• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Premier help

Sharp Shooter

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2008
Ohio
I have a Premier Heritage 5-25x56 scope that I scratched the lens while cleaning. I contacted Tangent Theta and asked them if they could replace the lens and they responded unfortunately we would be unable to replace or repair damage to the lens. Does anyone know if there is anyone out there that can replace my scope lens?

How bad did you scratch it? If you can't see it when looking through it, leave it alone.

If it is bad enough that is blurs when looking through it....You are not supposed to use 60 grit sandpaper to clean your glass.....

I know.... I cant see it when looking through it but its deep. it happened when I was using it in dusty conditions and used a lens pen and brush to clean it.

Youre asking is if a third party will grind you a new lense for an out of production scope?I’m 100% certain you can have this done. I’m also 100% sure it will cost you thousands and thousands of dollars to have a one-off lens to match what you have there. Don’t forget the coatings.....

Seriously, leave alone. My spotter fell over face first in gravel, in like 2001. Can’t see it in the view, I have no interest in fixing it, and Nikon used to be right down the road from me.

Last edited:
The scratches on a front lens element have to be pretty gnarly to affect your image. If anything, the only really thing you might notice is an increase in flare when you’re hit with direct light.

Get a sunshade and continue to enjoy your scope.

The scratch is bad. I cant see it through the scope. Anyone know of a company that can replace the lens?

You could buy a brand new Tangent Theta for less than it would cost to have a third party make a custom lens for you and install it.

Also, if you use your scope and it gets dusty and dirty you’re going to get some scratches, it’s just the way it is.

Reactions: Dan M