• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Premier tactical 3-15

They are a superb optic I use mine on a dual hunting/ long range plinker very well built, glass comparable to pmii I use on 338 ai not the greatest adjustment range but enough for me when combined with 20 moa rail. I got the gen 2 mil dot as the xr was very fine and hard to see in lowlight but by no means a bad reticle I got non illuminated so can't comment on that. In hindsight I would get illuminated when I get another. not really a fan of FFP reticles just me I guess but I've got used to it now through its magnification range. I've had mine 9 months and will replace my nightforce with another

Easily the equal of S&B.

In 3-15 i prefer the gen2 mil reticle. The xr is too fine.

In 5-25 the xr reticle is perfect.

I just picked up a Heritage 3-15 with the Gen II and I love it so far. I am waiting on rings so I can mount it but just looking through it out of the house windows it is very clear and I find the Gen II very usable even on three power. Can I range on 3 power no but the reticle is visible for aiming compared to the USO I had with the mil scale MPR reticle which I found unusable below 9x. Glass quality is very good. I have not had the pleasure of looking through a S&B yet so cant comment on that specifically. I like the knobs so far. I have the single turn 22 mil revolution. I am noticing if I am careful I can move it .1 mil after the whole mil clunk.

Glass is subjective - what looks like a world apart in glass difference to me may not be discernible to the next guy. A lot of scopes are touted as having as good of glass as an S&B. In my opinion very few actual live up to this to my eyes. Premier is one of the few that does - glass is as good or maybe just a smidge better than S&B in the samples of each I have looked through.

With the exception of glass clarity, the Premier is in no way comparable to a PMII. I'd rather see my sister in a whorehouse than my brother shoot with a Premier.

Premier is the best glass I've used, which includes SB, March, Kahles and others. I didn't spend much time with the Hensoldt, but the Henny wasn't noticeably better. As mentioned though, glass is subjective.

I had a PRH 3-15 with the mildot. While I liked the scope, it was big and bulky for a 3-15. If I'm going to deal with a big/heavy scope, I'll just tack on another inch of length and go with a 5-25 instead, as the 15-25 range is a lot more useful to me than the 3-5 range. Just my opinion.

As for reticles, I haven't used a PRH 3-15 with the G2XR, but the G2MD reticle was very nicely sized.

Strangely, I actually prefer the G2MD over the G2XR in the PRH 5-25 for most purposes, also. The G2XR in the 5-25 is extremely fine, and is almost unusable under ~8X or so. It is way too small for barricade shooting for that reason.

I have a Premier Heritage Tactical 3-15x50 Gen-2 Mil-dot .01 Mrad DT-MTC-CCW on my TRG-42. It was made sometime right before the Company sold itself off to that Canadian Co in January 2013. Very nice scope, tracks perfectly, has 27 Mils of elevation, I used a Sako three ring 30 MOA and base, so I have something like 18-19 mils of elevation left? I like not having to look at the turrets when I'm dialing up, I just go by the audible clicks, easy to count once your there or close and verify. Is it as good as my Kahles K312 or a 4-16x50 S&B PMII? Hard to say really? It's not easy to line them all up and pick one as being that much better? The PRHT is hugh, seems bullet-proof, but I like knowing where to start placing the parallax knob on the Kahles vs. the PRHT. The S&B has an very slight edge on the PR in the glass department for contrast/color in my opinion? But my eyes are no longer what they used to be either...... getting old and hard to see super clear anymore is sometimes a struggle!

I really like mine, I've had it for a couple of years and it has been on a few different rifles. My one caution would be to make sure you get the proper elevation range for your use. The heritage tactical is available with a few different elevation set ups. Double turn and single turn knobs. I have the 14 mil single turn knob and it works just fine for the usable range of both .308 and .260. The only time I have ever needed more was shooting out to a mile. Good thing is you can't ever end up on the wrong rev...one glance and you know exactly where you are.

The GenIIXR reticle is my favorite out of all those I've tried so far. I've heard people complain about its usability at lower magnifications but I've never had a problem with it. It makes a good low light hunting reticle when you dial it down to 3-5x and turn on on the illumination.

My only gripe is the marking on the parallax knob...mine has the graduated marking but yardage sure would be nice. If I'm field shooting I normally set it somewhere in the 400 yard range and roll with it.