• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Precision Scoped Rifle 2 **CLASS FULL**

Hogstooth

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2004
Texas
www.vttactical.com
21ljpub.jpg

www.vaportrailtactical.net

Instructor
Sean Little
540 834-3864
[email protected]

PRECISION SCOPED RIFLE II CLASS
TRAINING SYLABUS

WHERE: Approx. 1 hr from Raliegh, in Kinston, North Carolina

WHEN: March 19/20, 2011 **CLASS FULL**

START TIME: 0700hrs. (That’s 7a.m.) In the confrence room of the Holiday Inn Express, , Kinston, NC. Lodging is also available at the Holiday Inn, call 252 559-8888

COSTS: $300 per student, final amount paid at the time of class begins Saturday 2011. A $50 non- refundable deposit is due by March 5th, mailing address thru the web site.

DISCOUNTS: A 10% discount for Law Enforcement and Active Duty military

REGISTRATION: Registration will be thru the Vapor Trail web site, fill out a registration form and include what class and date you want to attend.

CLASS SIZE: A minimum of six students required.

CANCELLATION: This class may be cancelled due to extreme weather conditions, or due to unforeseen circumstances, class will be rescheduled or students who cannot reschedule can get a refund or credit for the next class they can attend.
2vtcsbm.jpg

INTRODUCTION: The Precision Scoped Rifle II will teach the student to be effective and engage individual and multiple targets from various supported and unsupported positions at known and (UKD)unknown distances out to 960yds. Course is designed to stress UKD and use of MIL HOLDS from various positions, students will be paired as shooter/observer utilized to engage steel. Students will also practice Range estimation, mil holds, and rapid target engagements, shooter/observer dialog, high angle fire, and height over bore holds for close engagements giving the shooter the capability to shoot various targets under various conditions and positions.
19lcmx.jpg

CLASSES TO BE TAUGHT:
Safety brief
Range Estimation
Supported sitting, kneeling, and standing
Shooter/Observer skills and dialog
Rapid bolt manipulation
Mil Use and Hold Over/ Under
Multiple target engagements
Engaging Hidden Targets
Shooting on an angle
Close contact shooting
Engaging Bobbing targets

STUDENT REQUIREMENTS

Rifle and Equipment

Bolt Action or Semi Automatic Rifle with Scope. No rifles above 30cal magnum allowed due to range restrictions

Rifle must be capable of shooting 1” groups or better at 100 yards.

Scope must be capable of “dialing” elevation and windage settings, also known as target knobs.

250rds minimum- Factory “match” ammunition recommended for shooting past 600 yards. If you are shooting .308, 175gr bullets are recommended for this course.

Re-Loaded ammunition allowed, if loaded with match components

Don’t forget your magazines- for semi auto or magazine fed bolt guns.

Laser Range Finders, mil dot master or other range estimation tools if you have them.

Rifle rest, bipod, tripod, shooting bags

Spotting Scope- If you have one please bring it.

Data Book- We recommend Impact Data Books, www.impactdatabooks.com

Sling- We recommend Tactical Intervention Quick cuff or Slip Cuff Slings, or the TAB rifle sling.

Lunch- You will get a 45 min. lunch break, bring your lunch if you can, areas to eat are not close by.

Hearing protection- foam earplugs will be available.

Rifle Cleaning equipment- Rods, bore guides, solvents, patches, brushes, bore snakes, scope tools, wrenches, ect.

Bring clothes that match the weather, we will shoot in the cold or rain, rescheduling the course will take place if we have severe weather, i.e. extreme cold or rain, lightning, tornadoes, hurricanes, or a combination of all.

Note pad, pen or pencil for taking notes
If there is any other gear that you want to bring such as shooting mats, tools or other equipment feel free.

2d19qh4.jpg

CLASS TIMELINE

Sat.
0700-0900 Check- In, Introduction, Classroom instruction – Review of the Basics

0900-0930 Lunch and movement to the range

0930-1100 Cold Bore shot, confirm zeros at 100yds on paper

1100-1145 Lunch at Aggie's sub shop

1145-1230 Range Estimation exercise

1230-1600 Teams engage steel from 300 to 900yds

1600-1800 Shooting supported sitting kneeling and standing positions on paper

Sunday
0730-0815 Range estimation exercise.

0815-0900 Cold Bore shot, confirm zero’s.

0900- 1200 Shoot steel known distance targets to 600yds, dialing elevation and windage settings

1200-1245 Lunch

1245-1500 Shoot steel known distance to 600yds, using hold over/ under, rapid target engagements on paper and steel.

1500-1630 Team Competition, combination of paper and steel targets

1630-1700 Clean up and dismisal

Any questions about the course, requirements, or gear please contact me thru email or call. Sean Little- [email protected] or 540 834-3864

Re: Precision Scoped Rifle 2 March 19/20 N.C.

Count me in, it sounds like just what I need to get ready for Reade.

Nice pics! Do you really shoot off the beds of pick ups? Please don't tell me you shoot steel at 400+yds weakside as well! Or hide steel plates in the woods...
smile.gif
I heard after PSR 3 day, GAP got three more orders!

And I was hoping they would want Old Lodge Rifles.lol

Targo,
I will have to put you on the rifle Mark built for me and see what you think? I'd put him right up there with George in accuracy, Mark isn't a big as George but I wouldn't hesitate to have him build me another. Maybe it will be a 338 some day, once I find the place to shoot it on a regular basis!!! LOL

Not a bash on GAP, I have 2 GAP rifles that I will never sell!!! I just found someone local with some talent, so don't be hatin!!

I have 4 people signed up for this course, would like two more to fill out the class a little more. If you are on the fence shoot me an email or fill out a registration form from the web site link below.

Looking forward to spring and better weather

Thanks
Sean Little

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hogstooth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Targo,
I will have to put you on the rifle Mark built for me and see what you think? I'd put him right up there with George in accuracy, Mark isn't a big as George but I wouldn't hesitate to have him build me another. Maybe it will be a 338 some day, once I find the place to shoot it on a regular basis!!! LOL

Not a bash on GAP, I have 2 GAP rifles that I will never sell!!! I just found someone local with some talent, so don't be hatin!! </div></div>after seeing that dime-sized group at 500 yds, I have no doubt. We just have to work with him on his color schemes!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: targaflorio</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hogstooth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Targo,

Not a bash on GAP, I have 2 GAP rifles that I will never sell!!! I just found someone local with some talent, so don't be hatin!! </div></div>after seeing that dime-sized group at 500 yds, I have no doubt. We just have to work with him on his color schemes! </div></div>
A guy makes one mis-judgement on the stock color and he can't ever live it down.lol Sean has already cured the color on that rifle, she's real purdy now.

This is just a quick plug to anyone reading this thread that may be on the fence about signing up for any of Sean's classes:

I attended both the PR1 and PR2 classes a few years ago and had a great time. I learned quite a bit, and got to do some great shooting as well. Sean is a great instructor and provided plenty of one-on-one instruction to make sure we all "got it." Plus, from the photos on his site, it looks like his classes have only gotten better over the years. Highly recommended.

-PhrogDriver

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hogstooth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Targo,

Not a bash on GAP, I have 2 GAP rifles that I will never sell!!! I just found someone local with some talent, so don't be hatin!! </div></div>

Hey Sean,

Is Mark the same Mark at SAC or someone else? send me his contact info as I want to build something new

Keith

I'm trying to make this one as the last time was fantastic

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: targaflorio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice pics! Do you really shoot off the beds of pick ups? Please don't tell me you shoot steel at 400+yds weakside as well! Or hide steel plates in the woods...
smile.gif
I heard after PSR 3 day, GAP got three more orders!
</div></div>

I heard @ PSR1 Sean will yell at you if you don't find the targets quick enough.... Where is the hurt feelings report?

Hey guys, thanks for all the positive posts, looking forward to the class. If you have posted that you are going to take the class, please make sure you fill out a registration form from my web site.

It helps me keep track of how many people I have attending, make sure I have enough handouts, ect. If you have already sent one, then disreguard!!

You will certainly get a quality education from Sean without the fluff and BS. Fun, Fair, positive firearms training to stroke the ego is not his goal it is to get the students confident and comfortable with the system they are running, and will take the individual time to make sure it happens. I highly recommend Sean's courses, he takes the time to prepare in advance and manages the range to insure each round gets you closer to your goal of "Keeping it point of aim... Point of Impact". Typically the only question you will have at the end of the course is when can you get in on the next one. The bonus to his courses are that he does have a good time and it shows in how he instructs. Owning a truck does not make you a truck driver, owning a precision rifle does not make you a great shot, get out and get the education you will not regret it.

Sean you are doing a great job.

Take care and be safe,

During PSR1 he will give you a "nick name" if you are not careful......asshat was used in the last one I was in a a few others. Looking forward to some more quality instruction with Sean he really does a fine job

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GreyWolf36</div><div class="ubbcode-body">During PSR1 he will give you a "nick name" if you are not careful......asshat was used in the last one I was in a a few others. Looking forward to some more quality instruction with Sean he really does a fine job </div></div>

lol I am happy to hear that I am not the only one with a nickname from Sean...

"Jerry's Kid"

lol

JEEEERRRRRRYYYYY!!!! I can't find that target!!! Sean's class is never boring that is for sure. Always a great learning experience with some laughs and good times thrown in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hogstooth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Need to put up some new pics on the brown rifles post, show off her new colors. </div></div>let's see the new look!

Wish I was one of them. This working thing is getting old. You guy's are gonna have a great time.

I'm looking forward to this class! I've changed out my trigger and my stock since PSR-I in May last year. PSR-I was a great time...great guys in the class and Sean kept us laughing the whole time. I can't wait to ring that steel @ 960!

Hey guys
I will be sending out an email this week with info and weather for the class coming up, so be looking for an email. Also brush up on your range estimation using the shooter ready program, you will certainly need it, you will have range est on each day for this class. Looking forward to it and got some new targets from Big Dog steel to try out during the course.

Later
Little

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: targaflorio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If anyone who did the PSR 2 day in October or PSR 3 day in Jan is going this week, please give me a shout. </div></div>
I wish! I should just go down for the dinners lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C45P312</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: targaflorio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If anyone who did the PSR 2 day in October or PSR 3 day in Jan is going this week, please give me a shout. </div></div>
I wish! I should just go down for the dinners lol </div></div>

And the strippers! *Barf* lol

Ask Sean what happened after last time we went out after a class to the "club"

HAHAHAHAHA

Hey Cotton
We tried to go back cause I was telling our story, but they closed the good club down and the one that you and I started out in and were playing pool is still open!!! Not a good trip to the club and I'm not going back to the first place you and I started at.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crossgun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think your little black truck SUCKS! </div></div>

hey bud, Toyota Tacoma owners have been know to stick together!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cttbax</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crossgun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think your little black truck SUCKS! </div></div>

hey bud, Toyota Tacoma owners have been know to stick together! </div></div>
He just means as a shooting platform weakside.. Wait until Sean sees his passenger door. I think I can read Harris or Atlas on it... At least no bullet holes were left behind...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: targaflorio</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cttbax</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crossgun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think your little black truck SUCKS! </div></div>

hey bud, Toyota Tacoma owners have been know to stick together! </div></div>
He just means as a shooting platform weakside.. Wait until Sean sees his passenger door. I think I can read Harris or Atlas on it... At least no bullet holes were left behind... </div></div>

ahhaha It really did suck shooting left handed off the bedside... that is why I just decided to hit the target with the first shot! Actually, I think it was my only first round hit the whole class...lol!

Re: Precision Scoped Rifle 2 **CLASS FULL**

Great class with a bunch of great people this weekend! I learned a lot from Sean again and all of the knowledgable people in the class too. The competition piece in the agenda of PSR II was a real eye opener for me. When that buzzer goes off your fundamentals or lack there of are really exposed. Trying out new drills, testing yourself and getting feedback posistive and negative are all part of the learning process... everytime I asked Sean "what am I doing wrong?" He knew how to relate my mistake back to the fundamental I just fudged.

I definately have to thank Sean for putting on a great class. It was a really fun time and something that I would highly recommend to anyone who is able to get out to NC for a few days. The group of guys that were there training were all good people and pretty good shooters. This class takes you out of your comfort zone and reminds you that there is much more to this game than lying on your belly and shooting. I know what I will be working on and the areas that I will be trying to improve myself in going forward.

Oh, and Sean, please remember to reset your dope back to zero if you forgot to after the course:)

Photos gentleman photos. We all know you learned alot Sean didn't forget how to teach. We need photos to see what you were shooting.

Hey Joe: I asked who would write up the AAR and everyone immediately pointed at me. 'Cept I don't have any photos.
Dave?
We spent the two days at Mr. Edwards range (out to 960). A lot like what we did at the three day, only more so. And more timed events, and tougher weakside shots...
But the weather was phenomenal!

Good to hear. I'm thinking my next will be the PR II.

I have pictures. I'll try to post them later tonight or tomorrow at the latest. I'm still trying to recover from a weekend packed full of trigger time.

That's what I'm talking about. Great pictures. Looks like you really need to bring your A game to this one. Nice equipment my little factory 700 probably would have started crying.

Well I was going to post some pictures, but it's going to be hard to follow those. Thanks Dave. It was a eye opening weekend for sure. I would have spent all day Sunday scratching Sean's truck and shooting Pirates if I could have.

Mark