• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision rimfire interest in Northeast Ohio

Polaris13

Private
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2019
Ohio
I live in Northeast Ohio and finding a Precision Rimfire match is just about impossible. Do you think this a popularity issue or an ammo issue? I scrimped and saved for a Vudoo, hoarded ammo and I'm ready to go, but I've got nowhere to play. What's it like in your area?

Thank you for the reply. I did go to their web site. No matches scheduled for 2021 listed. The last match they list is from July 2020.

Send an email, the guys name is Frank
I'll be going over that way and will double check but I know the have tournaments every week for something

Going to have my match this coming weekend Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Takes about an hour to shoot thru.

Located near St. Clairsville right off I-70.

Topstrap

Thank you for your replies. I'll send Frank an email this AM.
Topstrap: thank you, the event looks like fun. You guys are 2 1/2 hours away, so I'll have to wait for vacation week to see you.

Thanks again

Reactions: Topstrap
Check out MKM precision. Kennerdale, PA aint to far.

I live in Northeast Ohio and finding a Precision Rimfire match is just about impossible. Do you think this a popularity issue or an ammo issue? I scrimped and saved for a Vudoo, hoarded ammo and I'm ready to go, but I've got nowhere to play. What's it like in your area?
Let’s see that Vudoo setup. Here’s mine.
826E0A17-1661-4497-A2AA-E6F28A48DE53.jpeg

Ohio has a few problems when it comes to matches and outdoor shooting in general. Lack of public land(ranks near the bottom in the US) and explosion of suburban sprawl has put a lot of restrictions on ranges or pushed some out of business. Anything over 100 yards can be sparse to find at best. Most clubs are private so getting information on matches can be difficult. That being said, I would email your local clubs, look at Practiscore, or check out ORPA for a club directory. I can tell you my club has seen an increase in interest for rimfire prs as it is a cheaper alternative to centerfire.

Our local club does have a 100 yard range, kinda skinny, only able to fit 5 shooters across. Also our officers/board frown on too many outsiders coming to the club in quantity or I'd host an event here. Thank you for the advice, I've been doing just that. My other issue is that Saturday is a work day, so Sunday is my only choice. Stay well