• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Premier Reticle Scope Repair/Maintenance

ratton

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2009
Nevada
I have seen that the Marine Corp uses and has a substantial inventory of Premier Reticle scopes. I know that Tangent Theta will repair and service Premier Reticle scopes manufactured only after a certain serial number. I wonder who maintains/repairs the Marine Corps scopes? Is it Tangent Theta and/or some other entity?

I didn't think TT was repairing any PR scopes now, I thought the options go direct to the credit deal on a new TT scope, because the last I'd heard they were out of parts for the PR scopes.

My best guess as to who handles the M8541A if one goes down is no one. I imagine that whatever can be cannibalized off the busted scope is removed for later and another PR gets swapped in or a S&B M8541 from stock or the new NF scopes. At the end of the day TT bought up PR's intellectual property, limited assets, and designs, not whatever contracts PR had with the government.