• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Premier light tactical

yej0001

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2011
Northern CA
Anyone has first hand experience with this series? Smaller turrets, thinner tube (30 mm), but the eye piece and the optical components are supposedly identical to their big brother. At 2100-2200 price range, it looks it's not worth to get night force FFP model but go to premier?

Any thoughts and comments appreciated

Re: Premier light tactical

I have two of the full size Heritage scopes 3X15 and one of the Light Tacs.

Glass is the same. "Optically", they are essentially equivalent except in theory, the 34mm tube would provide morel light but I can't personally tell the difference.

For all practical purposes, the light tac is simply a smaller, lighter version of the full size Heritage sans a couple of features such as flip-up levers for adjustments and the MTC clickers.

Optically, apples to apples.

My statement is relative only to comparing the two PR scopes to each other. I won't get into the endless debate of if PR is better or worse than NF, S&B, March, etc.

Hope this helps.

I've compared the LT to both my USO 3.2-17 and S&B 5-25 and it stacks up well optically. Illumination control turret is not capped but it's stiff enough that I don't foresee a problem. The only changes I would like to have are slightly "stiffer" clicks. Aside from that it's a very well thought out package.

Make sure you do your homework on the reticle options, the Gen 2XR is great but you give up a little speed of target acquisition due to the thin lines @ low power. The upside is that it's a fantastic reticle match for the higher magnification/precision work.

Rath

I used to have the Heritage in 3-15 with the same Gen 2 reticle. I found I didn't want the weight on a .308 and could easily live without the tool-less zero, uber-elevation, MTC clicks or more than 6 mils per turn. In short, if you have a rifle with ballistics only good out to 1000-1200 yards, there's no need for the extras. My rifle feels nicely balanced now and the scope optics are the same superb quality they were before. The turret zero-stop is not difficult to adjust although you have to keep track of a tiny allen wrench.

I heard from another owner that the Gen 2XR was hard to see in low light with the non-illuminated model. I haven't found that to be a problem with the Gen 2.

I have the same questions. Everything people have to say about it is very positive. Then there is the similarly priced Nightforce F1 and slightly less expensive Vortex Razor HD. I guess it's good that we have so many choices.

I'd like to here about Premier's repair history. Nightforce has a stellar reputation. The Vortex Razor HD seems to have been accepted by many in the shooting community along with its VIP warranty.

I haven't had to have Premier fix anything, but I did ask for a set of replacement clickers. Then I misplaced those and called, offering to pay for another set...got one sent free.

NF retrofitted my 2.5-10X32 with mil turrets. The service wasn't fast but they did the job in the time promised and did it well.