• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Predator hunting suppressed.

skinney_7

Hammer down.
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 23, 2008
    SD
    www.oneillops.com
    gotta love the suppressor.
    DSC00025.jpg

Re: Predator hunting suppressed.

ONEILLOPS tosses multiple sizes of lead!

What a fantastic lineup you got there. And they say perfection is unatainable. Horsesh*t!

when are we slingin' some .416 mile shots?

Nice pic Skinny... How many days did it take for the collection?? Nice light kitty as well.

Is that the old military issue snow coverups??? got some myself but the matarial seems to get wet as hell after laying in snow all day calling.

Copper,
    its the trojan overwhite system, stops the wind, its waterproof and excellent for those long calling days a bit spendy around 350 for the set, i think i'm gonna purchase some more cause i got lots of blood stains that wont come out.

just got a double this mornin, just about ready to take it easy on the dog population around the ranch, that is unless i run across some mangy ones.
    I am actually thinking of building a 300 whisper, my 308 is runnin about 2665fps and the double i took this morning are still layin in the hills, the 175smk split em open too much for me to try and sew up, should of been using my 556 but the past week i've had about 7 dogs hold up anywhere from 500-800M in windy conditions, and just my luck today i was totin my
    AR-10 and ruin two good furs, damn it.

DSC00056.jpg

I hope you've got a teenager running around there somewhere that you can force to skin those for you.

thanks,
    @ dfoosking, there are a few cats around here, but they are so elusive you don't ever seem em, i usually wait for some kind of snow, and get on a fresh track, make a set and start calling, it takes a while and some patience the quickest i ever called one took 1/2 hour, the longest took 1 1/2 hours and i'm sure i've called in a few i never did see, a good set of nocs is a plus cause those cats appear outta nowhere and have amazing flauge. I could of gotten another one friday, i was trackin him on our river, followed the tracks in a fresh snow for about 3/4 mile and all i had to do was look up or make a set and would of got him, but i got to close and he up and bolted, wish i woulda had my benelli M4 with some 4 buck, i try and only take a few out a yr, season is done sunday and i like keepin some seedstock around, same with the yotes unless they have the mange or start botherin the cattle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope you've got a teenager running around there somewhere that you can force to skin those for you.

</div></div>

I hear ya, rather them get the fleas than me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rory</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice job, im still working on #1. </div></div>
    shit, me too!

Need some help! Doesn't look like it, but just in case you do, PM me!

i got offered 400 for one of my cats but kept it, coyots were an avg. of 10-15$, we still have a lot more dogs with mange than i thought, cleanin them out may be a spring and summer job as well.

What skinning knife do you use?? Obviously a sharp one. But I would like to know specifically which knife you like.

Also which bullet do you prefer for saving the pelts?? I just bought some Calhoon 52 grain Double HP's. But I would be interested in which bullets you use.

Impressive pictures. Thanks for posting. Tom.

i have a rauna for part of the skinnin, great knife very sharp blade, other wise i have a smaller buck that i use for the detailes (when i toe out a cat or dog that i'm gonna have tanned for myself) next yr i got scalpels so when i dull out... pop off the blade and put on a new one.
    everyone has their opinion about a good predator bullet, i throw all of the sorts, sometimes i even carry two rifles just in case a dog hangs up a quarter mile or further and wont come in to the call. I shot two cats last year with my 308 (175 SMK), got lucky no damage both were mid range (250M-350M), i shot lots of dogs this yr with my 308 had to leave a couple lay cause of the wound channel, but most had the mange anyway, if you shoot a .224 i don't think you will have much of a prob worryin about ruining a pelt. i shot half my dogs this yr with 50gr hornady vmax, loaded over 3250fps none of which tore a hole big enough i had to sew up.

LOL, i need to get a full out beard, and about 150 more furs for that pic.