• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Premier Heritage options & accessories NEW!!!!

Gen2mildot

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2007
All,

I'm pleased to announce the following product options and accessories:

-5-25x with Gen 2 mildot ($250 for upgrade on existing scope)
-56mm ARD for 5-25x56mm
-50mm ARD for 3-15x50mm
-56mm sunshade for 5-25x56mm
-50mm sunshade for 3-15x50mm
-Premier 34mm alloy rings (1.27" height)

Please direct questions on pricing and availability to: [email protected]

Re: Premier Heritage options & accessories NEW!!!!

on the rings, is that measurement taken from top of base to center of the ring? pics of pieces?

Does the 50mm ARD replace that big flange for the flip cap or screw into it like the USO ARD does? If it replaces, will the ring then attach to the ARD so you can use the flip cap with it?

How long before the 5-25 Gen II will be available to the public, and what is the cost?

Email sent. I'm curious if the ARD is a light killing honeycomb like the Tenebraex products or a contrast enhancing wide honeycomb like the USO's.

Bummer I just got my 5-25 and now they say GenII will be available......

Similar bummer that they didn't tool up a sunshade as part of the package.

How about the slip on ring for parallax knob marked in yards. It has been a long time since these were mentioned. The delrin ring would sure be better than nothing !
Sobrbiker- If you don't mind, please post if the ARD will be a large honeycomb ( like USO ) or like Tenebraex ( gag, barf, puke ). Thanks !

david

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: al redneck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">please post if the ARD will be a large honeycomb ( like USO ) or like Tenebraex ( <span style="font-weight: bold">gag, barf, puke </span>). Thanks !

david </div></div>

Will do. As you can see, I too hope they don;t bother offering us the Tenebraex POS (POS may be too harsh-they're fine for Aimpoints and such, but have no place on a LR precision optic IMHO).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: al redneck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about the slip on ring for parallax knob marked in yards. It has been a long time since these were mentioned. The delrin ring would sure be better than nothing !</div></div>
No kidding - I'm waiting on these myself. It would have been nice if Premier had laser-etched numbers in yards and/or meters onto the Parallax knob, but that would slow production to a crawl. I believe that in order to make the distances line-up correctly, each Parallax knob would have to be "timed". And the results would be bound to vary because of the adjustable diopter. An adjustment on the diopter can and will affect the point at which the image appears in perfect focus (and theoretically parallax-free).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: al redneck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sobrbiker- If you don't mind, please post if the ARD will be a large honeycomb ( like USO ) or like Tenebraex ( gag, barf, puke ). Thanks !

david </div></div>
I hope this isn't thread-crapping, but about two weeks ago I dropped-off my Heritage 5-25X (56mm) at USO to use as a test bed for production of a Sunshade and an ARD. USO will offer a Sunshade as well as an ARD for the Heritage 5-25X (56mm). I'll post photos when I get mine, at which time JBWIII will probably introduce them.

Keith

Will these ARDs fit S&B? Are the slip over the objective or screw in? I just bent the shit out of the dainty threading on the objective of a USO when the rifle took a tumble. Slip over is sounding smart.

Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will these ARDs fit S&B?</div></div>
I think you are replying to me (yeah, I know - the subject line says <span style="font-style: italic">"Re: Aries64"</span>). That doesn't mean squat on most forums, as most people seem to mis-direct their replies to the wrong person. OK, so the units that USO is working-on to fit the Heritage 5-25X (56mm) are different from the Sunshades and ARDs' that fit the S & B 5-25X (56mm) - the threads are different. If the 56mm S & B ARDs fit the 56mm Heritage why would USO design and produce another unit?

A slip-over design would just reduce the amount barrel clearance too much for a lot of people running a 56mm objective over a heavy contour. Although most people probably aren't using 40 MOA bases, the photo below shows a 40 MOA base set combined with a heavy contour barrel. I had to trim the underside of my BC Flip Open quite a bit to clear the barrel, but it just clears now.

<span style="font-weight: bold">S & B PMII 5-25X 56mm, Seekins (34mm) .970" High Rings on Tac Ops 40 MOA base, Tac Ops Heavy Contour:</span>
ARDBarrelClearance8x6.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are the slip over the objective or screw in? I just bent the shit out of the dainty threading on the objective of a USO when the rifle took a tumble. Slip over is sounding smart.Good luck </div></div>
WOW! First time I've ever heard of anything produced by USO described as "dainty". How did you bend the threading on the USO ARD with the ARD mounted on the scope? I suspect that if your rifle took a header hard enough to bend the ARD's threading at the junction while mounted, that the aluminum objective bell of the S & B was probably damaged too, at which point even an ARD with a steel housing wouldn't have helped.

Keith

Well, I got the bad (in my opinion) a moment ago.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: email from premier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Steve,

We are offering the Tenebraex ARD.

Chris Thomas

President</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">on the rings, is that measurement taken from top of base to center of the ring? pics of pieces?</div></div>

Yes, 1.27" taken from top of rail to center line of scope.

30627rings.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tburkes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How long before the 5-25 Gen II will be available to the public, and what is the cost?</div></div>

$250 for the upgrade, December 2009 timeframe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does the 50mm ARD replace that big flange for the flip cap or screw into it like the USO ARD does? If it replaces, will the ring then attach to the ARD so you can use the flip cap with it?

</div></div>

The 50mm ARD will screw right into the existing threads on the "flange". However, our articulating covers will NOT attach to the ARD. For this reason, we are supplying a Butler Creek #43 with the 50mm ARD.

So an extra $250 for the option or just the upgrade on existing scopes as mentioned in op?

$250 to install Gen 2 in an existing scope. No exchange charge in a new purchase.

Guess I'll wait for USO to make some more 50mm ARD's

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, I got the bad (in my opinion) a moment ago.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: email from premier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Steve,

We are offering the Tenebraex ARD.

Chris Thomas

President</div></div>
</div></div>