• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

"Preferred" Back up Iorn Sight set.

Street Survival

Private
Minuteman
Oct 16, 2011
Gentlemen,

I need your sage assistance. What is the "preferred" fold down, back up iron sights for a Noveske, 16" Rogue Hunter Upper? Any point in getting tritium in the front sight blade? These will be used in-conjunction with an Aimpoint M4S red dot sight.Thank you all in advanced for your help and advise.

Last edited:
Are these "back-up" sights or "alternative" sights?

I ask because 95% of backup sights are wasted money. If the will be used as alternative sights, I've heard great things about Troy.

I use the Troys. Standard m4 style front. I wouldn't bother with the tritium. They're going to be folded down 99.9% of the time. The Noveske sights are Troys by the way just says Noveske on them

The Aimpoint M4 can be used as a big ghost ring if the dot were to fail. You don't need "BUIS" if you practice with it. I don't se the need for "BUIS" unless you are a real warrior.

TROY and KAC are my two favorite. But I will be honest with you I took mine off and have never looked back, if you get the right scope it will serve as both a red dot scope for close quarters and magnifaction for long range. I have a Swarovski Z6i brt and it is the best of both worlds.

Troy Fronts and MI SPLP Rear Irons for me. They are the same height so mixing and matching are not a problem. I prefer the slightly lower profile and ease of adjustment on the MI's over the Troys rears. Just a personal preference, both are solid sights. In fact there are a bunch of good BUIS on the market today. Just pick what suits your fancy and pocketbook.

Duecks are kinda heavy though don't ya think?

Narcissism is the belief in nothing masquerading as tolerance of everything...Ayn Rand
www.2AFight.com