• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

"Precision Valley sniper cup"Italy , June 2nd 2010

Pinco Palla

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2002
Italy
Next June 2nd , in any weather condition , it'll be held the first edition of the "Precision Valley sniper cup".

There 'll be 8 shooting stations , each one 0.4 miles from the others for a total of 3.2 miles of trail up and down muddy hills to be covered in 8 hours , the targets 'll be at unknown distances from 100 to 1000 meters far away , 50 rounds plus all the gear , rifle , food & water must be shoulders carried all day long .

I'll post some pix & feedback at the end of next week ,

Stay safe,
PP out

Re: "Precision Valley sniper cup"Italy , June 2nd 2010

Me too....... after the match, de briefing, pictures and videos..

is there some cheap mountain vino that gives one super natural snipery powers to properly place the boolits ?

It's too late for me to make it this year but I'm interested in going in 2011. Please PM me the info. Thanks. Steve.

We'll be glad to have you here with us next year , I'll keep you posted .

PP out

probably the second edition will be in october/november " Steel Safari "

My wife has been bugging me to take her back to Rome. I would prefer to rent a sportbike, pack my climbing gear, and ride the mountain roads in the north to the base of a few cliffs. We are at an impasse. So, how difficult would it be to bring a rifle to Italy and shoot a match like this one?

I'm taking some informations to do the same thing.... my rifle and all the gear to the USA...

as soon as I'll have some news I'll up date the post.

cheers

It'll be going to be rainy , windy & muddy , there'll be a lot of fun !

PP out

some pictures.... everythings was perfect.....

8 stages, 45 shots.... from 8 AM to 6 PM...... wonderful day

phoca_thumb_l_aprecisionvalley541.jpg

phoca_thumb_l_aprecisionvalley531.jpg

phoca_thumb_l_aprecisionvalley342.jpg

phoca_thumb_l_aprecisionvalley282.jpg

phoca_thumb_l_aprecisionvalley227.jpg

phoca_thumb_l_aprecisionvalley078.jpg

phoca_thumb_l_aprecisionvalley077.jpg

phoca_thumb_l_aprecisionvalley031.jpg

phoca_thumb_l_aprecisionvalley831.jpg

DSCN2667.jpg

some more..

P6020114.jpg

P6020112.jpg

P6020110.jpg

P6020109.jpg

P6020108.jpg

P6020105.jpg

in this one the stage was... start position 50 meters away, stand up position all the stuff with you, after start signal 4 minutes to run to FFP and engage 4 paper target at different distance from 200 to 330 meters with 2 shots each, slope angle, high grass on the ground.. after last shot pack again everything to reach 10 meters away the check man position

P6020102.jpg

P6020101.jpg

P6020100.jpg

P6020099.jpg

url]

url]

url]

Re: "Precision Valley sniper cup" - PIX ( heavy )

This is me at the match , I wore a SOTech sniper vest with Eagle ammo wallets and Triad mags pouches , my pea-shooter was an AI AWM with S&B 5-25x56 PMII P4f

2.jpg

PP out

This was the first exercise location , we had to engage 4 sets of targets with 2 shots each at different distances ( from 173 to 301 meters ) downhill ( -20 degrees ) in 4 minutes

1.jpg

PP out

These were the second and third exercises , to engage brown targets with a forest background downhill at 800 and 970 meters far away , 6 rounds in 6 minutes

3.jpg

PP out

Exercise no.#5 , two FFPs ,the distance between them was about 50 meters but first of all we had to run for 100 meters to get there , from there we had to engage two targets , one at 295 meters far away and the other one at 560 , 6 rounds in 6 minutes

4.jpg

PP out

Moving from one FFP to another one with about 20 Kilos of rifle & gear up and down the hills all day long , it was a very hot & sunny day , and a very tiring one too !

3moving.jpg

PP out

exercise no.# 6th , shooting 3 rounds from an unconventional position to an hostage covered target positioned at 132 meters far away

5.jpg

PP out

Exercise no.#7 , shooting 3 rounds from seated position to a target 260 meters far away

6.jpg

PP out

Exercise no.#8 , running from 100 meters far away we had to get to the FFP where we had to choose a coloured card , then we had to engage 3 targets of the same colour positioned at 330 meters far away with 2 rounds each , each target was about 10 meters from another one , everything had to be done in 6 minutes , I hit all of them in 1,44" minutes , 6 shots-6 kills

running to the FFP
DSC03140.jpg

engaging
7.jpg

PP out

Detail of my card , the slope doper was on its back

8.jpg

PP out

.... end of the long shooting day , 45 rounds shooted , I was tired and dirty but quite satisfied , I got a 4th place on 14 shooters

11.jpg

PP out

Thanks! awesome pictures and great job, really impressive

That looks like fun! I like the course of fire idea of having to pack-up and leave under time constraints in order to complete the stage.

Thank you .

The biggest difficulties I met were to find the 16"x16" brown targets with the wooded or wheat fields backgrounds and also the missing of drinking water.

I had a couple of liters in my CamelBak but they were gone in just 7 hours , we could not be resupply until the end of the match .

PP out

Looked like an awesome comp. in a beautiful setting. Thanks for sharing the pics. A bit far and costly for most of us here to participate but wish we could.

Definitely some great lessons there. Doubled.

Thanks for sharing that experience with us PP.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: edgewater</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.....A bit far and costly for most of us here to participate but wish we could. </div></div>

Thank you for your nice words folks !

Unfortunately it is , I wish to have some american mates attending our sniper matches too .

PP out

Hi and thanks for the pics.

Could you post some more information on the rules and limitations of the equipment.
Where was the competition.

I'd like to participate next year. (I think i'll need some training first.) Italy is big, but I think for me it would not be too far.

Chili

these are mine 3 targets of the exercise n 8.......start time.... 4 minutes to run 100 m and engage these 3 targets, before first shot the check man give us the color to engage, every target was mixed together with other target in different color, look like a signal marine flag.... mine was blu... 6 shot at 320 meters... 6 targets hit.....

DSCN2671.jpg

I would also like to attend this event, or your November event,

Would you mind sending me the details when they become avaiable.

regards

Ewen

wildo me or PP....as soon as we have informations about the next edition

wow beautiful country guys. good shootin!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chili77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi and thanks for the pics.

Could you post some more information on the rules and limitations of the equipment.
Where was the competition.

I'd like to participate next year. (I think i'll need some training first.) Italy is big, but I think for me it would not be too far.

Chili </div></div>

easy rules, every exercise with time limit constraint from 4 minutes to 6 minutes... after time limit you got a malus -30 point

3 target hit zone ( IDPA target )
A 10 point
C 5 point
D 3 point

every miss shot on minumun target shot -10 point
no target engage - 30 point

no limitation on gear, spotting scope, ACI, PDA with software ecc ecc, kestrel ecc ecc.... ( no possibility to use the most of the gear.. for example I've used only 1 time my Kestrel.... )

only 3 calibers admitted

.300 WM
.338 LP

By MILSEC association, I thank all participants in the "1st Precision Valley", and thanks to everyone who helped us to build this race.

With this race we opened a new era of shooting in Italy.

We hope to open the next race at the European participants

If you want to see more photos of the race can be found at the following link: http://www.milsec.it/index.php?option=com_phocagallery&view=category&id=8&Itemid=149

Marco Alberini
MILSEC Administrator

I saw the thread just now.

It was the best rifle's competition that I ever attended.

More pics:

phoca_thumb_l_aprecision20valley004.jpg

phoca_thumb_l_aprecision20valley203.jpg

phoca_thumb_l_aprecision20valley209.jpg

31181_400014536244_513341244_479035.jpg

Me and my Sako TRG 42 .338 LM

DSC_2731.jpg

My targets, first target: six shots at 820 m (4 hits), the second: 3 shots at 540 m (3 hits)

I won the first place.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is there some cheap mountain vino that gives one super natural snipery powers to properly place the boolits ? </div></div>

Yes, there are a lot of good wines in our hills, I' am a wine producer
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: davide</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

easy rules, every exercise with time limit constraint from 4 minutes to 6 minutes... after time limit you got a malus -30 point

3 target hit zone ( IDPA target )
A 10 point
C 5 point
D 3 point

every miss shot on minumun target shot -10 point
no target engage - 30 point

no limitation on gear, spotting scope, ACI, PDA with software ecc ecc, kestrel ecc ecc.... ( no possibility to use the most of the gear.. for example I've used only 1 time my Kestrel.... )

only 3 calibers admitted

.300 WM
.338 LP

</div></div>

Thanks.

That looks great guys. Beautiful country and its just the right terrain to have a match. I wish my flat 1200 yard range was hilly like that. Good to see others in the world having great matches. Wish I could join you. Congrats on a good time.

SP

To those who like to join us for the next edition , this one probably'll be held next Spring 2011 , the rules'll be available also in english , the website to be watched for updates is www.milsec.it , at the same time Ariete , one of the forummiers here , 'll post all the updates as they'll be available .

thanks so much for your interest in our match & pix ,
good shooting everybody,

PP out

Great photos.

Pardon my ignorance; but what is Milsec? [Tried to work it out from the link, but my Italian is non-existent!
smile.gif
- I get the impression this is a civilian club competition - but can't tell for sure!]

Have you ever had competitors from other EU countries before? (& any idea if Italy requires more than a European Firearms Pass to bring a 308 in from within the EU?)

Apologies for '20 questions'; but I quite fancy a reason for a trip to Italy!
smile.gif
[Ewen; take note!]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jp67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why only these 3 calibers? </div></div>
Why no 260?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jp67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why only these 3 calibers? </div></div>

Only military calibers: is a "tactical" competition

If you are interested the next edition, send an email to [email protected] and put your address in our database
When organizing the next event, we will send you an invitation with the regulation in English.

Thanks Ariete.

In the meantime, I'd very much appreciate any info on the following 2 questions:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brown Dog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Pardon my ignorance; but what is Milsec? [Tried to work it out from the link, but my Italian is non-existent!
smile.gif
- I get the impression this is a civilian club competition - but can't tell for sure!]

Have you ever had competitors from other EU countries before? (& any idea if Italy requires more than a European Firearms Pass to bring a 308 in from within the EU?) </div></div>

Many thanks!

Are you planning to open the competition to other calibers?
I have an AI in 260.