• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifles.....show em!!

I am guessing it has to be less than 3 MB... my original file was like 3.2 and it wouldn't post. I cropped it and it made the size small enough to post.
Yeah, I found it it has to be less than 2MB. This is new. The limit used to be much more than that.

My 18” Rem 700 6.5 suppressed hunting rig!
EE776766-2536-44C6-A9D5-5481F671BEBC.jpeg

My starter distance rifle

700 in .308
Timney Calvin Elite 2 Flat Stage Trigger
Talley 20 MOA rings
Athlon Helos 6-24 x 50 BTR

These are my first zeroed shots at only 50yrds with 145gr Monarch . My 100yds were not reflective of what I was able to do at 50yds with the same ammo. 10” steel at 300yds isn’t a problem with the cheap stuff either, but now that I have a basic zero I want to start getting more consistent ammo, and really learning how to shoot correctly.

Attachments

• 3CAA947E-8A46-4453-95C7-AC694BFA9C07.jpeg
    3CAA947E-8A46-4453-95C7-AC694BFA9C07.jpeg
    609 KB · Views: 128
  • A85F203F-F4A7-479D-8F06-C4F21EFB74D2.jpeg
    A85F203F-F4A7-479D-8F06-C4F21EFB74D2.jpeg
    412.9 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
IS that an Area 419 arca lock rail? If so how was the install on this, difficult?
It is the Foundation Rail, but a AREA 419 rail will work also. It is really easy as the foundation has a integrate rail embeded in the stock you attach the rail too.

I got this one back from the gunsmith yesterday:

Remington 700 action
PTG fluted Bolt
Krieger 6.5 CM barrel 27" 1:7 RH
Vortex Razer Gen II 4-27X MRAD
Burris XTR Signature Rings (37 MOA with the ring spacing)
Badger Ordnance 20 MOA base
Timney Calvin Elite trigger
KRG Whiskey 3 Chassis
Harris bipod
QB Suppressor
Ammunition: Hornady factory load 6.5 CM 147 ELDM / 100 yard zero

Rem 700 6-5 CM 1.jpg
Rem 700 6-5 CM 3.jpg
Rem 700 6-5 CM 4.jpg
8 shot 6-5 147 ELDM.jpg

Last edited:
WOAH! Beautiful.. Been a long time since Ive seen a Gilkes Ross. Love that action design, as well as the barrel block stock. Wish I could afford one.. one of the finest American target rifles out there..
Do you know what barrel is on it?
Mike told me when he built it that the barrel would be either a Kreiger or Broughton, depending on what was available. I'll have a look next time it is out of the safe.

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
Still the new guy... Still have so much to learn... My first step in precision shooting, and I've went and undone it. I had put my .243 Remington 700 in a Magpul Hunter stock. I know it's the elcheapo of precision stocks, but I really didn't have any complaints about it. I'm just not digging on the look and feel of it, as much as I thought I would after looking, and reading about precision rifles.

Me being the fat old cripple, and having a normal looking fud rifle, would give me real a "grey man" advantage were I to go back to the original Maple stock it came in. I kinda dig the look of it anyway.

I do, however really like the DMB you can get with custom guns. Even the plastic version that Magpul makes. So... a little inletting, and the Magpul bottom metal (plastic) is in the Maple stock. I now have the old school hunting rifle look, but the easy safe unloading, and/or rapid reloading of the DBM. I also took it to the gunsmith to be threaded so I could put a brake on it for the suppressor I'll one day have.

Nobody will pay any mind to the old fart with the hunting rifle... I'll let my son build something with the Hunter stock, or just sell it.

q2zHXuF.jpg

Bergara HMR in 6.5 Creedmoor
Talley 20 MOA base
Vortex Pro Low Rings
Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 5-25x50 EBR2C MRAD
Bergara 6.5 break
Harris 6-9 Swivel with podlock

I have 3 different loads that will shoot sub 1/2 MOA with her. Very well the most accurate weapon I have ever owned.
B1.jpg
B2.jpg

R700.jpg
Remington 700 Tactical 16.5 5R barrel
KRG Bravo Chassis
Primary Arms SLx 4-14x44mm FFP Rifle Scope - Illuminated ACSS-HUD-DMR scope
Nightforce - Rem 700 SA 1913 Mil-Std - 20 MOA base
Timney Trigger at 3lbs
Strike Industries King Comp
KRG Bolt Lift

6.5-06 AI? Or 6.5x47 Lapua AI?
What was the parent case?
6.5 AI, parent case is the 280 Ackley

6.5×280 Ackley Improved

6.5×280 Ackley Improved
This cartridge is the king of non-magnum 6.5’s. We designed our reamer for this cartridge around the 140 grain Berger VLD Hunting bullet, and we have also seen excellent results with the tradition 140 grain Nosler Accubond. With the 140 VLD, overall length is approximately 3.520” to touch the lands, so it can be used in a standard Remington style long action magazine box, as well as feed from currently available detachable mag systems from Accuracy International, HS Precision, and Wyatt’s Outdoor. In a 26” barrel the 140 grain Berger can be driven to 3200FPS without excess pressure, equaling the ballistic ability of the .264 Win mag while using 7-10 grains less powder to do so. With the introduction of the Hornady 143gr ELD-X and the forthcoming 147 ELD-match, this chambering just keeps getting more fun. Customers have also reported excellent results using the Matrix 160gr VLD’s out of Canada. If you plan to shoot the 160, please let us know prior to chambering as we can lengthen the throat for more optimal bullet position.
Full custom dies are not required for the 6.5x280AI.We recommend using a Redding Type S .280 Ackley Improved bushing sizer die, with a .292” Neck bushing and 6.5mm expander/decapper assembly. One pass through the sizing die forms the neck to the proper diameter, no fireforming required. We use Nosler Custom .280AI brass, but if you don’t mind fireforming you can make brass from Norma .280 Remington or Lapua .30-06 brass(neck will be slightly shorter when using the .30-06 case).

6.5 AI, parent case is the 280 Ackley

6.5×280 Ackley Improved
You heard of the 6.5 Sherman? Basically a 6.5 Gibbs, but based on a .270 or .280 case instead of the .30-06 so as to have the max capacity a .473 long action case can provide, but with the longer neck that a .270 or .280 case provides. Its literally a .473 bolt face case that provides legitimate SAUM, if not slightly better even, performance. Take a look at it when you get the chance. Mr Rich Sherman on longrangehunting was the designer.....

CB57F7AC-9C71-4A22-B1A4-B5148F8E349A.jpeg

Origin action, 6.5 Creedmoor Proof Research 20in 1:7.5 With hellfire brake.( straightjacket armory) TT Diamond and a 4.5-30 XRS ii Bushnell sitting in a Cadex Strike Nuke. Which BTW is a stupid name but great stock. It’s seems it’s only downfall is being compared to the J Allen. It’s a shame because it’s a very high quality design and I was pleasantly surprised when I put my hands on one.
I got the shorter barrel for suppressor use but really wish I would have went with a 26In. Otherwise I am happy with my first real precision rifle.

From yesterday, I have a problem, this virus needs to end so I can get off my island and take a vacation. If it keeps it up will run out of room in the safes.

Yeah. That sucks. I'd hate to live on an Alaskan island while holed up die to COVID or any other stupid reason.(I tried typing in sarcasm font but I don't think it worked)

Reactions: Curt_SK