• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Premier Heritage 1.1-8x24 are on the way!

SWFA

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2002
Texas
www.swfa.com
Just received conformation they're finally shipping in limited quantities.
cool.gif

Premier Heritage 1.1-8x24 Tactical 34mm Riflescope
http://swfa.com/Premier-Heritage-11-8x24-Tactical-34mm-Riflescope-P45504.aspx
$2,610.00
•Matte finish
•First Focal Plane Illuminated Gen II CQB
•34mm tube
•Single-Turn 0.1 MRad (17 mrad of Elevation travel)
•Counter-Clockwise
•Free Flip Open Lens Caps w/ Purchase
specsheet.jpg

10001_1.jpg

10001_2.jpg

10001_3.jpg

10001_4.jpg

Re: Premier Heritage 1.1-8x24 are on the way!

My checking account just whimpered a little.

"•Free Flip Open Lens Caps w/ Purchase": I found that amusing.

Looking forward to playing with this one.

If the "free" lens covers are anything like the ones on the 3-15X, they are worth every penny of the "free."

The position of the turret assembly is strange and unique.

Anyone have a guess as to why it was designed that way? Advantages?

How the hell you supposed to mount that? at 12" long its as long as a 4-14xMK4 Leupold...Gonna put 2 rings infront of the turret???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CST</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gonna put 2 rings infront of the turret??? </div></div>

Quite to the contrary:

DSC_1652k.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The position of the turret assembly is strange and unique.

Anyone have a guess as to why it was designed that way? Advantages? </div></div>

The erector design had a lot to do with where the adjustments had to be located. There are 3 moving lenses as opposed to 2 so the erector as a whole is a lot longer so therefore where the adjustments rest against the erector had to be moved forward. Basically the scope is all erector system with an objective lens on the end.

Paul

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice job on that Paul! </div></div>

Hell, I didn't do anything on this. All the kudos go to Optronika. This was pretty much soley their Baby. I just QC'd them according to the specs and made sure they did what they said they would do.

Paul

I played with one at SHOT last year. It was pretty damn cool.

One very nice looking scope!!!! Priced well to boot. My credit cards are trembling in fear from the abuse they may take to get this on my SPR.

Well, when I win the lottery Friday I'll pick up a couple. Nice looking scope. BTW, while I haven't really put the 3-15 through tough environmental conditions, I've been okay with the lens caps, although I sometimes leave them off and just depend on a ScopeShield. I'd imagine with a 24mm objective, the new caps will be far less obtrusive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nobody has mentioned it both FFP and SFP and changes at 3X... that in itself is an interesting note. </div></div>

Very interesting!!!!

That is awesome. My Noveske Recon needs this, but my checking account needs a bit of time to recover from Christmas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David S.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CST</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gonna put 2 rings infront of the turret??? </div></div>

Quite to the contrary:

DSC_1652k.jpg
</div></div>
What mount is that? I apppears to work perfectly with the new Premier.

I like it, makes the Leupold look silly.... I wish it were $1500, but the pricing seems much more realistic than the Beaver Boy's contender.

I sure hope it turns out as well as the prototype I saw at SHOT. I was really impressed, especially with the quick change to a SFP red dot when dialed down. It had great acquisition speed. This will be just in time for my next AR build.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: matt33</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What mount is that? I apppears to work perfectly with the new Premier.</div></div>
It's a Recknagel ERA-TAC QD mount. This one in particular is a model that was built specifically for the V8 and use on ARs, so no surprise it works so well.
wink.gif

I recommend those mounts highly to anyone in Europe looking for this type of mount (and other serious mounts as well). Not sure about availability in the US, but they do have a booth at SHOT.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The specs say 17mil single turn and the pictured erector only shows 10. Which is correct? </div></div>

The dial does indeed have 10 on it. The full elevation travel of the turret is 17 mils however.

Paul

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Plange</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The specs say 17mil single turn and the pictured erector only shows 10. Which is correct? </div></div>

The dial does indeed have 10 on it. The full elevation travel of the turret is 17 mils however.

Paul </div></div>

Paul,

Joking aside, will the units that ship have 17 mil shown or is the 17 mil the total travel an it is optically centered therefore only having a theoretical 8.5 mil (assuming centered). Just trying to think if this would work for my shorter .308.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ll7rWiY5obI&feature=fvst"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ll7rWiY5obI&feature=fvst" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I just checked a production model. There is 18.2 mils of adjustment so the spec saying 17 mils is good.
So to answer your question we optically center the scope but you will have sufficient travel up and down beyond the zero stops to adjust your scope.
Hope that helps,

Paul
Now I need to go back to work right after I watch the Spinal Tap video one last time....what a classic...

The illumination is on the highest setting at all magnifications.

The flood light is 125 yards away.

Reticle.gif

So, it appears that you can't see the crosshair illumination at higher magnifications during daylight? How does it do at dusk or night?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The illumination is on the highest setting at all magnifications.

</div></div>

Seems some kind of mistake - the illumination can be seen only at 1.1x

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vtb</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The illumination is on the highest setting at all magnifications.

</div></div>

Seems some kind of mistake - the illumination can be seen only at 1.1x </div></div>
You can see it @ 2X, then it switches off automatically above 3X...and that's the CQB red dot. As for the overall reticle, it can be illuminated manually:

http://www.premierreticles.com/pdfs/2010-V81-8x.pdf

Should we be able to see the illuminated cross hairs at magnifications above 3X if the illumination setting as set at the highest setting? That is to say, we should go from a bright red dot to bright red crosshairs. The video gives the impression that the crosshair illumination washes out during daylight.

Based on the prototype I saw, I think the pictures show the reticles while not illuminated because I remember the illumination to be quite obvious and usable.

With my current Premier Heritage 3-15 I can't see the illumination in the day. However, in low light or night time it is better than any other illumination I have seen, no bleeding no blooming, no problems. It's excellent.

The illumination was for sure on at all powers in the animation.

Does anybody have any experience with one of these? How does it add up to S&B's model?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mohawk3A</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anybody have any experience with one of these? How does it add up to S&B's model? </div></div>
You're late for dinner! A few Premier scopes have been released for sale, and the S&B is not yet available. Wait 4 to 6 months and ask again.

Ya, I was hoping I could get some premier feedback from some of those lucky few. Last month I was told the S&B version could be out this month (before shot show). I heard the S&B has more elevation. Other than that I havent heard any information /reviews. Have you checked out the premier?

Keep in mind that most of us who'd seen the S&B 1-8x probably just saw the prototype. Any impressions may not be an accurate reflection of the final, released product.

Now if I were to compare what I had seen of the Premier vs. the S&B, I found target acquisition quicker with the Premier. I also like the fact that it had the red dot automatically light when dropped to 1.1x At 8x, I would say the two were on par. However, it wil be interesting to see what reticle the S&B will eventually have.

Is it just me or is that distortion on the left side at 1x, clear image at 2x, more distortion at 3x on the left at 8 o'clock, same thing at 4x but goes back to good clarity at 5x? Is the distortion the result of the 3 lens erector design? It's just strange that 2x and 5x are pretty clear, yet the others seem to be pretty bad.

While those through the scope pics are great (as I have come to expect from SWFA), it is really easy taking a bad image through scopes in general and this one in particular doesn't seem to be too camera friendly, I've done much worse than SWFA in many of my attempts.

While a trained eye might detect slight changes in image quality throughout the magnification range of a variable scope, IQ just doesn't switch back and forth between good and bad, and since the camera can only make the image worse than it actually is, the best image obtainable with the camera will be the closest representation of actual IQ.

Bottom line, what you are seeing in the images is most likely caused by minor misalignments of the camera from shot to shot. Come over to our booth at SHOT and see for your self, that will give you a much better idea of the capabilities of the scope.
wink.gif

Regards,

David

PS: Distortion is change of magnification with image height and has nothing to do with what you are talking about.

Through the scope pics are a novelty at best. Can't really use them to judge glass quality.

This seems like a really neat optic.

I suspect the distortion you're seeing has more to do with trying to point a camera through a rifle scope than with the rifle scope itself...

I've had an eye on this since it was announced- I plan to use on my REPR.

Any retailers here have these in stock? If so I'll put up the $$ today.

Thanks,
FF

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David S.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
PS: Distortion is change of magnification with image height and has nothing to do with what you are talking about.
</div></div>

Thanks for the clarification as well as correcting my incorrect usage of an optical term, I can't imagine how good you'll be once you actually graduate!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lizzardking308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David S.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Thanks for the clarification as well as correcting my incorrect usage of an optical term, I can't imagine how good you'll be once you actually graduate! </div></div>

seems like he knows a good deal more than you, judging by your petulant response. Jesus, when did it become a bad thing to know what you're talking about!?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lizzardking308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David S.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Thanks for the clarification as well as correcting my incorrect usage of an optical term, I can't imagine how good you'll be once you actually graduate! </div></div>

seems like he knows a good deal more than you, judging by your petulant response. Jesus, when did it become a bad thing to know what you're talking about!? </div></div>

Dude, relax... It was a joke...