly don't think dad bought .30-30 ammo after the 1980's. 😂 That crap shot minute-of-softball...It was terrible. After testing it with LeverEvoltion it went from a 100 yard deer rifle, to easily being capable of taking a deer at 300 yards. After testing that first box, I remember going back to the store and buying about 8 more boxes of it. Still have all of it, as he never even shot that gun beyond the 1990's, because he loved that .444 Marlin so much. The .30-30 just sat in the safe...I was the only one who shot it. I'll test it next, and post up some groups. It's been well over 10 years since I shot it...It's overdue. 👍🏼

Reactions: Modoc and fxdrider
IMG-3362.jpg

IMG-3355.jpg

IMG-3357.JPG

Last edited:
Is the action titanium?
Weight?
Impact 737 action
Hardy Carbon Barrel 21" 6mm CM
Hnt 26 Chassis

Weight without scope is 7lb 9 oz

A guy could go lighter with a Titanium or more light weight action but it feeds AW mags so well I don't want to touch it haha

That and this weight with scope is perfect for me for deer and coyotes

Another pic of the blue “camo” from AG composites for attention. Does anyone have any recommendations for the Howa .308 20” barreled action I have? I see a lot of the KRG Bravo and the Oryx chassis. Anything else I could look at? Thanks!

Other rifle is a Ruger American in 6.5 in a heatseeker chassis. Deadair nomad L makes it near movie quiet.

Attachments

• 62EAEFC0-76A1-4EFB-8256-6E5ABD13FD10.jpeg
    62EAEFC0-76A1-4EFB-8256-6E5ABD13FD10.jpeg
    290.6 KB · Views: 195
Reactions: Sigmanx
Another pic of the blue “camo” from AG composites for attention. Does anyone have any recommendations for the Howa .308 20” barreled action I have? I see a lot of the KRG Bravo and the Oryx chassis. Anything else I could look at? Thanks!

Other rifle is a Ruger American in 6.5 in a heatseeker chassis. Deadair nomad L makes it near movie quiet.
That Howa would look nice in a Boyd’s stock if they’re still as nice as they were when I had my 1903.

Reactions: christiant94
Due to the ATF screwing everyone with eForms right now, pushing them WAAAAY beyond the original 90 day [typical empty government] promise… My new Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen-L, which is going to be my dedicated hunting rifle can, looks like it will be quite a while before It gets approved. Probably after deer season, knowing my luck. 🙄

So… I decided to snatch the heavy KeyMo setup off my Nomad-LT, and put my spare ultralight Otter Creek ZR0-DTA titanium DT mount on it, and I’ll probably end up using it this season.

Looks pretty good on the new Ridgeline .280 Ackley… Pretty damn lightweight, too. Definitely packable. OAL with the 24” barrel is 52” from the floor to the end of the can, so it’s a longboi for sure…. But if you needed to, you could just wait to screw the can on once you’re in the stand. The OCL ZR0-DTA mount only adds 1/16” to the length of your suppressor, just enough to have a thick enough flange to mount securely and strongly to the back of the can, and recesses the barrel threads up inside the blast chamber for virtually zero extra length.

A731E9CE-6FD9-4B5E-BB88-9986FCF3D62E.jpeg
B4ED9C25-5E48-479C-9423-098179C9A72B.jpeg
43720772-8697-460E-98CF-EB0A7C5B951F.jpeg
3CA560B4-B4DD-4E3E-B38E-0AE53534244D.jpeg

Reactions: Longshot231
Shot 25 more rounds, and a 3-shot group today with the Nomad-LT on there. POI shift from my previous zero with the Hydro-L and ZR0-DTA, and my Nomad-LT with a ZR0-DTA, was only 0.3 MILs low, and dead-on left & right. So, not bad at all. Kind of impressive, actually.

Not the best group for me, but for a strictly hunting rifle, I’d consider it very acceptable.

Here’s the group.

01B79D97-F448-429F-A39B-CCDE06FB1CFD.jpeg

Reactions: Sigmanx
I have finally acquired my first bolt gun, and I went with a name which I haven’t seen get as much love here when compared to the likes of Ruger, Tikka or AI.

UP-10 (1).jpg

Uintah Precision UP-10, 308 Win., 22” barrel with 1:10 twist
Area 419 Hellfire 2P Muzzle Brake
Magpul M-LOK QD Sling Mount
Magpul M-LOK Aluminum Rail, 9 Slots
Atlas BT46-LW17 PSR Bipod
F3R Machine 1.5” height, 34 mm, 0 MOA Scope Mount
Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56
Catalyst Arms Hammerhead Bolt Knob
Magpul PRS Gen 3 Buttstock
Magpul QDM Quick Disconnect Sling Mounts
Magpul RLS Sling

Uintah Precision’s gain… Ashbury Precision Ordinance’s loss!
OOPS…did I just say that? Sorry…not sorry.

Some days I amaze myself. Sure, plenty of folks here can make this but for me, with the pressure on, in front of witnesses…..

Normally I don’t hang my silhouette target closer than 500 yards. Even there just shooting at it all but seems a chip shot. But today, Both our son, Will iII and Brenda wanted to shoot some iron sighted rifles, so, being a hardened target, we set it up and they blasted away. I was doing some spotting for them with my MPA/Leupold. All the time, I was looking at this mounting hole, some thing not regularly seen at 500 yards or more. But at 100 yards, it just kept staring back at me……

So, I gave it a try. At this range, the max distance is 300 yards, so I normally just set the scope at that distance and give it a go. That said, my first two shots hit the head. I noticed the scope was set for 300 yards, so, I adjusted appropriately, took slow careful aim and trigger press, and put the bullet through the hole. Hole measures 0.525 of an inch.

Shooting a tight group is not that big of an issue, but the pressure was on, had to hit exactly where I wanted.

The shot let go, and directly behind the target, a big puff of dirt rose up.

Rifle; MPA Pro BA, Leupold MK 5 5-25, Leupold Rings, 6.5 Creedmoor, 130 grain Berger VLD, Superformance Powder, CCI BR4 primer.

Look carefully at the picture and you can see where the bullet grazed the bottom of the hole.

BDA00457-C8B8-4087-9414-A90B75EECB01.jpeg

This was my second custom rifle. Built back in the early to mid ‘80’s when Mauser actions were very economical for the base of a custom build.

‘98 Mauser Argentine action, modified to cock on close
Tiimminy Trigger
Model 70 style bolt safety modification
24” Shillen 1:12 22-250 Remington

F0C41CA0-294E-495B-A9ED-F65D585B1B93.jpeg
F426C11D-75F3-4E7A-94FF-BC50B256E8BC.jpeg

I just finished a round robin of Optics between several rifles.

Future goals are a better Scope and Base.

Yes, those are the Ring Manufacturers directions that I was following, especially for torquing all of the fasteners.

Last edited:
I was tired at looking the the .308 Rem 783 in my safe and decided to throw something together. The gun was gift, and honestly it wasn't a bad shooting rifle, aside from the crappy barrel, and completely useless stock. So I stripped it down, and figured I build a low cost precision platform. A 783 woudn't be my first choice for the action, but it was free, and honestly, the brand new 700 varmint my nephew just bought isn't much better as far as the stock goes.

I had bought barrels in the past from Prefered Barrel Blanks with great results, and so I ended up ordering a Stainless 24" Full Bull profile with a 5R 1-10 twist, as well as a .308 match chamber. Then when for a matte finish, and opted for a threaded matching Brake.

Then i shipped off my action and for a minimal charge they removed and reinstalled the new barrel and ensured the headspacing was correct, and shipped it back ready to go. I had already purchased an MDT XRS Chassis that I grabbed on sale for $375 vs the regular $550. Anyone looking for a chassis shoud really take a look at the XRS, as the quality is really good.

The action scews are not removable so you won't lose them and i literally dropped the new barreled action in and tightend and Torqued in less than 30 seconds. The fit was so perfect that i didn't even have to line up the screw, as they aligned pefectly with the threads and that was that. It also came with two different grips, and is setup to use standard AICS Box Magazines of which I purchased two 10 round versions.

Next I installed a 20 MOA Leupold pic rail, and mounted a Vortex Venom 5-25x50 Scope I grabbed off Ebay for only $315 after winning a no reserve auction. And it was new in the box. Unfortnatley its in MOA, which theres' nothing wrong with, its just I prefer MRAD.

I retained the factory adjustable 783 trigger and managed to get it down to right around to a 2lb pull. and there you have it. Now I just need to see how it shoots, which i'm planning on doing tomorrow. Lastly its a real tank, and loaded its just shy of 18 pounds. There are a dozen articles on the accuracy of the stock 783 despite is cheap components, but i can't imagine the results in its new form will be any less than stellar.

Attachments

• IMG_0979.jpg
    IMG_0979.jpg
    469 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0980.jpg
    IMG_0980.jpg
    424.3 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0981.jpg
    IMG_0981.jpg
    468.7 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0982-1.jpg
    IMG_0982-1.jpg
    913 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0983-1.jpg
    IMG_0983-1.jpg
    558.9 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0978.jpg
    IMG_0978.jpg
    424 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0977.jpg
    IMG_0977.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0976-1.jpg
    IMG_0976-1.jpg
    564.9 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0975-1.jpg
    IMG_0975-1.jpg
    450.7 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0973.jpg
    IMG_0973.jpg
    871.7 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0972.jpg
    IMG_0972.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0970-1.jpg
    IMG_0970-1.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 144
I was tired at looking the the .308 Rem 783 in my safe and decided to throw something together. The gun was gift, and honestly it wasn't a bad shooting rifle, aside from the crappy barrel, and completely useless stock. So I stripped it down, and figured I build a low cost precision platform. A 783 woudn't be my first choice for the action, but it was free, and honestly, the brand new 700 varmint my nephew just bought isn't much better as far as the stock goes.

I had bought barrels in the past from Prefered Barrel Blanks with great results, and so I ended up ordering a Stainless 24" Full Bull profile with a 5R 1-10 twist, as well as a .308 match chamber. Then when for a matte finish, and opted for a threaded matching Brake.

Then i shipped off my action and for a minimal charge they removed and reinstalled the new barrel and ensured the headspacing was correct, and shipped it back ready to go. I had already purchased an MDT XRS Chassis that I grabbed on sale for $375 vs the regular $550. Anyone looking for a chassis shoud really take a look at the XRS, as the quality is really good.

The action scews are not removable so you won't lose them and i literally dropped the new barreled action in and tightend and Torqued in less than 30 seconds. The fit was so perfect that i didn't even have to line up the screw, as they aligned pefectly with the threads and that was that. It also came with two different grips, and is setup to use standard AICS Box Magazines of which I purchased two 10 round versions.

Next I installed a 20 MOA Leupold pic rail, and mounted a Vortex Venom 5-25x50 Scope I grabbed off Ebay for only $315 after winning a no reserve auction. And it was new in the box. Unfortnatley its in MOA, which theres' nothing wrong with, its just I prefer MRAD.

I retained the factory adjustable 783 trigger and managed to get it down to right around to a 2lb pull. and there you have it. Now I just need to see how it shoots, which i'm planning on doing tomorrow. Lastly its a real tank, and loaded its just shy of 18 pounds. There are a dozen articles on the accuracy of the stock 783 despite is cheap components, but i can't imagine the results in its new form will be any less than stellar.
Looks like a nice build!

Reactions: Paradox
New glass on the Ridgeline… Midway was running a 1 time only sale for $749 ($1,199 MSRP) on the Zeiss Conquest V4 6-24x50 ZMOA-1 scopes. They’re built in Japan with top-tier Japanese ELD glass. This thing is CLEAR! Exactly how I expected it to be.

I have some older German glass Zeiss Conquest MC scopes, and a Kahles on my main hunting rifle, and I can honestly say I think this scope is going to be a winner. 👍🏼 I haven’t looked through it outside yet, but inside it was bright and clear. I will be zeroing it this weekend.

I’m running it on a 20MOA Christensen Arms rail, and a set of Seekins Precision Low 0.82” 30mm rings. With this setup, from my previous zero (used my old scope's zero for boresighting before removal, so should be really close), I have 74 MOA of elevation adjustment from zero... The scope only comes with 80 to begin with (40 up, 40 down from true scope zero). So that means it's nearly a perfect setup, and retains nearly every bit of elevation travel available in the optic. It might end up staying on there. I was originally planning on swapping it onto my custom browning A-Bolt II 7 RemMag, and then putting a Zeiss LRP S3 6-36x56 MRAD scope on the Ridgeline, but I might just keep it as-is, for a SUPER lightweight hunting rig, that's also capable for LR.

46658BDE-DA93-4D5D-8D0C-3D99ED37FA8F.jpeg
DD8498D0-37EE-401B-8CE5-00D7C6B6B4D3.jpeg
308E5C5A-047B-4194-96AB-8419F71BB2C4.jpeg
871EBB4B-77E2-40F8-8A83-144BF54D9100.jpeg

Last edited:
I thought I had more pictures of this...
Bergara b-14 hmr in 6.5
Nomad ti
Vortext lht

Current longest shot 388 on a 2x2 diamond, 4/5 Wish I had easy access to someplace with longer ranges near me.

Best group at 200 using factory hornady 147 eldm shot off the bipod.

Go ahead and make fun of me being poor
signal-2022-09-20-18-07-16-324.jpg

Screenshot_20221129-110043_Range Buddy.jpg

Last edited:
xytO867.jpeg

xzsbHT6.jpeg

XciqlQ6.jpeg

Top to bottom:
Mk15 Mod 1
Remington PSR
Mk13 Mod 7 (USMC)
Mk13 Mod 7 (SOCOM)
Mk13 Mod 5 (Stiller)
Mk13 Mod 5 (Remington)
Mk13 Mod 2
M40A5
M40A3
M40A3 (MARSOC)
M40A6
Remington CSR
IBA XM3

These are just the modern bolt action rifles I have, I'm still working on more Mk13's and M40xx's to add to the pile
Not as fancy as @USMCSGT0331 ’s, but at least I’m consistent with the fixed 10X scopes. 😉
CFB6D6ED-0138-4F84-8FC0-831600287CAF.jpeg

I need to get pics up of my Rem 783 build. I went with an Xcalibur M24 contour barrel in 6.5CM, and put the action in one of the last XLR chassis that XLR will probably ever make.

8004D01D-5C94-4199-AE2E-71D9E158FF9E.jpeg

93847A65-8AD2-4A48-BCA4-4FA58E4B7FF3.jpeg

Do-all bolt gun
2000s Remington 700 ADL varmint .308
KRG Bravo chassis
Spuhr ISMS QDP mount 1.35”
Nightforce NX8 4-32 Mil XT
KRG INVR
KRG BRAVO tail hook
TPS 20 MOA base
KRG bolt lift SV
Harris 6” bipod
BCM Slim QD sling mount
TAB GEAR rifle sling
KRG QD Mount bucket
Wiebad Mini stock pad
Short Action Precision bullet saddle
FAEF5B94-49F6-444E-A0DE-22B7D6F6D89E.jpeg

Last edited:
Savage 110 Elite
30 Sherman Magnum
250gr A-Tip going 2946 fps
31 in Bartlein Left Hand Gain Twist Barrel

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221209_125653_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221209_125653_Gallery.jpg
    357.5 KB · Views: 108
Precision enough for me, for now...

- Howa 1500 in .308 Winchester
- MDT ACC Chassis
- MDT 20 MOA Picatinny Scope Base
- Leupold Mark 4 30mm Super High Aluminum Rings
- Meopta Optika6 3-18x50mm MRAD1 Reticle
- Magpul CTR Stock / Cheek Riser / HVAC Tape Tightened
- Urbanrifleman LLC Bag Rider
- 4AW Muzzle brake 3 port (5/8x24 thread)
- Colorado Precision Rifle Sling

image0.jpeg

Precision enough for me, for now...

- Howa 1500 in .308 Winchester
- MDT ACC Chassis
- MDT 20 MOA Picatinny Scope Base
- Leupold Mark 4 30mm Super High Aluminum Rings
- Meopta Optika6 3-18x50mm MRAD1 Reticle
- Magpul CTR Stock / Cheek Riser / HVAC Tape Tightened
- Urbanrifleman LLC Bag Rider
- 4AW Muzzle brake 3 port (5/8x24 thread)
- Colorado Precision Rifle Sling

View attachment 8018455
How do you like that scope? I’ve seen some meopta reviews but never been behind the glass.

Reactions: stanley_white
How do you like that scope? I’ve seen some meopta reviews but never been behind the glass.

I absolutely love Meopta scopes and they are all I run these days.

I have their 1-4x with a #4 reticle on my AK variants. I have their 3-9x with a #4 reticle on my AR-10. The #4 reticle is great for low light shooting and shooting under stress if you dislike battery-powered optics.

The pictured scope is great, but the reticle design is a compromise between being able to estimate range and do holdovers with being able to use it in low light. I love this compromise, but could see how some more focused / less general shooters would not.

-Stan

Reactions: BikerRider98