• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Premier Heritage 3-15 X 50

Aquatic_Robotic

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2011
East Texas
New to SH. As a new LR shooter, I am looking for advice on scope choice for my first true long range build. I have several guns that are excellent out to 500 yds, but want to build gun and have optics that will perform out to a 1000 and beyond.

Have friend that has built several LR guns and swears the only scope to have is Premier Heritage. I know there are lots of other choices, but want opinion on this particular scope. I realize they are $$$$ pricy, but if they are as good as he thinks they are, then I'll invest the money.

Have 308 experience, but am considering 300 Win Mag on this first LR build. Not only will the gun be used for targets, but I have places and opportunites to take hogs at 1000+ yds, but no firearm capable of the task.

Thanks for your input for the "Newbie".

Re: Premier Heritage 3-15 X 50

You SASS can do quite well at a 1000yd and whatever you are using as optics with that stick with it. The long range stuff isn't for everyone so practice with what you got. Once you are great shooting and doping wind inside of 1000yds then perhaps move up to a larger system and better optics. The hardest part for me is doping the wind at that range and only with practice do you get better.

I have extensively used Leupold optics, but have switched several of them to Premiers. I have both the Gen 2 xr and gen 2 mildot, but I prefer the Gen 2xr for hold overs. The cam locking turrets take a little getting use to but once your zero is set you can forget about them. They make long distance shooting easier as you don't have to worry about getting lost in the elevation turns, or if there is a sudden opposite wind change it is easy to adjust accordingly. I really don't have any complaints.

Thanks for the valuable information. I really like what I read about the Premier Heritage and will talk to my buddy about giving his a closer look. I am I sure he will let me give it some range time and field use. These articles were extremely informative and helpful.

thanks again

A friend of mine told me today that all the M110 rifles that are going to the Marines are equipped with the Premier 3-15X50. I just wish the Army M110 would get the same.

If you have the $$$$.$$ for the Premier I highly recomend it, I have 2 of them and they are outstanding in my eyes.

The IOR 3.5-18X50 and the Vortex 5-20X50HD look like they would be well worth checking into and they are about $600 less new.

I have not got to see the Vortex PST ($900)but a freind has one and he says it is great, I will check it out soon.