• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Premier 3-15 gets Marine scout sniper contract

Re: Premier 3-15 gets Marine scout sniper contract

I had great dealings with Chris as well. He made himself available to answer any questions I might have, even when he was not at work.

I don't think the spirit of his comment was out of line, in fact, I appreciate that he said anything at all. He could have just not said anything. The verbage he used though...not so much.

He did go on to say that he would like to see all the small pieces made in house eventually (instead of sub-contracted from Nun-Ya), but it just was not viable now.

I understand that from a business survival standpoint.

Honestly, I don't care. My scope is amaizing. I have been treated well by their CS.

Would I like for every single pin and screw to come from the US? Hell yes. But that is not easy to do.

In fact I only know of ONE manufacturer that claims that EVERY piece of thier stuff is sourced from the US (Seekens) and I will continue to buy Glen's stuff because of that (and it just kicks ass).

But lets be honest...there are a couple more individual parts in a scope than a mounting system (like 190 more, or so).

Again, there is NO US scope manufacturer that sources EVERY component in country...might be a reason for that.

Verbage...FAIL, product...PASS.

For me, at least, the PH is the ONLY scope on the market that offers the things I want in an optic...Reticle, no tool adjustment, power range, FFP, knob size, click feel and spacing, MTC, CCW turrets, USO ARD, etc.

Congratulations on the contract and on the product you produce. I hope the best for you.

Whether or not you like the company, product or owner, the health and growth of any American company is a good thing, IMHO.

What is the current availability of this Premier 3-15 scope? I've been in the market for a scope, and have been looking at NF,USO,and Premier.

I want to make the purchase in the next few weeks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blu109</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the current availability of this Premier 3-15 scope? I've been in the market for a scope, and have been looking at NF,USO,and Premier.

I want to make the purchase in the next few weeks. </div></div>

get it while you can seems to be the message. CSTactical or LibertyOptics are the places you should give a call to first.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blu109</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the current availability of this Premier 3-15 scope? I've been in the market for a scope, and have been looking at NF,USO,and Premier.

get it while you can seems to be the message. CSTactical or LibertyOptics are the places you should give a call to first. </div></div>

I called Liberty Optics yesterday, and SHOT SHOW has the owner out of the office of course.I guess I'll have to wait til next week to speak with Scott.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blu109</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the current availability of this Premier 3-15 scope? I've been in the market for a scope, and have been looking at NF,USO,and Premier.

SWFA has one on there "samplelist". Used but only $2099.95... SampleList Premier Scopes .

So is the price ever going to go down to the levels before? Cause for the current price of 2750 your almost better spending a little more and getting a S&B.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TimResin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So is the price ever going to go down to the levels before? Cause for the current price of 2750 your almost better spending a little more and getting a S&B. </div></div>

Ask the dealers what they'd sell to you for. Also, even if the price is 2750, saying you'd be better off saving for a S&B depends on whether you think S&B is actually better (not trying to start a bun fight, just saying that it's not an absolute, fact of life that one is better than the other).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TimResin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So is the price ever going to go down to the levels before? Cause for the current price of 2750 your almost better spending a little more and getting a S&B. </div></div>

not with a usmc contract IMO.

Well Put, I have to agree...
I am very please with my experience with Premier and I hope they continue to provide a great product well into the future...that civies can still obtain!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think the spirit of his comment was out of line, in fact, I appreciate that he said anything at all. He could have just not said anything. The verbage he used though...not so much.

He did go on to say that he would like to see all the small pieces made in house eventually (instead of sub-contracted from Nun-Ya), but it just was not viable now.

I understand that from a business survival standpoint.

Honestly, I don't care. My scope is amaizing. I have been treated well by their CS.

Would I like for every single pin and screw to come from the US? Hell yes. But that is not easy to do.

In fact I only know of ONE manufacturer that claims that EVERY piece of thier stuff is sourced from the US (Seekens) and I will continue to buy Glen's stuff because of that (and it just kicks ass).

But lets be honest...there are a couple more individual parts in a scope than a mounting system (like 190 more, or so).

Again, there is NO US scope manufacturer that sources EVERY component in country...might be a reason for that.

Verbage...FAIL, product...PASS.

For me, at least, the PH is the ONLY scope on the market that offers the things I want in an optic...Reticle, no tool adjustment, power range, FFP, knob size, click feel and spacing, MTC, CCW turrets, USO ARD, etc.

Congratulations on the contract and on the product you produce. I hope the best for you.

Whether or not you like the company, product or owner, the health and growth of any American company is a good thing, IMHO. </div></div>

Cannot get the link to work. But oh well...

Seems that the Premier Contract has some backbone to it so all I can say is Congratulations and best of luck!

Cannot wait for the used S&B to hit the classifieds.

Premier keep our country safe and God Bless the U.S.A.

Well what was nice with the Premiers was that they could actually make you think about buying one of them over a nightforce F1 now you have to spend 450 more plus the cost of the rings so its more like 600 compare to 250 cost difference because of the rings which is about 150 for a set of badgers or seekin's for 120.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sniper007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cannot get the link to work. But oh well...

Seems that the Premier Contract has some backbone to it so all I can say is Congratulations and best of luck!

<span style="color: #3366FF">Cannot wait for the used S&B to hit the classifieds.</span>

Premier keep our country safe and God Bless the U.S.A. </div></div>

As Lindy pointed out, the Corps doesn't have a history of dumping gear on the civilian marketplace, so the only S&B's that will be popping up will be from safe queen's owners whose rifle has to be spec even though they never see much use......

Congrats to Premier on the contract. I enjoyed my 5-25 while I had it and got great CS from Premier when I got my clickers (oh, that was JerryR).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The ECP was approved for the SDSS.

Just talked to Chris and they are ecstatic. This is a big deal for them, looks like the initial order is in the neighborhood of 2000 scopes.

</div></div>

Not calling bullshit on you Scott, but first off, there's no way they're ordering 2000 scopes. The contract runs out this fall and Premier doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of delivering that many scopes by then. 2nd, last I heard the USMC wasn't ordering any scopes as they still have BOXES of the S&B SSDS sitting on the shelves at PWS.

Sounds like a lot of hype about "winning" a contract they already won a few years back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lizzardking308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The ECP was approved for the SDSS.

Just talked to Chris and they are ecstatic. This is a big deal for them, looks like the initial order is in the neighborhood of 2000 scopes.

</div></div>

Not calling bullshit on you Scott, but first off, there's no way they're ordering 2000 scopes. The contract runs out this fall and Premier doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of delivering that many scopes by then. 2nd, last I heard the USMC wasn't ordering any scopes as they still have BOXES of the S&B SSDS sitting on the shelves at PWS.

Sounds like a lot of hype about "winning" a contract they already won a few years back. </div></div>

LizzardKing,

I'm just the messenger. This is what was told to me by Premier. I don't know anything, especially about the USMC.

As I understand it it was a Premier contract but the S&B was the designated scope. The ECP was to shift that to the Premier, which was approved. What happens from here is anybody's guess, but I did ask the right questions of Premier and even Lowlight before posting anything. My post was consistent with what the guys who have more knowledge about the situation than I do stated.

There are some who will not be please with this announcement for whatever reason, but it is what it is.

Scott

Nothing against you at all Scott, you're just passing along what you were told. I hope you sell a ton man!

One may want to reconsider the information they pass along; as their "stellar" reputation may be on the line!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">popping up will be from safe queen's owners whose rifle has to be spec even though they never see much use......</div></div>

Those are exactly the ones I was referring to.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One may want to reconsider the information they pass along; as their "stellar" reputation may be on the line!</div></div>

And of course, there is the grain of salt one must take with anything you say about Premier.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One may want to reconsider the information they pass along; as their "stellar" reputation may be on the line!</div></div>

And of course, there is the grain of salt one must take with anything you say about Premier. </div></div>
Carter, something on your mind?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One may want to reconsider the information they pass along; as their "stellar" reputation may be on the line!</div></div>

And of course, there is the grain of salt one must take with anything you say about Premier. </div></div>
Carter, something on your mind?</div></div>

I returned your PM.

I am trying to read between the lines here and so I'll say what is on my mind and maybe it will fit the bill for others as well.......I not afraid of guys in black fast roping out of Blackhawk in the middle of the night and surrounding my house.

The Marines still have unopened S&B's on the shelf. The old saying the Army gets stuff they need NOW and the MArines learn how to make do comes to mind here. If the Marines really think they need a new scope and have found one they like why not go somewhere that has a big production team and high end quality control and either A. has a good supply of what you need in the warehouse or B. Can tool up and fill your order in 90 days working around the clock if need be.

I mean when the military went with the Beretta did Beretta only have 4 in stock at the time? When they need a new SAW from FN does it take 9 months?

Now I know alot guys are Leupold fans however more Leupold scopes are in use in the US Military than all other scopes combined. Maybe they aren't as durable, maybe not as good a glass.....whatever. Leupold has been around for a long long time. They make all of their own parts even the little tiny ones. They import their glass from the same source as the "top European Scope makers"(the most info they will divulge) 125,000 sq ft production facilty employing more than 600 Americans........and they have 1000 scopes on the shelf they could role out now for 1/2 the money and the warranty is lifetime.

If not Leupold why not another company like them....size, American, not financially challenged etc etc.

OK here is where I will speak up where others are holdiing back. First Premeir has along history as family business in the USA..........Grandpa milking spiders for reticles etc....pretty cool seriously. But in the last few years when Premeir was just doing reticle changes and not scope building I personally talked to some kinda short, rude people. I can't recall who but I sent a scope in for reticle swap I was told so many weeks and when it got to be 3 times that long nobody was too sorry about it.......I kinda had to kick a little bit to just get the scope sent back to me as is. I never had heard poorly of them before hand......but after that alot of guys came out of the woods when I started asking for alternate contacts or emails as mine went unasnwered/unreturned. Alot of guys were like "oh you didn't know?"

I am very sorry about the death of the senior member of the family.....I heard he was a good guy and inventive for his time.

I think alot of guys are bent........so they have told me that Premeir in their mind "raided" S&B engineers and had them moved over here to "pirate" S&B technology etc etc which even though its not uncommon in business its bad manners as Premeir got a good thing with putting the reticles in thw S&B's.

Premeir is in financial trouble?
Premeir still gives crappy customer service?
Premeir doesn't care about retail customers so why advertise?

I don't know anything about the above 3 items SO I AM NOT BASHING Premeir.........but its what alot of guys say. I do not own nor have I ever handled a Premeir scope...I have not done business with them in 5 years?? Well I never did business I got my scope sent back finally.........but I have never had dealings with them good or bad.

I think if they have any DD contract their customer service towards the Marines or whomever will be above par or they will run into a very bumpy government road.

Bottom line Premeir has a business.......they have producted good enough, desireable enough products with at least enough customer service to stay in business.......its their business they can do with it what they please.......sink or swim. As consumers we have a vote, we always have a vote. We vote with our wallets. Vote for whomever you want.

Derek

Thank you Derek for an awesome statement of the utterly pointless. If you've never owned or even handled a Premier then why on earth would you even post on this thread?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lizzardking308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... first off, there's no way they're ordering 2000 scopes. The contract runs out this fall and Premier doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of delivering that many scopes by then. 2nd, last I heard the USMC wasn't ordering any scopes as they still have BOXES of the S&B SSDS sitting on the shelves at PWS. Sounds like a lot of hype about "winning" a contract they already won a few years back. </div></div>
Here's some info from the September 2, 2005 <span style="font-style: italic">Defense Industry Daily </span>about the original SSDS contract. The total contract can be up to $15M, with an initial order of 575 scopes at about $1,750 each:

<span style="font-style: italic">This contract has been reported before by others, but not with full details. Premiere Reticles of Winchester VA received a $15 million firm-fixed-priced, indefinite delivery/ indefinite quantity contract for Scout Sniper Day Scopes to “replace the aging and failing Unertl sniper scopes currently used by US Marine Corps snipers.”

This contract will change the standard sniper optics throughout the U.S. Marine Corps. Like the recent $660 million ACOG scope contract covered by DID, it represents a significant market decision given the USMC’s long history of high standards and leadership in this area. With respect to the details of this contract…

M40A3 Sniper Rifle
The USMC selected Premier Reticles as the U.S. assembler and distributor of the Schmidt & Bender 3×12x50 combat telescope with illuminated reticle.

The original solicitation had noted that the Government “intends to award two separate contracts: one for the M40A3 SSDS, and another for the M82A3 SSDS; however, in the event a single offeror proposes one scope that meets the requirements of both the M40A3 and the M82A3, a single Offeror may be awarded both contracts.” ...

...<span style="font-weight: bold">The initial USMC purchase will be 575 Scout Sniper Day Scopes at $1,749 each, for a total initial delivery order of $1 million.</span> The Marine Corps has confirmed that these scopes will be used on both the M40A3 and M82A3 .50 cal sniper rifles, but did not respond to questions regarding the scopes’ use on other model of the M40 and M82. The numbers involved and low production rate of M40 sniper rifles suggests that this may be the case.

<span style="font-weight: bold">The government may purchase up to a maximum of 7,500 scopes on this contract over the five-year period the contract is in effect.</span> Work will be performed in Winchester, VA (75%) and Germany (25%), and is expected to be complete by August 2010. This contract was competitively procured using full and open competition. The Marine Corps Systems Command in Quantico, VA issued the contract (M67854-05-D-1043).
</span>
Presumably PR is passing from the "initial purchase" phase of the contract (at least 575 scopes) into a second phase in which additional scopes will be purchased. Since the PR Heritage is not yet a battle-tested scope, I wouldn't be surprised if the next phase was another fixed number of scopes at a specified price.

So why all the hoopla at PR? The USMC could have ended the purchase of the SSDS at 575 scopes (or whatever number of PR/S&B SSDSs have been produced, up to 7500) and called it a day. Instead, they opted for additional scopes and agreed to the engineering change to the PR 3-15x Heritage-based SSDS. I bet that the price of the revised SSDS is more than the PR/S&B produced in the original order since there were unplanned problems that took time to fix. With PR's experience in the first phase, I'm sure they've estimated a more realistic cost for the next phase, and they also have more control over the design and production process without S&B involved now. But, as Scott said, I really don't know anything except what I read. In contracts, changes are possible by mutual agreement and few are privy to what the current contract says.

Normally Mason post on the Hide but the guy in the Video is me. Mike Cecil from CS TACTICAL also know as CS GUNWORKS. 

We can get the 3-15x50mm out right way. 

Mike @ CST

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lizzardking308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I heard the USMC wasn't... </div></div>
You should stick with your insurance sales and your "stuff Marines use" collection.

I can send you a decal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lizzardking308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I heard the USMC wasn't... </div></div>
You should stick with your insurance sales and your "stuff Marines use" collection.

I can send you a decal. </div></div>

I'm getting my hair cut even shorter so I can be considered an authority on military optics. I'll take a decal!

LOL. He'll laugh at it, or I have misguessed. I would expect all these details from historians trying to get all the details right for a chapter on the scope/scopes but I find myself curious about people either using hearsay OR defense web sites to ensure they have exactly the same widget the Corps is using. Nothing wrong with it though.

One can buy this Vintage Dress Blue Jacket on EBay right now.

COAT, MAN'S WOOL GABERDINE - Hell YE-AH!

Anyone seen any of the Universal Needs Statements that prompted this if true?

Without the UNS's this would never happen, when there is plenty of servicable scopes in inventory. Last I heard there were some turret issues that were fixed a couple years back. 07ish. Anyone know?