• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Scoped Rifle II Class, NC

Hogstooth

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2004
Texas
www.vttactical.com
VAPOR TRAIL TACTICAL
www.vaportrailtactical.net

Instructor
Sean Little
540 834-3864
[email protected]

PRECISION SCOPED RIFLE II CLASS
TRAINING SYLABUS

Instructor
Sean Little
540 834-3864
[email protected]

WHERE: Approx. 1 hr from Raliegh, in Goldsboro, North Carolina

WHEN: Two day class-*Date changed* 2010

START TIME: 0700hrs. (That’s 7a.m.) In the parking lot of the Jameson Inn, 1408 S. Harding Dr., Goldsboro, NC. We will convoy to the range approx. 20min. away. Lodging is also available at the Jameson Inn, call 919 778-9759, for other lodging in the area contact me thru email.

COSTS: $300 per student, final amount paid at the time of class begins Saturday 2010. A $50 non- refundable deposit is due by.

DISCOUNTS: A 10% discount for Law Enforcement and Active Duty military

REGISTRATION & DEPOSIT: Registration will be thru email only! Send Full name, address, phone number, emergency contact info, make/ model/ caliber of Rifle and make/model of Optic you will be using. A $50 non- refundable deposit is due by, 2010. CLASS SIZE: A minimum of six students required, and a maximum of 12 are allowed.

CANCELLATION: This class may be cancelled due to extreme weather conditions, or due to unforeseen circumstances, class will be rescheduled or students who cannot reschedule can get a refund or credit for the next class they can attend.
30aetd4.jpg

INTRODUCTION: The Precision Scoped Rifle II will teach the student to be effective and engage individual and multiple targets from various supported and unsupported positions at known and unknown distances. Students will also practice Range estimation, mil holds, and rapid target engagements, giving the shooter the capability to shoot various targets under various conditions and positions.

CLASSES TO BE TAUGHT:
Safety brief
Unsupported Positions
Use of sling
Range Estimation
Rapid bolt manipulation
Mil Use and Hold Over/ Under
Multiple target engagements
Engaging Hidden Targets
Shooting on an angle
Close contact shooting
Engaging Bobbing targets

STUDENT REQUIREMENTS

Rifle and Equipment

Bolt Action or Semi Automatic Rifle with Scope. No rifles above 30cal magnum allowed due to range restrictions

Rifle must be capable of shooting 1” groups or better at 100 yards.

Scope must be capable of “dialing” elevation and windage settings, also known as target knobs.

160rds minimum- Factory “match” ammunition recommended for shooting past 600 yards. If you are shooting .308, 175gr bullets are recommended for this course.

Re-Loaded ammunition allowed, if loaded with match components

Don’t forget your magazines- for semi auto or magazine fed bolt guns.

Laser Range Finders, mil dot master or other range estimation tools if you have them.

Rifle rest, bipod, tripod, shooting bags

Bench rest tables not allowed!

Spotting Scope- If you have one please bring it.

Data Book- We recommend Impact Data Books, www.impactdatabooks.com

Sling- We recommend Tactical Intervention Quick cuff or Slip Cuff Slings, or the TAB rifle sling.

Lunch- You will get a 45 min. lunch break, bring your lunch if you can, areas to eat are not close by.

Hearing protection- foam earplugs will be available.

Rifle Cleaning equipment- Rods, bore guides, solvents, patches, brushes, bore snakes, scope tools, wrenches, ect.

Bring clothes that match the weather, we will shoot in the cold or rain, rescheduling the course will take place if we have severe weather, i.e. extreme cold or rain, lightning, tornadoes, hurricanes, or a combination of all.

Note pad, pen or pencil for taking notes
If there is any other gear that you want to bring such as shooting mats, tools or other equipment feel free.
16gapvb.jpg

CLASS TIMELINE

Sat. 0700-1000 Check- In, Introduction, Classroom instruction – Review of the Basics

1000-1100 Lunch and movement to the range

1100-1130 Range set up

1130- 1500 Zero rifles, Engage paper targets at 100, 300, 600 yards, 15 rounds of ammo at each yard line

1500- 1700 Use of sling class/ demo, students will engage 3” shoot n see at 100yds using sling prone, sitting, kneeling, offhand. 15rds per position

Time Permits- If we are ahead of schedule then we will shoot unsupported positions using the sling on steel from the sitting and kneeling positions.

Sunday 0730-0830 Range estimation exercise.

0830-1000 Cold Bore shot, confirm zero’s.

1000- 1200 Shoot steel known distance targets to 600yds, dialing elevation and windage settings

1200-1245 Lunch

1245-1600 Shoot steel known distance to 600yds, using hold over/ under, rapid target engagements on paper and steel.

1600-1700 Team Competition, combination of paper and steel targets

1700-1730 Critique and certificate awards

Any questions about the course, requirements, or gear please contact me thru email or call. Sean Little- [email protected] or 540 834-3864

Re: 2 Day Course Long Range II Class, NC March 20-21

Guys Sean teaches a good course!! You will have a good time and learn alot. Highly recommended.

If anyone needs <span style="font-weight: bold">data books</span> for the course drop us a line and we will get you setup so you have what you need for the course to match the targets that you will be shooting.

For anyone needing a modular book laid out for this course these are the pages that Sean said would match the shooting you will be doing.

Gridded Diamond
Gridded Blank
Post target
Circles
Shoot N C 3 inch targets
UKD

You going to organize a match this year, Sean?

Yes we are looking at hosting a match this fall probably in Sept, just kinda seeing how the spring and summer are going to be for classes. We actually have additional space on the property that we didn't know about in which we might be able to shoot from a urban type hide site. You never know I might just get frosty and go dig a tight little improved scratch belly hide, I haven't dug one of those in a long time.

Sean, I was wondering if you were going to have a class like this sometime this late spring or summer. Also a decent match not far form home would be awesome.

Sorry, I didn't specify I won't be back in the states till april or may.

Hey Cotton aka: Whitecock
Yes actually working right now on building a web site that will have the full schedule but probably won't be up for another month or two so till then just keep checking back here for classes. Right now I am looking at running another LR I and II in April and May, let me know when you get back, looking forward to AAR. Be safe, don't set patterns if you can, and we'll see you soon.

John Boyette's match is a good local match down there, probably the only one around as far as I know, other than F class at Butner. I have shot some of his earlier matches a couple of years ago, he has a new place that is probabley better for matches. We plan on doing our own but won't be till the Fall

Here is a link to John's match
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1495608#Post1495608

Guys,

I jumped on Sean's topic before I asked him, sorry about that Sean. We need to keep things civil and I was jacked up.

Sean has a great class I have been to two of them and seen what he teaches.

There is a lot of good stuff and like his layout of his teachings.

I see alot of good things going on in NC. You guys need to take advantage of what Sean and others do.

If no one shows up, the venues go away because of lack of participation.

John

Hogstooth,

Would you be willing to let me know information about LR I&II courses in Goldsboro area in April/May when you have details set? I am in Hendersonville, NC and very much interested. I am new to SH and enrolled in the SH online training, hoping to improve my shooting and perhaps compete a bit in the future when I'm up to speed.

Thanks in advance,
NCBullshooter

Hey Bullshooter
Here is my schedule for the year so far
April Basic Carbine/ Pistol
May Scoped Rifle I
June LE only class
July Scoped Rifle II
August LE only class

Let me know if there is anything you want to sign up for

Thank you Hogstooth,

I am interested in your May "Scoped Rifle I", but I don't know yet whether I can attend. When do you anticipate setting the May schedule and taking registrations?

Thanks again,
NCBullshooter

This class is great. I took it a year ago and will probably take it again for a refresher.

NCBullshooter
You can register for any of the classes that I have posted just shoot me an email with your personal info, emergency contact, weapon, optic, and ammo info to register for any class.

I like the LR II class, doing more with the rifle and optic as far as positions and drills on mil holds and engaging multiple targets. Looking forward to it!!

BTT for those who have Pm'd me about the course and those who just took my PSR I class and want to take II, email me for registration.

I think I will be able to make it to this class, when do I need to let you know for sure?
By the way what range is the picture of this taken at, doesn't look like the usual spot?

Guys, I have had alot of people say they are interested in taking this course but I have recieved no registration information. If you have taken my PSR I and want to take II please email me your info again so I can put you on the list, I have already filled 8 slots with a couple of Law Enforcement Agencies. If you are not sure please send me an email to confirm, I have been pretty busy so I may have missed something. The class limit is 12 so there are only 4 slots left, thanks.

Hey guys
First let me say Sean is one of the finest precision Rifle instructors I have had the pleasure to train with. Sean always produces a top notch course; the training you will walk away with is exceptional.
For me it helped bridge allot of gaps in my tactical shooting experience. Doesn’t matter if you’re the avid hunter to a high speed operator Sean training is good to go.
Sean training produces a phenomenal list of tools you can apply to your various shooting situations. What I took away from Sean training, was the confidence of knowing everything required to confidently produce that cold bore first round hit out to various extended ranges.
And let me tell you, it has to be “extreme weather” for Sean to cancel that’s for sure! (LOL) When I attended up at Quantico we fired in some of the nastiest weather.

I have encountered in a long time, but when it was all said and done I had some of the best range data and I knew that I could confidently engage multiple targets at various ranges with first round hits in a 20-25mph cross wind and sheets of pouring rain, and that’s no BS or embellishment.
You will leave with a better understanding of yourself and equipment. In closing if you can make it happen and attend Sean class you won’t regret it.
V/R Tree frog

All right I'm officially in for this class. should be back early April so I'll see y'all then.

Sean, sent you an e-mail. I'm back for class have your bullhorn
ready. I still can't hear any better. Looking foreward to seeing you and others. T.

Sean - Site looks great. I'm fairly local (Burlington/G-Boro) and new to this precision shooting deal. I hope to get into one of your classes (Oct maybe) before I can develop too many bad habits on my own trying to teach myself. The site will make it much easier to keep up with what you are doing. Best of luck!

JS

I was mistaken that the one LE agency was going to attend PSR II, they wanted to attend the LR I course in May so I will have three more slots open. There are a total of FIVE slots open, email me or check our web site for more info.

just wondering how many people you have signed up so far? Got back and getting ready.

There is eight signed up, should be a good small class, lots of trigger time. I have a few things planned extra since there will be some LE taking the class that requested some low light shooting. I'm sure that you might have some experience with that being just fresh back from the Stan, should be a good time.

Look forward to seeing you again and welcome home!!

Later
Little