• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Scoped Rifle I - Oct. 23/24 **2 slots**

Hogstooth

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2004
Texas
www.vttactical.com
VAPOR TRAIL TACTICAL
www.vaportrailtactical.net

Instructor
Sean Little
540 834-3864
[email protected]

PRECISION SCOPED RIFLE CLASS I
TRAINING SYLABUS

WHERE: Approx. 1 hr from Raliegh, in Kinston, North Carolina

WHEN: Two day class- **Class Full** Oct 23/24, 2010

START TIME: 0700hrs. (That’s 7a.m.) In the parking lot of the Holiday Inn Express, 1156 Hill Farm Rd, Kinston, NC. 28503 We will convoy to the range approx. 20min. away. Lodging is also available at the Holiday Inn Express, call 252 559-8888, for other lodging in the area contact me thru email.

COSTS: $300 per student, final amount paid at the time of class begins Saturday May. 22th, 2010. A $50 non- refundable deposit is due by May 15th, 2010.

DISCOUNTS: A 10% discount for Law Enforcement and Active and Reserve Military

REGISTRATION & DEPOSIT: Register thru our web site at www.vaportrailtactical.net Fill out a registration form in the contacts section of the web site, make sure you fill out what class and dates you would like to attend.

CLASS SIZE: A minimum of six students required, and a maximum of 12 are allowed.

CANCELLATION: This class may be cancelled due to extreme weather conditions, or due to unforeseen circumstances, class will be rescheduled or students who cannot reschedule can get a refund or credit for the next class they can attend.
2u7rrc2.jpg

INTRODUCTION- The PSR-1 course is designed to train the Shooter and Observer in the fundamentals of marksmanship, be able to manipulate their scope, and record all data for evaluation. Each pair will be trained to be shooter and observer and will rotate duties so that each will be effective in either role, students will engage targets out to 900yds. . The course will consist of 5 hours of instruction, and approx. 16 hours of range time. This is a very high paced course; there will not be a lot of time to waste with all that I want to accomplish in the two days. Come prepared to work, learn and shoot!! Classes Include:

Safety brief
Rifle zero & techniques
Fundamentals of Marksmanship
Scope manipulation
Use of Data book
Shooter/ Observer dialog
Range Estimation
Supported positions weak and strong side
Team competition
Care and Cleaning
b6y3om.jpg

STUDENT REQUIREMENTS

This is the required gear that you must bring to participate in this class, no hunting rifles will be allowed. Read the list!! If you don’t have the proper rifle/ ammo, you will not be allowed to take the class, and your money will be refunded. Please do not register for this class if you do not have a proper rifle, ammunition or cannot borrow one, you will not be allowed to participate and class seats will be lost. If you do not have a proper rifle and ammo and would still like to take the course please contact me (Well in Advance) and you can rent a rifle and purchase ammo. Any questions please contact the instructor.

Rifle and Equipment

Bolt Action or Semi Automatic Rifle with Scope. No rifles above 30cal magnum allowed due to range restrictions

Rifle must be capable of shooting 1” groups or better at 100 yards.

Scope must be capable of “dialing” elevation and windage settings, also known as target knobs.

160rds minimum- Factory “match” ammunition recommended for shooting past 600 yards. If you are shooting .308, 175gr bullets are recommended for this course.

Re-Loaded ammunition allowed, if loaded with match components

Don’t forget your magazines- for semi auto or magazine fed bolt guns.

Laser Range Finders, mil dot master or other range estimation tools if you have them.

Rifle rest, bipod, tripod, shooting bags

Bench rest tables not allowed!

Spotting Scope- If you have one please bring it.

Data Book- We recommend Storm Tactical and Impact Data books

Sling- We recommend Tactical Intervention Quick cuff or Slip Cuff Slings, or the TAB tactical rifle sling.

Lunch- You will get a 45 min. lunch break, bring your lunch if you can areas to eat are not close by.

Hearing protection- foam earplugs will be available.

Rifle Cleaning equipment- Rods, bore guides, solvents, patches, brushes, bore snakes, scope tools, wrenches, ect.

Bring clothes that match the weather, we will shoot in the cold or rain, rescheduling the course will take place if we have severe weather, i.e. extreme cold or rain, lightning, tornadoes, hurricanes, or a combination of all.

Note pad, pen or pencil for taking notes
If there is any other gear that you want to bring such as shooting mats, tools or other equipment feel free.
2emmz5v.jpg

CLASS TIMELINE

Sat.
0700-1200 Check- In, Introduction, Classroom instruction

1200-1230 Lunch and movement to the range

1230-1300 Range set up

1300-1700 Focus scope, parallax, zero, and accuracy work at 100 yds. Engage paper targets at 100, 300, 600 yards, 15 rounds of ammo at each yard line; Chronograph rifles.

1700-1800 Movement back to hotel for Care and Cleaning class
106aoo4.jpg

Sunday
0730-0830 Range estimation exercise.

0830-1000 Cold Bore shot, confirm zero’s.

1000- 1200 Shoot steel known distance targets to 900yds

1200-1245 Lunch

1245-1600 Supported positions weak and strong side

1600-1700 Team Competition

1700-1730 Critique and certificate awards

Any questions about the course, requirements, or gear please contact me thru email or call. [email protected]

Re: Precision Scoped Rifle I - Oct. 23/24

Shooters:

This is an excellent course, and taught by somebody that knows. If your a new shooter, or a old one who has picked up bad habits over the years, this is the course for you.

It's a great intro into LR shooting, with a variety of targets out to 950 or so yds. Some of the most fun you can have with your $300. east of Vegas.

Natural point of aim, trigger control, breathing, and finding your comfort zone behind your stick, data recording, reticle reading, et al, are just a few of the skills that you can learn to master with this course.

Coming to class with your rifle actually zeroed correctly @ 100 yds, is very helpful, and will save gobs of class time.

Only one note of caution, you will need to bring your English to USMC Dictionary: as Little's various grunt's, harrumph's, and Who Raha's have there own subtle meanings that are generally lost on the genteel set, without a translator.....
grin.gif

Bob
PSR 1's Designated "Old Guy" in the class of Feb. 2010.

If any one is in the dark about taking one of Sean's classes, you will not regret it. PSR I is a very good class to build on the fundamentals or break old habits. If I was still in the area I would not hesitate to do it again.

I hope to be able to make the drive to one of the PSR II dates. Sean is a great teacher guys and this classes are very good deals, especially if you are Mil or LEO.

Plus he is just an all around good guy!

Jeremy

I was in the last cohort and came away from the class a much more confident rifle shooter. Never having shot much beyond 300 yds before, I was able to reach out and touch targets 800+ by the end of the weekend thanks to Sean. It was also good fun as Sean attracts a great group. Get out there and do it.

How often do you offer this class? I am very interested, but my work schedule looks like it will not comply for that weekend.

I just canceled BW PR1, and signed up for your class! Thanks for answering all my questions today Sean. I am looking forward to shooting with you.

Jake

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hogstooth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Jake got your registration info, great talking to you today, see you and your partner in Oct.
</div></div>
Sean, thanks again for the info. Jake passed it along to me. I too just did the online form thing on the website. Really glad we were able to talk you instead of 2nd hand info. I'm really happy we switched over from the BW PR1 course.

-Carlo

I have two slots that just opened up, there were a couple of people who wanted to sign up when the class was full. I will go back and see if I can contact those people but if you want to sign up just shoot me a PM or go to my web site and fill out a registration form. Any questions just PM or email me.

Sean Little
[email protected]

Great course guys take advantage of it!!!

For anyone going needing data books this is the layout that Sean has given me for what you guys will need and use while at the course.

Book info:

Modular Standard size book
Choose your paper type: Standard 80 weight or RNR

1. SNC-3
2. B-G
3. G-DIAU
4. ML-POST
5. G-CIR
6. ML-NRA-B
7. ML-ECHO-CIR
8. ML-IPSC

Thank You for for your interest and we look forward to filling your order. All books ship the next day so anyone needing a book for these upcoming courses if you get your order in the next few days we will have them in time for the course.

Really enjoyed the last class, and looking forward to this one. See you guys next week.

Hey guys just in case someone needs it, we will be meeting at the NC State Univ parking lot 229 Kingold Blvd, in Snow Hill at 0700 am to convoy out to the range. Looking forward to the class, see you guys next week.

For the guys going to this class you are in for one hell of a good weekend, Sean is a great teacher, go with an open mind and ready to learn.

Sean: awesome class this weekend! Perfect weather, great bunch of guys. We all learned a lot, and finishing with a first round hit at 960 is priceless. See you at part 2 !

Anybody wanting to learn and then apply what they have learned, this is the class for you. Sean teaches with a real world aspect and makes clear the objective. The guys this weekend were all first class, we had a real good mix of skills and knowledge and the instruction given was clearly understood by all. I loved it and banging steel at 960 was sweet. Had a blast guys.

Keith

Hey Keith
Great to meet you and Ashton this weekend, I had a great time with you guys and everyone did really well. Look forward to seeing you guys again, and I am sure that Ashton's phone bill has gone up since he got Jazz's number!! LOL!!

Sean does a great job with his classes. Lots to be learned and a great instructor. You will know it when you need it. The price you pay, pays you back when you need it.

Hey Sean,
I talked to Ashton and he said you were right his phone bill has gone up, he said JAZ was telling him "I dont understand why Sean wont return my phone calls". Let me know what's the real story.......

Later

Hey if anyone has any pictures from the class please post them up here and email me copy's to post on my site, thanks!!

Will do Buddy as soon as I can get them back, thanks again I really had a blast and learned alot

Sean,

I had a great time, even if I discovered I have some serious equipment problems. Those will be rectified, and soon. I usually expect at least one ass in the crowd in that type of class, but the whole group was a delight to be around. I learned a lot and will start putting that info to use as soon as my equipment issues are settled.

I did want to mention that I noticed that with all the trouble you had with names that Jazz's name was the only one you did remember. Ha ha!

Ashton (a.k.a. Asshat)

Ashton: 1st post on the Hide and it's a reference to Jazz? That's a hoot!
smile.gif

It was good seeing you in North Carolina. Are you ready for the three day?

Has Sean looked at this? this is funny stuff......I guess you had to be there.

Hey guys,
Had a blast and yes you guys are so funny, ha ha!! Looking forward to seeing some of you guys again in January, I will be emailing the outlines here in a day or two. I will make a note of it, if I could only find my marker?