• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Prefit barrels for Terminus Zeus?

avastcosmicarena

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2018
Anyone have a list of companies offering prefit barrels for the Terminus Zeus action? I found Straight Jacket Armory prefit Proof Research barrels. just wondering what else is out there.

Will any prefit barrels made for the Curtis Vector also fit the Zeus?

Reactions: colorado_native
Area 419 can spin up a prefit bartlein barrel.

Paradigm Gunworx has been great to deal with and can spin you up one pretty quick.

Southern Precision Rifles, I about to send them a barrel to chamber and thread for a Zeus. I will be getting a Zeus made to have shouldered prefits fully threaded and torqued on. They quoted me a lead time of 5-6 wks, they were also recommended by Joel. DMR was also recommended but did not have a 25 creedmoor reamer, but Dean was very nice to talk to and gave me some leads on where to go to find what I need.

Order placed from PVA for full threaded Zeus January 13th, confirmed shipped today Jan30th. Impressive turnaround and I know his barrels can shoot.

Order placed from PVA for full threaded Zeus January 13th, confirmed shipped today Jan30th. Impressive turnaround and I know his barrels can shoot.

Was it in stock when you ordered? If not, that's a great sign on PVA turning things around.

I have 3 of their prefits for various actions, they perform.

Was it in stock when you ordered? If not, that's a great sign on PVA turning things around.

I have 3 of their prefits for various actions, they perform.

Barrel was for a full threaded tenon Zeus, none in stock.

Did you guys see proof Is starting to manufacture prefit barrels from their Factory for vectors. Pretty sure they are torque to spec.

Looks like Proof now has prefits for Terminus on their website.

I’d suspect the Zeus barrels are for the full threaded tenon (non set screw).

Good to see this option from Proof.

Reactions: Edge 01
Looks like Proof now has prefits for Terminus on their website.

I’d suspect the Zeus barrels are for the full threaded tenon (non set screw).

Good to see this option from Proof.
Does that mean if I ordered a full tenon Terminus barrel it would work as a full torque for my vector action? I like the idea of their pre-fits but run all of my barrels as full torque which Proof does not offer on the Vector. It looks like I am also limited to Competition Contour if you go that route as well. Still only using a Heavy Palma and just thinking about jumping to a M24 next barrel.

I asked them on Instagram, and they said the barrels would work with both hand tightening + set screws and torquing on. I assume this means they are not the "full thread, torqued on" barrels.

I hope some one stocks these.... the last time I talked to proof they were over 8 months back ordered....

I asked them on Instagram, and they said the barrels would work with both hand tightening + set screws and torquing on. I assume this means they are not the "full thread, torqued on" barrels.

They must be running a very generous headspace as Terminus print recommends .002 difference between the two. I’m assuming you’ll have some shoulder growth on brass if you run it hang tight.

They must be running a very generous headspace as Terminus print recommends .002 difference between the two. I’m assuming you’ll have some shoulder growth on brass if you run it hang tight.

I think it's just the regular quick change version. Terminus says you can torque on the quick change versions too. It's just not the same as the full tenon ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tier1nub
I think it's just the regular quick change version. Terminus says you can torque on the quick change versions too. It's just not the same as the full tenon ones.
My understanding was that if you got the QD barreled action you could run both QD barrels as well as torqued on barrels. If you got the full thread action you can only do torqued on barrels.

Reactions: Tier1nub

My understanding was that if you got the QD barreled action you could run both QD barrels as well as torqued on barrels. If you got the full thread action you can only do torqued on barrels.

Yes, the QD version of the actions can have barrels both ways but the barrel have to be cut to how you want to apply them. You have to account for the crush from torquing a barrel. The drawings from Terminus calls for .002 additional material if you going the hand tight route.

Yes, the QD version of the actions can have barrels both ways but the barrel have to be cut to how you want to apply them. You have to account for the crush from torquing a barrel. The drawings from Terminus calls for .002 additional material if you going the hand tight route.
Correct.

Hmm..... so, do we know which Proof is making?

Hmm..... so, do we know which Proof is making?
I emailed proof and they replied very quick.

I just spoke to one of our engineers about our Curtis Vector barrels, because I’m not 100% familiar with those barrels.

But all of our Curtis Vector prefits are set up to use as a switch barrel with the gap on the tenon! So you should be good to go there.

Also, the contours of the barrel is either our Sendero contour for the carbon fiber, or the competition contour for the steel.”

knowing that the threading is the same, this will apply to the Zeus as well.

That really doesn't answer the question but I assuming is the hand tight specs based on that quote and use of "switch barrel". If they uses a SAMMI spec reamer to chamber then the .002" will not be an issues as it fits within headspace tolerance.

Takes the guesswork out of it.

Looking to pick up a quick change 223 for practice. Everybody iv contacted is pretty booked out was hoping to pick one up before the snow starts flying. Ideas on any prefits with a quick turnaround looks like proof makes one but it’s not in stock anywhere?

Looking to pick up a quick change 223 for practice. Everybody iv contacted is pretty booked out was hoping to pick one up before the snow starts flying. Ideas on any prefits with a quick turnaround looks like proof makes one but it’s not in stock anywhere?
I ordered one from Bugholes and they quoted me, I believe, 6 weeks. Not super quick but not too bad.

Takes the guesswork out of it.
Sure, but actually finding one in stock at a Proof dealer is another story entirely.

Anyway, I ordered a Benchmark VCC contour barrel in 6 Dasher from Straight Jacket Armory. Took almost 6 months, honestly. Extremely long wait, but most of that was Straight Jacket Armory waiting for Benchmark to ship them barrel blanks, and I was pretty picky with wanting to go with a Benchmark barrel for this build. So, it is what it is.

Southern Precision Rifles, I about to send them a barrel to chamber and thread for a Zeus. I will be getting a Zeus made to have shouldered prefits fully threaded and torqued on. They quoted me a lead time of 5-6 wks, they were also recommended by Joel. DMR was also recommended but did not have a 25 creedmoor reamer, but Dean was very nice to talk to and gave me some leads on where to go to find what I need.
Yup, I also ordered a barrel from Southern Precision. They are great to deal with and do a lot of Zeus barrels so that's what I would do too.

Well I guess that ship has sailed. Straight jacket has a good rep so I'm sure you will be good. I have a new BB bartlien coming in 6cm but I have a benchmark barrel on another rifle and they are fantastic as you probably already know so you will be good to go. Let us know how it works out though

Last edited:
Anybody tried the proof prefits? Wondering how the shoot thinking about picking up a backup for my zeus in 6 creed and maybe a 223 for practice.

Anybody tried the proof prefits? Wondering how the shoot thinking about picking up a backup for my zeus in 6 creed and maybe a 223 for practice.
Not sure but Southern Precision got my barrel for my Zeus done pretty quick. I'd go 223 if it's a practice gun, way cheaper to run than 6 cm and better barrel life to boot. Jmo

Reactions: huntnh
Yes they do a great job just looking for a cheaper alternative at 500 bucks if it shoots I’d be a happy camper? Love shooting the 6creed but barrel life sucks

Yes they do a great job just looking for a cheaper alternative at 500 bucks if it shoots I’d be a happy camper? Love shooting the 6creed but barrel life sucks
Yeah, I hear that. If you get one, let me know how it does. I got the BB steel barrel so I'm hoping it gives me about twice the round count... that would put it at about the same cost as a proof.

Sure, but actually finding one in stock at a Proof dealer is another story entirely.

Anyway, I ordered a Benchmark VCC contour barrel in 6 Dasher from Straight Jacket Armory. Took almost 6 months, honestly. Extremely long wait, but most of that was Straight Jacket Armory waiting for Benchmark to ship them barrel blanks, and I was pretty picky with wanting to go with a Benchmark barrel for this build. So, it is what it is.

solid first post. quote and add nothing. in a 2 year dead thread. i commend you. great work. well done. congrats.

Reactions: spife7980
Well I will fire this back to up to ask how everyones barrels are preforming? Anyone care to share group sizes with HL's or factory ammo? Any problems with either the QC or full torque barrels? TIA.

I have multiple barrels from Straight Jacket Armory and Proof Research. 6 Dasher 6 creed, 6.5 6 GT and 308 no conplaint on ant of them. The SJA are a nit more expensive but there Benchmark blanks and I've seen more rounds fired threw them .

Also i have both actions Full thread and QC and I just torque everything and the full thread I had counterbored to accept the QC barrels

I have multiple barrels from Straight Jacket Armory and Proof Research. 6 Dasher 6 creed, 6.5 6 GT and 308 no conplaint on ant of them. The SJA are a nit more expensive but there Benchmark blanks and I've seen more rounds fired threw them .
Your proof barrels. Are those the proof prefits or did someone chamber a proof blank for you?