• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Predator Hunting Suppressed

Re: Predator Hunting Suppressed

To correct bunny punter it was the 5th round. The previous 4 were for drop calibration and windage....or to give the dog something to look at.

And yes Doogie the famous "Click...... Damnit". Then a string of fire that sounded like it came from a blind mute first look at a rifle.

At least you can count on safety first when it comes to me and you can always count on my gun being unloaded for the first shot....or attempt at a first shot.

Atleast I'm capable of putting lead down range. Not bad for a blind mute with an itchy trigger finger.

Well back to the topic at hand...predator suppressed.
I recall a couple years ago when Doogie, my brother and I went coyote hunting to one of my sweet spots that i have always had luck in....this is one of those completely awesome dumb moments that doesn't end the way it should have.

So we were in south eastern Idaho on some private property near the beginning of November and it had snowed a few fresh inches so we had an excellent back drop, awesome cover. we each had an AR suppressed and at least 10 rounds of ammo. Doogie had 20. we hiked into the stand and i anticipated the dogs coming from our left from a draw that i'd called them from in previous stands. Doogie and my brother were already situated and waiting for me to come back from placing the call. I got back sat down and decided to use a pup teritorial call to get their blood rolling....my previous experiences in this area had taken 3-7 mins to get the dogs to come in so i thought there was some time. After I had pressed play i had not even flipped my scope covers up or reduced the magnification on my rifle from the last time we went shooting because i thought i would have a minute to do these minor things..and did i mention it was the first time for my brother as well.. so right after i press play my brother, about 20 ft away tries to get my attention. After a few seconds i'm still getting situated he speaks up a bit and is practically waving his arms at me and using a yelling whisper .

We have 2 coyotes bearing down on us from above our elevated position on the same hill we are sitting on and they are moving fast. From the moment i see them they are within 30-40 yards maybe! I pull my scope up to realize i'm on 18x, saftey on (another reason they call me click) and trying to locate them. I go to readjust as doogie lays down fire and spins the pair in a 180 so they are retreating faster than they were coming.

As i finally pull up i catch a glimpse of a tail going over the hillside above us. needless to say approximately 45 seconds later, 15 rounds from doogie, my brother is just in awe at how fast that all occured and i'm still pissed i wasn't ready nor did i get a shot off, we left home empty handed. I blame doogie.
But from the conversations above i'm not calling the kettle black by any means because i have more stories combined of the dogs i've missed most of them after a "click...damn".
But i wanted to give you all a good chuckle. hope it worked.

Not a chance I had 15 rounds down range, and I don't remember any fresh blanket of snow. And the way I remember it the fish and game dude didn't think to much of that being your usual spot. Can't say I did either since it almost cost us a couple hundred bucks. And you set up right next to the draw they came out of, with the call pointing in almost the opposite direction. But at least I got a shot off.

You forgot to mention the 100 yard broad side dog shooting (or should I say missing) off a tractor in front of those cowgirls. Seems like we had enough time to go ask for permission to shoot on their land. They had to call up the owner to make sure it was ok and you still had time to run around and find a good spot to set up. Not to mention that I was already set up and was just waiting for you so you could get a good follow up shot in case I missed. You kept on telling me to wait and next thing I know the dog is on its way and you have one less round. Hell we would have been better to hand your rifle off to one of the cowgirls they would have hit it.

It's a good thing bunnypunter's dog came from the special club after you took a shot at him as well. Seems I recall another miss not 45 minutes before that one too.

There was a fresh blanket of snow and i was expecting the dogs from the draw further east further down the fence. the only reasn fish and game was there was because it was during the dear hunt and was checking for licences.

And the 100 yard dog was more like 75 yards broad side, holding still for like 30 mins while we were waiting for the land owner to give permission. that was by far the most patient coyote i have ever seen....and now educated. As i mentioned earlier i was not pointing fingers because i am as guilty of equal instances. But it sure was funny.

It's a shame we mostly remember the misses. Granted I'll never forget the asshatter and a certain black/white puff of feathers.

Its a beatiful thing boys. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eznutz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">again the dumbest of criters don't survive when bunny punter has his 17 in hand. </div></div>

That was one of the sickest things I've ever seen. That poor prarie dog didnt stand a chance. I do love my .17 HMR for 200 and closer shots. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eznutz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">don't forget the eyeball of the prarie dog...that he blasted in the head. </div></div>

I shot a rock chuck at 634 yds suppressed yesterday and thought some of you might like the details. I used an HTG Aris suppressor on a Tikka T3 lite stainless in .204 Ruger. The load was 27.5 gr of IMR 8208 under a VMax 40 grainer for 3600 fps. The scope was a Swarovski 3.5x18 Z5 with a ballistic turret. The ballistic solution was via "Shooter" on an iPhone. The wind was right to left but swirling. I held 18" right and missed right about 6".

The second shot was a thru and thru in the lungs. A little bullet expansion but not much.

This set up is routinely accurate out to about 500 yards. I was surprised and impressed that it worked so well at this distance. The suppressor seems to keep them confused about the shot location. I have often had coyotes run toward me after the shot. I don't recall this ever happening before I started hunting suppressed.

I love my HTG Aris, whistle pigs dont [img:center]http://
IMG_2057.jpg
[/img]

Once again to the OP...
thank you for your service, and enjoyment of our video's we well be talking to you once we get our 2nd one ready to roll!!!

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lcFZovRz420" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pardon the ignorance of a city boy.....whats the purpose of killing coyotes?

Not judging, just trying to understand.

When I lived in Salt Lake City we were surrounded by the noisy fuckers....rarely ever saw one though. They never messed with anyone even though I would see their tracks everywhere on the hillside around my house. They would eat the dead deer carcasses from deer that got hit on the side of the road but that doesnt bother anyone.

Seems like in your video they were chasing mice and other pests.

I dont mind killing animals if Im gonna eat them.....many a fish has made it to my deep fryer or grill at my hands, great white hunter that I am.

Whats the point in killing Coyotes though?