• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

"Precision Valley sniper cup"Italy , June 2nd 2010

Re: "Precision Valley sniper cup" - PIX ( heavy )

JP,

Noting your location, it maybe worth explaining that French civilians can't privately own military calibres -hence, I assume your 260
smile.gif

Now let someone answer my question
smile.gif

We can, but there is a lot of paperwork involved.
If you still want a rifle a military caliber (in .308 or .223 or .50, etc) you have to apply every 3 years to keep your licence until someone from the administration decides you no longer deserve to own your .308 or .223.

Beside that, there are better calibers out there than what the military use, but that's my point of view.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jp67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We can, but there is a lot of paperwork involved.
If you still want a rifle a military caliber (in .308 or .223 or .50, etc) you have to apply every 3 years to keep your licence until someone from the administration decides you no longer deserve to own your .308 or .223.
Beside that, there are better calibers out there than what the military use, but that's my point of view.</div></div>

JP,

With that detailed explanation; I think you may have just successfully unpicked the sympathy vote
crazy.gif
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brown Dog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
but what is Milsec?

Have you ever had competitors from other EU countries before?
</div></div>

BD,

MILSEC is a public board/forum , just like SNIPER HIDE , Ariete is the webmaster.

The answer to your second question is positive , we have had shooters from Switzerland .

PP out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pinco Palla</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

BD,

MILSEC is a public board/forum , just like SNIPER HIDE , Ariete is the webmaster. </div></div>

Thanks; all makes sense now!
smile.gif

BD ,

just out of my curiosity , where do you come from ?
You live in EU ?

PP out

Bd ,

no need to reply , I see Blighty means GB , that's OK .

PP out

Thanks for sharing. Beautiful country indeed. Great photos too.

Hope that we can hold something similar over here in a few years time.

I've been envious since I saw the facebook photos!

Looks like an awesome match!!!!

Folks ,

another one 'll be held soon , may be next fall , it'll be a more tactical one with shooter & spotter couples needed , there'll be mil-dot exercises , unknown long distance moving targets , land navigation and so on , I'll keep you posted about that , may be someone'll want to take a flight to visit the old Italy , who knows ?

Good shooting,
PP out

Looks like a very well thought out and well ran competition. I'd be interested in attending in the future if you open it to international competitors. I can't seem to get access to www.milsec.it/ as its looking for a username and password.

Re: "Precision Valley sniper cup"Italy , June 2nd 2010

This is the match that I would most like to attend. Will you be running it in 2012 as I would be willing to forgo some trainng classes for a nice vacation with the wife? Thanks. Steve. BTW. Are semi-auto platforms allowed/legal?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FightingFit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like a very well thought out and well ran competition. I'd be interested in attending in the future if you open it to international competitors. I can't seem to get access to www.milsec.it/ as its looking for a username and password. </div></div>

Now exists a new website www.tirolungadistanza.it ....

look there or contact [email protected] to have info regarding 1st Precision Valley and the next long range shooting competition we are organizing: "The 2nd Precision Valley".

Bye